PDA

View Full Version : Never Thought I'd See This Day

lizbud
08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I never thought he was the least bit sorry for what he did, but I suppose
the older we get, the more we think of the hereafter and judgement day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8385837

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2009, 01:31 PM
After reading that article, I can only imagine the pain he's felt over the years. It changed his life forever. Most likely, his every waking moment has been torture. :(

Catty1
08-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Well worth reading.

Aug 19/09:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/d1533abe-a870-4eb4-b7e1-1691ddfb2495_mn.jpg
In this Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2009 photo, Former Army Lt. William Calley poses for a photo at the Kiwanis Club in Columbus, Ga. where he spoke publicly for the first time about the infamous My Lai massacre in Vietnam in 1968. Calley told members of the Kiwanis Club of Greater Columbus on Wednesday that "there is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai." (AP Photo/The Ledger-Enquirer)(AP)

April 23/71:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/97386c30-4cbf-4aa6-a2ba-a2263c17bc46_mn.jpg
In this April 23, 1971 photo, Lt. William L. Calley, Jr., is seen during his court-martial at Ft. Benning, Ga.. The former Army lieutenant convicted of the 1968 killing of 22 civilians in the Vietnamese village of My Lai publicly apologized at an event near Fort Benning, according to the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, in Georgia. Calley told members of the Kiwanis Club of Greater Columbus on Wednesday that "there is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai." (AP Photo/Joe Holloway, Jr.)(AP)

Edwina's Secretary
08-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Recently someone said they had a negative opinion of politicians because the first they remembered was Richard Nixon.

Lt. William Calley and My Lai were my introduction to the military. Three years of house arrest for leading the killing of 500 old men, women and children.

And no one else involved was ever tried. This should read ever convicted.

I hope he has suffered every day. An apology is not enough. At least he has lived those daysand woke those mornings to suffer. Not so the 500 whose deaths he directed.

Catty1
08-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Posted by Edwina's Secretary:
And no one else involved was ever tried.

From the article:

Calley didn't deny taking part in the slayings on March 16, 1968, but insisted he was following orders from his superior, Capt. Ernest Medina — a notion Eckhardt, the former prosecutor, rejects.

Medina was also tried by a court-martial in 1971, and was acquitted of all charges.

When asked if he broke the law by obeying an unlawful order, the newspaper reported, Calley replied: "I believe that is true."

"If you are asking why I did not stand up to them when I was given the orders, I will have to say that I was a second lieutenant getting orders from my commander and I followed them — foolishly, I guess," Calley said.

Edwina's Secretary
08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Then edit my response to say "never convicted." Even worse - tried but not convicted.

Catty1
08-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Yup, I agree. Unless a subordinate would just run amok with no orders.:confused::(

lizbud
08-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Recently someone said they had a negative opinion of politicians because the first they remembered was Richard Nixon.

I think Vietnam was a eye opening event to a lot of people. The war was
"served up" at dinner time via TV. It quicking lost favor as folks saw the
bloody reality of war.:(

Calley & the others should be haunted by what they did. And the old "following orders" line doesn't work for them.The US didn't allow
the Nazi solders that defense either.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I have never understood. If a man responsible for murdering 500 old men, women and children in this country was given a sentence of three years house arrest the masses would be howling.

But at least it began to open peoples' eyes...

I find his statement at this point still self-serving and inadequate. He is bothered by what happened that day...he does not say he is bothered by what he did. "foolishly I guess"...still a weasel.

blue
08-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I think Vietnam was a eye opening event to a lot of people. The war was
"served up" at dinner time via TV. It quicking lost favor as folks saw the
bloody reality of war.

Calley & the others should be haunted by what they did. And the old "following orders" line doesn't work for them.The US didn't allow
the Nazi solders that defense either.

War wasnt served up on the radio or at the movies during the World Wars? Granted Im not old enough to even remeber the Viet Nam War, but didnt they have nightly news broadcasts and news reels at the movies during the WWs?

Wasnt it during Viet Nam that the nightly news stopped being objective and started injecting opinions?

I have never understood. If a man responsible for murdering 500 old men, women and children in this country was given a sentence of three years house arrest the masses would be howling.

But at least it began to open peoples' eyes...

I find his statement at this point still self-serving and inadequate. He is bothered by what happened that day...he does not say he is bothered by what he did. "foolishly I guess"...still a weasel.

I agree with you that he got off way too light, and that more then his CO should have been tried for CM.

However you seemed to have skipped over this,

"There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai, I feel remorse for the Vietnamese who were killed, for their families, for the American soldiers involved and their families. I am very sorry."

In case you dont understand the meaning of remorse.

re⋅morse
1. deep and painful regret for wrongdoing; compunction.
2. Obsolete. pity; compassion.

I find it funny that liberals, Not ES or Lizbud, think that child molesters can be rehabilitated, but dont think that a Viet Nam Vet can be bothered, feel remore, or be personally tortured for what they did in a horrific situation.

How sweet, my quote is in your sig. You still arent a cougar, and nothing you can ever say will change that. Ive seen your picture.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2009, 10:14 PM
I find it funny that liberals, Not ES or Grace, think that child molesters can be rehabilitated, but dont think that a Viet Nam Vet can be bothered, feel remore, or be personally tortured for what they did in a horrific situation.

You show me where anyone here has EVER said a child molester can be rehabilitated...and I will stop calling you a mindless, spineless twit.

I do not know how someone who murdered more people than Charles Manson can EVER show sufficient remorse.

Take your tasteless crap..."liberals think this ...liberals think that"...you don't know the meaning of the word "think" and put it where it and you belong! Because you do not get it.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
You still arent a cougar, and nothing you can ever say will change that. Ive seen your picture.

With not even the integrity to be insulting honestly....

What he does is type insults and color them white. Oh isn't he a clever boy?

blue
08-23-2009, 10:25 PM
You show me where anyone here has EVER said a child molester can be rehabilitated...and I will stop calling you a mindless, spineless twit.

I do not know how someone who murdered more people than Charles Manson can EVER show sufficient remorse.

Take your tasteless crap..."liberals think this ...liberals think that"...you don't know the meaning of the word "think" and put it where it and you belong! Because you do not get it.

No. I cant take your blinders off, you have to do that for yourself. If you truely think for yourself, why are you deffending "liberals"? I deliberately excluded you from being a liberal and you deliberately insult me.

I still agree, With You, that Lt. Calley got off way to lightly and that more should have a least gone through court martial proceedings.

With all the grief, attacks and insults Ive gotten on this board you call me Spineless?! Twit, go look in the mirror.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I can see why you were kicked out of the marines and banned from other boards.

Well earned...Spineless, mindless twit.

Since you obviously are not well acquainted with US history..."At long last...have you no decency?"

Was said to Joe McCarthy...to whom you bear a strong resemblance.

blue
08-23-2009, 10:30 PM
With not even the integrity to be insulting honestly....

What he does is type insults and color them white. Oh isn't he a clever boy?

I dont pretend to take the high road and never have, their are plenty of pretenders allready. Ill be sneaky and stick to the median, its a much more honest place to be.

blue
08-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I can see why you were kicked out of the marines and banned from other boards.

Well earned...Spineless, mindless twit.

Since you obviously are not well acquainted with US history..."At long last...have you no decency?"

Was said to Joe McCarthy...to whom you bear a strong resemblance.

I have an Honorable Discharge from the USMC. Both of my ankles are messed up, I have chronic bursitus in both hips and I get zero benifits for it. Well earned indeed.

Take your blinders off. The freedoms you have exist because people where willing to fight, kill and die.

With this thread Im begining to see why you and Liz dont respect those serving as well as those who have served.

ETA: Im sure ES will make her case for my resemblance to McCarthy, otherwise she is as usual talking out of her back side.

Karen
08-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Both of you, be nice. This is Pet Talk, no name-calling.

That anyone is feeling remorse publicly for the tragedy that was Mai Lai is indeed remarkable. I was a small child then, and didn't see much of the war coverage, but learned of it when I was older.

lizbud
08-24-2009, 10:39 AM
War wasnt served up on the radio or at the movies during the World Wars? Granted Im not old enough to even remeber the Viet Nam War, but didnt they have nightly news broadcasts and news reels at the movies during the WWs?

Vietnam was not a world war ,and yes they did show footage of WW2
at the movies.

Vietnam footage was shown on TV during nightly news. I saw it every
night.:( Check things out before you blabber on about stuff you know
nothing about.

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/V/htmlV/vietnamonte/vietnamonte.htm

http://australianinvolvementinvietnam.wikispaces.com/The+television+war

blue
08-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Vietnam was not a world war ,and yes they did show footage of WW2
at the movies.

Vietnam footage was shown on TV during nightly news. I saw it every
night.:( Check things out before you blabber on about stuff you know
nothing about.

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/V/htmlV/vietnamonte/vietnamonte.htm

http://australianinvolvementinvietnam.wikispaces.com/The+television+war

Go talk down to somebody else.

I do know that every chance the liberal media got, they shoved the most horrible news possible down the publics neck during the VNW. Anything good our soldiers did in VN took a back seat to the absolute worst. We cant get real news on the TV anymore because of newscasters injecting their opinions into the news during Viet Nam.

During the World Wars, newscasters reported the news. During Viet Nam newscasters decided what was news and it has gone downhill ever since.

I understand that the lefties had a First Amendment Right to spit on our soldiers, that doesnt make it right. The soldiers yall spit on, made that Right possible.

Edwina's Secretary
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Since we need to educate the uneducated...

Let's start with the conflict in Vietnam was not a war. A war needs to be declared as such by Congress. Which was never done.

Reporting of WWII was without bias? Oh please. Listen to Edward R. Murrow reporting from London and you will hear some of the best reporting ever to take place. Entirely biased...entirely partisan.

Whoever said it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and confirm it was talking to you blue!

Spitting on the military. Not me. But there were some bad guys who did some very bad things and never paid the price. They happen to wear a uniform.

The "media bias" has to be one of the biggest myths going. Was there censorship...you bet...can Americans handle the truth? I believe so. I believe the American public is intelligent enough - for the most part - to handle the truth -- good, bad or ugly. And make the decision accordingly.

And that is what happened with the Viet Nam Conflict. Once again...you "dont get it" (sic)

blue
08-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Since we need to educate the uneducated...

Let's start with the conflict in Vietnam was not a war. A war needs to be declared as such by Congress. Which was never done.

Reporting of WWII was without bias? Oh please. Listen to Edward R. Murrow reporting from London and you will hear some of the best reporting ever to take place. Entirely biased...entirely partisan.

Whoever said it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and confirm it was talking to you blue!

Spitting on the military. Not me. But there were some bad guys who did some very bad things and never paid the price. They happen to wear a uniform.

The "media bias" has to be one of the biggest myths going. Was there censorship...you bet...can Americans handle the truth? I believe so. I believe the American public is intelligent enough - for the most part - to handle the truth -- good, bad or ugly. And make the decision accordingly.

And that is what happened with the Viet Nam Conflict. Once again...you "dont get it" (sic)

I guess Karen didnt get the memo from you that personal attacks are now OK.

So multiple nations attacking another isnt a war now? Sending our Dogs out against another country isnt an act of war? Semantics, you can go lay down.

Its fool, not idiot. Fool, thanks for trying to drag me down to your level.

Have you read "Bias"? It was written by a well known liberal, a newscaster and commentator. I trust him more then you.

So now you feel guilt for spitting on our Troops, the same people who gave you that Right.

The media bias was the worst thing to happen to our Troops in modern times. At least in the World Wars America didnt spit on their Service members the way yall do.

Go join Liz and go talk down to somebody else.

Edwina's Secretary
08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I have an Honorable Discharge from the USMC. Both of my ankles are messed up, I have chronic bursitus in both hips and I get zero benifits for it. Well earned indeed.

So did all of these physical problems result from the four months you were in the Marines?

Was that before or after you threw a food tray at an officer?

You post this stuff....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

blue
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
So did all of these physical problems result from the four months you were in the Marines?

Was that before or after you threw a food tray at an officer?

You post this stuff....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for paying for my MRIs, bone scans, CT scan and the numerous X rays as a result of those 4 months. I thank every American tax payer for NMC SD, they did a fantastic job. Thanks for my food and clothing for those 4 months. Thanksgiving at MCRD SD sucks.

I actually got gut punched buy one of my DIs. I did box the ears of another recruit though, allmost got CMed for that. In the end it was a medical discharge I got, cant be a Marine if you cant run.

Speaking of Officers.

On the Mairne Corps Birthday 1995, the officer in charge of us broke d!cks in the medical platoon gave us a great honor. He played the Marines Hymn on his bag pipes while we sang. The officer, DIs, and most of us broke d!cks all had LES. He thanked us for the heart and pride we put into the hymn.

You cant help but spit on people who have decided the American dream is worth something.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for paying for my MRIs, bone scans, CT scan and the numerous X rays as a result of those 4 months.

You are very welcome. That is what decent Americans...heck just decent people... do for each other. We don't ask...did you get hurt because you are clumsy or inept? Did you get sick because you engage in unhealthy habits?

We just consider adequate healthcare something everyone should have access to.

But back on topic. Today's paper has lots in it about the release of the Lockerbie guy by the government of Scotland. I think it was wrong - especially letting him return to Libya and giving Kadaffi something to brag about.

He was responsible for the murder of 270 people and was sentenced to life in prison.

Calley was responsible for the death of 500 and was sentenced to 3 years of house arrest.

lizbud
08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Go talk down to somebody else.

I do know that every chance the liberal media got, they shoved the most horrible news possible down the publics neck during the VNW. Anything good our soldiers did in VN took a back seat to the absolute worst. We cant get real news on the TV anymore because of newscasters injecting their opinions into the news during Viet Nam.

You don't have to be embarrassed to admit you didn't know about
Vietnam. Just admit it or don't post anything as fact unless you can
back it up with facts.

LBJ said , when he lost support from Walter Cronkite, he knew he had
lost support of the people for this war. He was the first newscaster to
speak his honest feelings of what he saw & experienced while covering
the Vietnam war.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
ETA: Im sure ES will make her case for my resemblance to McCarthy, otherwise she is as usual talking out of her back side.

I didn't intend to ...but since you asked....

Here you can find out who Joe McCarthy was. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_McCarthy)

As for your resemblance...one example...someone posted about their admiration for a guy who introduced dancing to Michael Jackson music to a prison in the Phillipines. You jumped all over her for not appreciating what a great thing this guy did. That was of course, the exact opposite of what she said.

Never let the truth or facts get in the way of a good attack!

As for it not being a war unless Congress declares it...check the US Constitution for that one.

The Boys are working really hard on this tonight! What mindless drizzle can we expect???

blue
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
You are very welcome. That is what decent Americans...heck just decent people... do for each other. We don't ask...did you get hurt because you are clumsy or inept? Did you get sick because you engage in unhealthy habits?

Face it, you hate the military and those that join up to serve. Your constant insults of those who have served or joined are proof enough.

We just consider adequate healthcare something everyone should have access to.

This thread isnt about Healthcare. Dont we have enough of those allready with out you mucking up other threads with your guilt and hatered?

But back on topic. Today's paper has lots in it about the release of the Lockerbie guy by the government of Scotland. I think it was wrong - especially letting him return to Libya and giving Kadaffi something to brag about.

He was responsible for the murder of 270 people and was sentenced to life in prison.

Calley was responsible for the death of 500 and was sentenced to 3 years of house arrest.

This topic isnt about Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, and your paper sucks, he was released almost a week ago. The difference between the two is one has expressed guilt and remorse for what he did, and the other is treated as a hero. Guilt and remorse isnt enough for you though is it? You have to spit on him because he was in the military.

I allready agreed with you about Calley, more then once. Is that why you have been attacking and insulting me? Your ego cant take the fact that I agree with you on something?

You don't have to be embarrassed to admit you didn't know about
Vietnam. Just admit it or don't post anything as fact unless you can
back it up with facts.

Go lay down. You learned about Viet Nam from a media that hates our military, I learned about Viet Nam from our military.

LBJ said , when he lost support from Walter Cronkite, he knew he had
lost support of the people for this war. He was the first newscaster to
speak his honest feelings of what he saw & experienced while covering
the Vietnam war.

When Cronkite injected his opinion into the news he stopped being a newscaster.

I didn't intend to ...but since you asked....

Here you can find out who Joe McCarthy was. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_McCarthy)

Twit. I know who McCarthy is. The question wasnt who he was, but for you to expound on your comparison of him and I.

And since you didnt undersatand the word expound the last time I used it.

expound

1. to set forth or state in detail: to expound theories.[/QUOTE

[QUOTE]As for your resemblance...one example...someone posted about their admiration for a guy who introduced dancing to Michael Jackson music to a prison in the Phillipines. You jumped all over her for not appreciating what a great thing this guy did. That was of course, the exact opposite of what she said.

Perhaps you missed my apology for that. Of course you did, cant have that disrailing your argument.

Now, I know this may be hard for you, in 500 of your own words or less your comparison of me to McCarthy, or you are talking out you backside yet again.

Never let the truth or facts get in the way of a good attack!

If it works for Obama it also works for you. Got it.

As for it not being a war unless Congress declares it...check the US Constitution for that one.
The Boys are working really hard on this tonight! What mindless drizzle can we expect???

Yes Viet Nam was a conflict constitutionally, but what do you thing the VC saw it as?

Yes thoughtfullness and thinking, try it instead of your sycophantic drivel.

war
–noun 1. a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh Little Joe McCarthy...that is all the better you can do?

Let me guess...you have a paper right in your pocket...with the instances of ANYONE on PetTalk insulting soldiers!

Pitiful really!

But...very McCarthylike indeed! <<golf clap>>

blue
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh Little Joe McCarthy...that is all the better you can do?

Let me guess...you have a paper right in your pocket...with the instances of ANYONE on PetTalk insulting soldiers!

Pitiful really!

But...very McCarthylike indeed! <<golf clap>>

I dont need a piece of paper on who has insulted soldiers, this thread says it all.

Is Stalin one of your heros?

Again you cant back up the McCarthy comparison. All you have is spit and hate.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 10:17 PM
And what do you have blue?

Certainly not anything resembling truth.

blue
08-25-2009, 10:24 PM
And what do you have blue?

Certainly not anything resembling truth.

What do I need? Ive answered your questions and points. All you do is duck, and spin.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
What do I need?

Just a little bit of truth, honesty, integrity.

RICHARD
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I am still waiting for the day to hear Bruno Hauptmann apologize for the Lindbergh baby, What a story for Gen. Schwartzkopf to tell about the family?

And I am waiting for the gremlins to apologize for Amelia Earhart, the refs to apologize for the 72 Munich basketball game and for God to apologize for the dinosaurs.

----------------------------------

I have to laugh at the way people pick at the scabs of time, and when they get one big enough they pretend they got it out of the container of beef jerky at the 7-11 counter.

So are we still all effed up about a German nightclub? A Beruit Marine detachment? Some sailors on a ship named Cole? What about a innocent kid beheaded on the inter-web? A mess hall hit by a scud missile during the 1st GW? What about the C130 gunship shot down during the same fight, because they wanted to hang around and protect ground troops?

Grace has a wonderful idea posting the memorial thread about the soldiers- too bad the people who claim to "support the troops" don't get behind it.

Instead we are hashing over things from long ago and far away.

Yep, It comes down to the innocent people that are stuck between two warring factions. We can't forget them.

--------------------

So we are going to rehash a 40 year old crime and rub salt into that wound?

To borrow a "OchoCincoism"?

Adult please!

-----------------

Spitting on the military?

Please, what a effing hypocritical comment.

When the 2nd Gulf War was in full swing, people were posting that the U.S. were dropping napalm on innocent civilians and lamenting the fact that U.S. forces had killed ten zillion million people on the ground.

And never a retraction or 'Oops, I misspoke!" for posting info that they could never back up.

You are going to make a statement that YOU were waiting for an apology from a man who killed 22 people and was in charge of a group that killed almost 500?

The next time I sin or screw up I'll be sure to ask for your forgiveness.

As I told someone else....

This guy carried around the weight of 500 souls for forty years, I can barely get my crippled arse out of bed on one day, my soul is worth .5 souls-and you are going to toss his arse into the fire again?

I guess you only get compassion when you apologize and the people who didn't even know what their privates were good for back in 68 forgive you?

Lovely.:rolleyes:

Blue,
Don't worry about where you were during the VN conflict. Most of us were stupid teend and less- we had barely figured out that our private parts had a second use and we hadn't figured out that we could communicate by talking out of our rectums.

blue
08-25-2009, 10:35 PM
truth, honesty, integrity.

You should try them.

Your ego really cant handle the fact that I agreed with you can it?

Spit and hate is all you have. Truth, honesty, and integrity arent concrete concepts for you.

RICHARD
08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
You should try them.

Your ego really cant handle the fact that I agreed with you can it?

Spit and hate is all you have. Truth, honesty, and integrity arent concrete concepts for you.

You forgot Humility.

Otherwise, you can use it to baste your crow.:D

blue
08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Blue,
Don't worry about where you were during the VN conflict. Most of us were stupid teend and less- we had barely figured out that our private parts had a second use and we hadn't figured out that we could communicate by talking out of our rectums.

I was one year old when the Viet Nam War ended. It seems no matter how old people get from that era some still talk out of their rectums.

You forgot Humility.

You would think that since ES is a cat owner, she would understand Humility.

Pinot's Mom
08-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Be nice y'all! You can choose to disagree and still be civil!

blue
08-25-2009, 10:59 PM

Ive tried agreeing to disagree and I still get spit on.

RICHARD
08-25-2009, 11:04 PM

Civility is an attribute you learn, along with humility and the ability to put aside petty ideas and beliefs.

No one has asked anyone to jump thru hoops, light themselves on fire or sleep in a dirty diaper.

It's all a matter of believing you can walk on water or some such BS.

Haven't seen it yet and don't plan on seeing it in the future.

Until then?

I hope I am drunk enough to THINK that I saw someone do it!;)

lizbud
08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=blue;2182326] You learned about Viet Nam from a media that hates our military, I learned about Viet Nam from our military.

[/QUOTE

Wow, I can just picture it..........you sitting on the knee of your favorite
soldier, while he told you everything about the war he wasn't in.:D LOL.
Was that before or after the military ushered you out of service?

Edwina's Secretary
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
You are going to make a statement that YOU were waiting for an apology from a man who killed 22 people and was in charge of a group that killed almost 500?

The next time I sin or screw up I'll be sure to ask for your forgiveness.

As I told someone else....

This guy carried around the weight of 500 souls for forty years, I can barely get my crippled arse out of bed on one day, my soul is worth .5 souls-and you are going to toss his arse into the fire again?

RICHARD...I was not aware you needed forgiving for having killed 22 people and lead others to kill a total of 500?

He doesn't owe me anything. It was not me or anyone of my family he murdered.

But I am glad to hear you now believe in forgiving murderers after 40 years. Does that go for all mass murderers or just some?

So we are going to rehash a 40 year old crime and rub salt into that wound? Good to know you will not be talking about Ted Kennedy's 40 year old crime.

And btw...Calley's arse never did get tossed in the fire. That is the whole point. Three years of house confinement.

blue
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=blue;2182326] You learned about Viet Nam from a media that hates our military, I learned about Viet Nam from our military.

[/QUOT

You cant even use the quote function properly.

Wow, I can just picture it..........you sitting on the knee of your favorite
soldier, while he told you everything about the war he wasn't in.:D LOL.
Was that before or after the military ushered you out of service?

Ah the cheerleader chimes in. :rolleyes:

One thing you have to learn in boot is USA military history. No political BS, no slant from the media, just the raw facts. And they do test you on it.

So now you are insulting my friends, family, and my dentist who all volunteered to serve during Viet Nam, one of whom lost his leg. None of them will or can talk about some of the things done during VN.

By ushered, you mean get my ass out of there as quickly as possible before they became liable for financing my injuries.

And btw...Calley's arse never did get tossed in the fire. That is the whole point. Three years of house confinement.

I hate to once again agree with you, he got a slap on the wrist and others got away with an atrocity.

blue
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Today I was cleaning up my office. I came across a medal given to me by some Marines last July. It was in appreciation for a course I taught for the Department of Defense in Washington D.C. I was asked to do another at their training center outside of Boston this year but I could not work out the schedule.

Guess they didn't know of my spitting on soldiers etc. etc. etc. practice!

:D:D:rolleyes::D:D

:rolleyes: Like Kerry tossed his medals over the Whitehouse wall. Some Marines? Right.

blue
08-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Would you like their names? I can guarantee you they served more than four months!

I can name Marines too, what does that prove?

Nice edit. I can google, save pic, upload, and post pics too.

blue
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Oh I sorry blue...it is from the intelligence division...of course you wouldn't know anyone there!:D:D

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge

blue
08-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Up to the letter "D" are you? When do you think you will know the entire alphabet? N O

You made fun of the special needs kids in H S, didnt you?

blue
08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I have never made fun of anyone who did not earn it...by being a total jerk.

Why?

You seem like the type. By the type, the type that made fun of the special needs kids in H S.

blue
08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Nope...just the jerks!

Thats sad. I have never seen anybody call special needs kids, jerks.

RICHARD
08-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge

Dodge, TRUCK
Duck, Fowl
Dip, Green Onion
Dive, Front double and
Another Truck.

I just wanted to help you explain it. You know, like flash cards?:confused:;)

blue
08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh please. Ask R for help. He will give you something more clever than that...:rolleyes:

Look, Im not the one who mocked future Special Olympians. Heck, Im not the one who supports someone who mocked current Special Olympians.

blue
08-28-2009, 12:48 AM
OOOoooooo...who did?

:rolleyes: Nice delete previously.

blue
08-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh give it a rest blue. You are not a future or current Special Olympian.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for the compliment.

ETA: Im one accident away from being on the USA Murderball Team.

blue
08-28-2009, 12:58 AM
It is the least I can do for someone who keeps my photo so close at hand!:D

And you keep stalking my posts. I may need a restraining order.

RICHARD
08-28-2009, 01:18 AM
I really want to delete my posts on this thread.

I really get tired of about people who have no sense of humor, that are unable to separate politics from real life and so brash that they cannot, will not and never concede a point.

Winning is a matter of pride, but when you are so entrenched in the victory and do the post game jig on the grave of your 'victims'?

It just shows poor sportsmanship and character. And if -god forbid -someone beats you on a play, please save the mean spirited, nasty and buffonish comments for the post game - you got served and you lost that point, take it like a 'man' and try to STFU. Like my mom told me, La lengua castiga mas-the tongue curses you the most-your OWN tongue.

Sometimes yelling crap at midfield just shows your teammates, the oppostition and anyone watching from the sideline what poor sportsmanship really is.

It is all a game. When you take yourself way too seriously, no one will take you serious, Charlie Brown always showed up with a good heart on the football field. Then that biatch Lucy would pull the ball out from in front of him when he tried to kick it.

She never thought about playing on CB's side. Her evil little attitude just made me shake my head and wonder why she would sabatoge the game, her team, then try to Kill Charlie Brown by being a selfish, mean spirited twit.

The funny thing about the Peanuts Cartoons is that they characters never grew up.

God, how life imitates art.:rolleyes:

blue
08-28-2009, 01:25 AM
If I get my hat handed to me, I am happy to admit defeat, and I have done so on this forum.

blue
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
You know...ever since LH called me a twit...that sure has become a popular word!

Sometimes RICHARD...you have to do what you have to do! But I guess I don't understand. You did not start the thread. How will you delete it?

You and your friends tend to over use the word twit.

LH and I have butted heads but at least he seems reasonable.

RICHARD
08-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Lucy, take your ball and go home....

blue
08-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Sometimes RICHARD...I guess I don't understand.

blue
08-28-2009, 01:39 AM
You hear him blue....

Check post #66. KTHANXBY.

blue
08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Oh dear...there you go speaking in tongues again! :D:D

You are new to the interwebs arent you. ;)

blue
08-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Editing other people's post again I see! Is that how you got banned before?

I cant edit other peoples posts.

You, can delete yours however.

Thats six or seven deleted posts tonight for you?

RICHARD
08-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Te maltratan y no sabes quando ir te. No tienes verguenza?

blue
08-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Is that how you got banned before?

Try again.

blue
08-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I guess blue wants yu to stop using the word twit!

Wasnt aware you and RICHARD were friends.

blue
08-28-2009, 01:58 AM
So many things you don't know. In fact, RICHARD has been a guest in my home on two occasions....

Indeed.

blue
08-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Yes, indeed.

Nice edit. I PMed RICHARD about it.:)

blue
08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=98608

When all else fails link to a thread from '06?

blue
08-28-2009, 02:16 AM
You PM'ed R about something you think I edited. OOOOO KKKKK

Here's the other party.... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107121

Your link Fails on both my XP and Ubuntu computers. No pics!

ETA: Ill try the third comp.

blue
08-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Looks like you need some better equipment. Links work just fine on my Mac Book.

Tried, and retried it on a third machine, still no pics.

You do know that the current Mac OS build is off of a Unix build? 2 of my machines are running Ubuntu, a Unix build.

You Fail.

blue
08-28-2009, 02:35 AM
You PM'ed R about something you think I edited. OOOOO KKKKK

Not edited, DELETED.

lizbud
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Back to the original subject. I read a interesting article commenting on
My Lai vs Lockerbie. Two men who killed scores of people and the difference
in how they were judged by society.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090914/turse