PDA

View Full Version : Where's the cat?

RICHARD
08-21-2009, 12:50 PM
There is a cat hanging around my front patio.

I know he is there, I just can't find it.

For the last two days this kitty 'meeps' from the patio area and my patience is finally worn out........

I have looked for it and wonder if it's a new cat or one of the regular gang that comes to sit at the screen door. There are benches and a few places for a cat to hide on the porch, and some plants along the rail that could hide a kitteh or two.

MEEP.

MEEP.

I take my breaks about noon and pop on the tube and the floor fan. After a few minutes the cat starts to MEEP again. I turn down the sound on the tube, then listen. Yep, that is a cat.

I walk over to the front door and shut off the fan and listen, listen......

The cat gets scared away when I get to the door.:(

I turn everything back on and MEEP, THe cat is back again.:rolleyes:

I ignore it for the rest of my lunch, and it soon disappears, but I do keep an eye peeled for who may be at the door and crying!

This morning I did't feel like doing anything, so I opened up the house, turned on the fan and started to write.

MEEP. There it is again. I al a little more focused on the sound this morning and walk over to the door......MEEP.......

Listen, listen...

THE CAT IS IN THE HOUSE!!!! Standing next to me!

The 'cat' is the oscillating fan. when it gets to a certain place in it's sweep of the area, it starts to MEEP like a frigging cat.

I timed the MEEPS at 29 seconds, just enough time for me to get up and TURN OFF THE FAN while I stand at the door like an idiot and listen for a "cat" that does not exist!:rolleyes:

A little WD-40 should clear up the problem and now I don't have to get up and go looking for a cat that really does not exist!

I should have known it was all BS - When Ed hears kitties outstide, he has to run to investigate.

I wish I could be as relaxe as he is!;)

katladyd
08-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I know that sound! It could very well be mistaken for a feline visitor.:)

astrid
08-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh Richard!!! That was funny!!!
I've heard of people who "sees" pink elephants, but "hearing" a non-existing cat??... :o :p

(I went to the dentist today and you can imagine how terrible I was feeling... but you put a smile back in my face:D)

catmandu
08-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I hear meeping all the time Richard as no matter how much food I put out there, the bowls always seem to be empty!!!
When I go out there they are gone, but when I go in I hear gulping!!!
:love::love:
I have a smile on my face as we dont like hungry visitors!!
:love::love:

happylabs
08-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Too funny Richard! And, of course, the sound of the fan did not fool Ed. He is too smart for that! :p

katladyd
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
This just occured to me, Richard, is this the fan Edster loves so much?:D

RICHARD
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
This just occured to me, Richard, is this the fan Edster loves so much?:D

You know, it is.

Could it be that some of the Edster's chi has been absorbed by the fan?

Or

Is it some kind of weird "tranformer" thing that only happens in the twilight zone?

Please give me good news. :eek:;):D

katladyd
08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
There are some mysteries in this world we are not meant to understand. Quite often they have something to do with our cats!:)