PDA

View Full Version : Jungle kitties....pics

Glacier
08-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I was doing some deforestation in the kitty enclosure a few days ago and got some pics of my kitties enjoying their jungle....It's been a long time since i posted any kitty pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/bootsjungle.jpg
Boots the mighty hunter, stalking something. It's amazing how much carnage he brings in! You'd think other critters would be smart enough no to go in a fenced area used by 9 cats, but you would be wrong!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/pollyjungle.jpg
Polly Paws checking things out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/feliciaout.jpg
Felicia was a little miffed that a human was in her territory!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/glacierout.jpg
Glacier hanging out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/peteyout.jpg
Pete on his perch
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2009/ivyout.jpg
Ivy rarely ventures outside. She is a bit of a snob and the other cats pick on her! She must have thought it was safe with me out there to protect her.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Ivy! Are you sure one of Killearn Kitties' girls did not somehow make the trip from Scotland????

Grace
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous pictures :)

That's a wonderful enclosure they have; do any of them go out in the winter?

Glacier
08-23-2009, 06:07 PM
That's a wonderful enclosure they have; do any of them go out in the winter?

Boots and Felicia like the snow. They go out occasionally in the winter, usually on a warm winter day(-10C), I don't open the window when it's too cold!

Taz_Zoee
08-23-2009, 06:15 PM
I've seen you mention cats in other dog threads but I have never had the pleasure of seeing them. And I didn't know your user namesake was a beautiful kitty (with amazing eyes). :D Thanks for sharing these pictures.

momcat
08-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi Glacier! It's great to hear from you and see your beautiful furkids again. They look as if they really enjoy their outdoor domain. Would you give each of them a generous round of scritchies and lovies from me?

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Great pictures.:) I'd forgotten just how gorgeous your cats are. Thanks so much for sharing some new pictures of them with us.:) So is this all of them or are some of the others too camera shy?

Glacier
08-24-2009, 12:15 AM
So is this all of them or are some of the others too camera shy?

No, not all of them. There are three more. Puff and Sophia never go outside. Puff really only gets off her chair to eat! Onyx goes out quite often, but he must have been inside getting into something!

katladyd
08-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Your kitties are absolutely gorgeous! I especially like Polly Paws. What a beautiful baby! Enjoy all of your furkids, they are so lucky to have such a loving home!:love:

Barbara
08-24-2009, 02:50 AM
I nearly had given up hoping I would see your kitties again- my favorites are handsome Boots and elegant Felicia:) How wonderful that they have their own jungle.
I am sure Boots wants to help you feeding all the doggs ;)

Sonia59
08-24-2009, 04:18 AM
What a pleasure to see almost all your kitties again! I missed them!
They are all beauties and look very happy to be in their jungle :) What is the temperature right now?

Medusa
08-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Abfab! Gorgeous kitty kats, one and all! :)

Anikaca77
08-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Awww what cute pics! Your babies are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,
Melissa

Pinot's Mom
08-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Gorgeous kitties in their "wild kingdom"! If I had to pick - Polly Paws! ;)
Thanks for the pics!!

happylabs
08-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Wonderful pics! Polly Paws is a doll. :love::)
Boots is my Tinker's twin, white whiskers and all.

So, you have a fully enclosed outdoor cat area? That is very cool! I would love to do something like that in my yard.

Queen of Poop
08-24-2009, 08:30 AM
How wonderful to see your kitties again! Thank you!!!!

3Catcondo
08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
What beautiful kitties! Love the outdoor enclosure, too. :)

catmandu
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Thats my next step to make a 20 x 20 Enclosue from the EBT Animal Angel Sanctuary so My Ctas can play in the grass and hide under the bushes and still be safe. I know that Our Animal Angels visit your back yard for picnics and share with Your Jungle Cats.
:cool::cool::cool:

lvpets2002
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
:love: Aweee all of the Babies are so Stunning with Beauty.. great pics thanks

Glacier
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
What is the temperature right now?

Right now, about 5C(41F). Goes up to about 12-15C during the day(53-59F), with a light frost most nights.

Glacier
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
So, you have a fully enclosed outdoor cat area? That is very cool! I would love to do something like that in my yard.

Yup, fully enclosed, fenced to the height of the roof with an overhang to prevent climbing out; blocked off so most of the dogs can't even see the enclosure, seperated from the one dog pen that is in view by a several foot gap and three layers of fence.

kuhio98
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Tamara ~ What a great kitty jungle!
We had to put a roof (made from fencing material) on our kitty jungle because Pepper kept climbing the fence and going AWOL. :rolleyes:

Looks like your fireweed still has some color. It's all gone in Anchorage and the fluff is flying like crazy. One of my projects when I get home is to hose off all the window screens. Otherwise, we'll be looking at fireweed fluff all winter..... which is right around the corner in Anchorage. :(

Glacier
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Looks like your fireweed still has some color. It's all gone in Anchorage and the fluff is flying like crazy. One of my projects when I get home is to hose off all the window screens. Otherwise, we'll be looking at fireweed fluff all winter..... which is right around the corner in Anchorage. :(

The color is all gone now! Pics are a week or so old! The rain yesterday felt like it was going to turn into snow so winter is not far off here either!:D

Sonia59
08-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Right now, about 5C(41F). Goes up to about 12-15C during the day(53-59F), with a light frost most nights.

BBrrrrrrrrrrr! Definitely too cold for me (for a summer)! I was asking because your "jungle" looks very luxuriant, as if it was much warmer.

Glacier
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
BBrrrrrrrrrrr! Definitely too cold for me (for a summer)! I was asking because your "jungle" looks very luxuriant, as if it was much warmer.

It's all fireweed, yarrow and willows! That stuff will grow in any temp! We did have a warmer than usual summer this year, with several days in the 80's(Highly unusual for here). These temps are normal for this time of year!

cassiesmom
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Your beautiful kitties are sure enjoying their own jungle! Thank you for the pictures! Please give everyone some snuggles and hugs for me!