PDA

View Full Version : What Will Pet Talk Be Like In Ten Years??

FloppsyLadySally54
10-02-2002, 06:41 PM
Hi, I was just wondering how many people do or don't think Pet Talk will be around in like ten years, and if it will, what you think it will be like!! Lol I thought it would be a good thread topic!:D I will start.

I think Pet Talk will be overtaken by people that could not go on earlier (because they were too young), and people like me and Ash!! Also, the people that are here now and still are will be will have like a million posts! Karen and Paul will still be hanging around, and Pet Talk will have like a rainbow border, and be a lot more colorful! I picture still having Pet Talk meetings, and going on road trips. The people on Pet Talk would be closer than ever! People would be able to post videos of their pets and stuff!! That is what I think!:D

Fuzzy317
10-02-2002, 07:14 PM
I would hope it stays pretty much the same, maybe with updates in software, but I like how it is now and don't see a need for change.

although on one bbs I go to, attachments can only be a certain size and they are always viewable in the thread

Rottieluver45
10-02-2002, 07:20 PM
I think it will! At least I hope!! Karen and Paul please keep Pet Talk running as long as you can,cause when I`m a vet I`ll be able to come here and tell you all alot of my experiences!:D

FloppsyLadySally54
10-02-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
I think it will! At least I hope!! Karen and Paul please keep Pet Talk running as long as you can,cause when I`m a vet I`ll be able to come here and tell you all alot of my experiences!:D

And I will be able to talk about my adventures in Alaska, and my many many new pets!!:D

Rottieluver45
10-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Me too!! Except for the Alaska thing :D

Dakota's Mommy
10-03-2002, 08:35 AM
I think there still will be a pet talk because as long as there are people who love pets and like to talk about and share stories of their pets, they will be online talking about them: hense, a pet talk!

moosmom
10-03-2002, 08:49 AM
For some reason I couldn't vote. But HELL YES!!! This site is absolutely awesome!! And I would hate to think that in 10 years I would lose all the friends I've made here.

sammi
10-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Geez, I sure hope they have computers in Nursing Homes!:D

Logan
10-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Geez, I sure hope they have computers in Nursing Homes!:D

LOL!!!!!! Sammi, you are too funny!!!! :D :D :D

Karen
10-03-2002, 02:41 PM
I have thought for years that nursing homes of ALL places should have public internet in the common rooms. And of course, Sammi, you would be able to bring your own computer - not that you will be in a nursing home that soon - Buddy wouldn't let you go! (I just picture him pulling on your pant-leg ...)

We intend to keep this site and this Bulletin Board running for as long as possible ... but are thinking of changing the name, as "Pet Talk" is the name of a radio program.

I can't even imagine what the Internet will be like in ten years! Just think of how it has grown in the last ten years ...

HoRsELUvR
10-03-2002, 04:14 PM
i sure hope pet telk stays!its 1 of my favorite things 2 do online!

Miss Meow
10-03-2002, 06:19 PM
Maybe in 10 years we'll have live video chat rooms, so we can see who's on line and chat face-to-face, hold our pets in front of the camera and all sorts of other things that make our friends and family think we're nutty :D

AmberLee
10-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
...and all sorts of other things that make our friends and family think we're nutty...

:D :D Yep, I'm pretty sure that's one thing that won't change in 10 years, no matter how technology evolves. The true Pet Talk mentality will continue to baffle and confuse our loved ones! Hee, hee, hee. ;) :rolleyes: :D

FloppsyLadySally54
10-03-2002, 09:30 PM
You said it, Amberlee!! LoL!:p

wolf_Q
10-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey Karen there's no need to change the name! I have never heard of this radio program, has anyone else?

Randi
04-05-2008, 08:51 AM
It's now been 6 years.... :D

Oh, the things you find when you search for something else! LOL!

BitsyNaceyDog
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Haha Randi, thanks for bumping this up... it's fun to see.
Only 4 more years to go, we can definitely do it!

DJFyrewolf36
04-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I've been here for a while now and I can say its the best forum I belong to! The people are nice and I can babble about my cats without getting odd looks lol.
HERES TO MANY MORE PET TALK YEARS!

dukedogsmom
04-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I think it's safe to say that we'll all be here to find out! Karen and Paul should throw a huge party at a hotel and hopefully, all of us could attend. Wouldn't that be grand? I honestly don't know what I'd do without this place. Many thanks for starting this. I'll bet they had no idea how big it would get.

ramanth
04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm just glad Karen and Paul didn't change the name! :D I'm sure we'll outlive the radio program. ;)

Freedom
04-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, bit of an 'oldie,' and I liked reading that someone hoped we could post 'videos' in future. Great, met that stepping stone!

cyber-sibes
04-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Geesh! I didn't pay any attention to the date!
This says it all: :D

The true Pet Talk mentality will continue to baffle and confuse our loved ones!

cassiesmom
04-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Ten years from now I'll be posting on Pet Talk with the aid of even stronger computer glasses than I need now!

Cataholic
04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
WOW! 6 years! Does anyone ever hear from flopsy?

Karen
04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
WOW! 6 years! Does anyone ever hear from flopsy?

I tried emailing her, and it bounced. Maybe I'll send her a snail-mail postcard!

lbaker
04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Karen, wasn't that OUR Sammi? Did you get the shivers just seeing that too? Made made me happy and sad all at the same time ~

Karen
04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes, that was our "sammi," whose real name was Molly that we met in Texas. For those of you who didn't know her, she was a lovely lady, Lab owner, who has since passed away from lung disease. She is missed.