PDA

View Full Version : Kari's (Finn's Mom) labor *update, she's here!*

AdoreMyDogs
08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I wanted to update you all about Kari's labor. She is doing very well, dialated to about 6cm and her water was just broken. Clara will be here soon! Lets all say a prayer for a safe delivery!

Karen
08-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Will do!

Catty1
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Prayers that all goes well!:)

prechrswife
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the update!

caseysmom
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Happy labor day Kari, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!! My virtual little Granddaughter is on her way!! Thinking of you both, Kari and David!!.....and Clara too, of course :)

Thanks Leslie!!

sirrahbed
08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
prayers said and thinking of new family! :D

gini
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you for the update. We are all so excited to see Clara.

Gentle thoughts and prayers for Kari!

AdoreMyDogs
08-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Clara Elizabeth was born via c-section at 5:11 PM, 7 pounds 15 ounces, 21 inches long. She's beautiful and the whole family is doing great. Good job mommy Kari!

ramanth
08-21-2009, 09:43 PM
:love: Great news!!

prechrswife
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the update!:D

carole
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Well done Kari, hope you are getting some rest now so you can enjoy wee Clara, cannot wait to see the pictures, take care and heal well. thinking of you and bubs.

Was Clara born on the 21st if so that is my girls birthday too.

Taz_Zoee
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Yay!! Congrats to the family!! :D :D

Karen
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the world, Clara! :) :love::love::love:

karyn674
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2181168" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>Karen</TD><TD class=alt1>Welcome to the world, Clara! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What a beautiful welcome Karen!!!

Congratulations to you Kari and all the family x x x x x

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Welcome Clara Elizabeth!!!:) Congrats Kari and David!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Congratulations!

Pembroke_Corgi
08-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see pictures. Welcome Clara!! :)

3Catcondo
08-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Congrats, glad baby and Mom are doing well!

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the World Clara !!- Congratulations Mom and Dad!!! :love: :love: :love:

This is fantastic, Kari and David and Crew !!! So glad to hear this wonderful news. Can't wait to see pictures. Clara, you've been born into a great family.:D

gini
08-22-2009, 12:24 PM
What an exciting announcement. Now we all have to be patient until the pictures arrive.

Clara - you have more Aunt's than you could ever count!:love::love::love:

Catty1
08-22-2009, 12:52 PM
WOOHOO!

Welcome, Clara!

Hope your Mom is feeling ok after the C-section. :):love::love:

You're worth every little thing it took to have you here as a new human! :D

AdoreMyDogs
08-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I saw a cell phone pic of Clara, she's PERFECT!!! :love: :love: Just absolutely perfect!!! Kari feels great and said she's coming home Monday afternoon. That will be nice to have extra help with Clara and prepared meals and snacks. That's the hard part about coming home, you need to take care of yourself and a new person. Hospital food isn't great, but it's better (in my opinion) then having to cook for yourself when you've got lots of other stuff going on. I can't wait to see more photos of her. I also hope to be able to meet her in person since Kari is only 2 or so hours away.

So that's my update for now. :)

cassiesmom
08-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Yay, congratulations Kari and welcome, Clara!

Sirrahsim
08-22-2009, 06:17 PM
yay congratulations!!:D

and WOW about getting to stay in the hospital until Monday afternoon:eek: I had two c-sections and both times they wanted me out as soon as humanly possible.:eek:

Cataholic
08-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Congrats! Welcome little one.

gemini9961
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Congrats Kari and David and welcome to the world little Clara!

Pinot's Mom
08-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Congratulations to Mom and Dad, and Welcome to little Clara!!

beeniesmom
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Congratulations! I just saw this thread! I was looking for news in the 2009 pregnancy thread! Hehehe!
Can't wait to see pictures!

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Congrats!!!:D I'm glad to hear that baby and mom are both doing well. I can't wait to see pictures of little Clara.:)

Sonia59
08-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Welcome Clara Elisabeth! And congratulations mom and dad! :)

ChrisH
08-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the world little Clara Elizabeth!! :D
And
Many http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/congratulations.gif Kari & David!! :D

lvpets2002
08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
:) I send so many Congrats as well..
Welcome to the world little Clara Elizabeth!! :D
And
Many http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/congratulations.gif Kari & David!! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Welcome to the world, little Clara Elizabeth!!:love:
You have no idea how loved you already are!:)

finn's mom
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Leslie, thank you so much for updating the family here! We are home, and David and Clara are napping! :) I'm going to be joining them very shortly. :) Clara is wonderful, she is already such an integral part of us that it's difficult remembering life without her! She has been introduced to Finn and Dudley (she is ok with being licked in the face, but not the feet!). :)

We labored from about 4:30 to 4:30 on Friday, and I dilated to nearly 9 cm and was having good, strong, regular contractions...but Clara absolutely would NOT shift into the pelvic region. With each contraction, she would shift down a little but then scoot right back up as soon as the contraction was over. That's why we ended up going the C-section route. I got my staples removed this morning before leaving the hospital and now all there is to do (in regards to healing) is rest and not overdo it. :)

Everything went well, and every single member of the hospital staff was phenomenal. I would never have imagined that my hospital stay could be so enjoyable. Amazing people!

Clara's doing really well, and has only lost about 6% of her weight (I guess the average is about 7 to 10% in the first few days). She is great at breastfeeding, and although I am a little sore, it has been so much easier than I expected! She absolutely HATES being diapered and changed, and does not have a newborn voice. She was crying like a big MAD girl within about five seconds of birth. ;)

I am going to include some photos from the big day. There will be more later!

Thank you all for the well wishes and the congratulations, it has been a joy reading through the thread!

Karen
08-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Yay, glad you are all home and things are going well! :)

finn's mom
08-24-2009, 03:01 PM
This is while we were laboring, unaware of the fact that she was going to be delivered via C-section...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DavidAndKariLabor.jpg

Healthy baby girl!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraWeight.jpg

Our first family photo.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FamilyPortrait.jpg

In the nursery...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraSmile.jpg

She is very funny with her tongue!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraTongue.jpg

All swaddled up and ready to go to the room to meet all her family!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons.jpg

Me and my girl, Clara...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraKariKiss.jpg

David and his little miss sunshine...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DavidAndClara.jpg

She has big feet, thanks to David! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DavidAndFootprints.jpg

Catty1
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I could swear she is SMILING in two of those photos! What a beautiful girl - seems to have her own personality already!:D

Congrats- and I hopw you get to heal and rest and get spoiled a bit. :) Do you have other family or friends to help out for a bit?

Pembroke_Corgi
08-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Clara is gorgeous!! Congratulations again! What a beautiful family you have. :)

beeniesmom
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh I am so happy for you! Congratulations! She is a doll!
I smiled when I saw your first family photo as mine is very much the same. :D
I'm happy Finn and Dudley love her too!
Get lots of rest and take it easy momma!

lizbud
08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Aww, Clara Elizabeth is a beautiful baby.:) I'm glad she's finally here
for you.:)

lvpets2002
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
:love: Awee just look at her.. Clara your such a Darling of Beauty.. Yes very healthy.. Congrats & Welcome to All..

Vermontcat
08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Congratulations on the new addition and Welcome to Clara Elizabeth!:D
The photos are great, she is such a little cutie pie.:)

Karen
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
She is beautiful! But we knew she would be! It is fun that she's showing her personality already - Paul commented on her waving her Queen (Clara) Elizabeth fist! ;)

Oh, and big feet means extra stability - it's a good thing! (So I have been told, my big sister is only five feet four inches tall but has size ten feet!)

AdoreMyDogs
08-24-2009, 10:16 PM
She's so beautiful, Kari :) Congrats again. It was so fun updating everyone! I'm glad you are feeling good and wish you and your family the best :)

Grace
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
She is beautiful - love the bow in her hair, and the smile on her face.

Congratulations!!

prechrswife
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
She is beautiful! Congratulations, again!:D

carole
08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Aww Kari she is a little doll isn't she, beautiful like her mother, i am so glad all went reasonably well, now you just heal up nicely and get some rest if possible, i know that is not going to be easy with little clara around, but when she sleeps hopefully you can too, thanks for sharing your gorgeous girl with us and take care love and hugs.

ChrisH
08-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Aww http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/wub.gif she is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing those lovely first pictures with us. :D

Killearn Kitties
08-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Many congratulations! :D Clara is absolutely gorgeous, and certainly looks like she would have a healthy set of lungs on her. ;)

finn's mom
08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you everyone! Clara's first night at home went really well. I was completely impressed with her. :) We all went to bed about 9pm, and I woke her up to feed her and change her twice (once at 11 and again at 3). We all woke up this morning at 7:30. Other than the times I woke her to feed her, she didn't budge. ;) I wonder how long she would have slept had I not bothered her!

Her first full morning was nice and stimulating, so she is down for a nap in the big girl crib! She's all swaddled up and snoozing away. I really didn't expect her to do so well in her crib, but she's a champ. It's a little more difficult to put her there than in the co-sleeper, but not bad. We've put her in it a couple times, and this is the first time she's stayed asleep for more than five or ten minutes (it's been nearly 40 minutes!).

She is wonderful and is so alert! She watches everything and even held her head up completely on her own for about ten seconds this morning. She's spectacular and so interesting to be around. We all love her so much already. What a jewel!

Anyway, I'm off to rest a little while she's resting. So far, so good!

gini
08-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Another miracle - right here on Pet Talk!

She is so beautiful - CONGRATULATIONS!

Alysser
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Congratulations, Kari! You're right, she is absolutely PERFECT :)

k9krazee
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Congrats to the new family!! She is absolutely adorable, and I love the little bow! I can't wait to see more pictures, and continue hearing Clara stories! :D

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm in tears looking at those pictures. She is a precious doll, Kari. What a beautiful family. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest. :)

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Awww, such a beautiful family. She is just adorable!! But I figured she would be. :)
Congrats and I hope you have many more good nights like last night. Oh, and more pictures won't hurt either. ;) :p Just kidding.

popcornbird
08-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh she is so beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the world Clara!

Kirsten
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
She's beautiful!!! :) You must be so happy! :)

Kirsten

finn's mom
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Here's another photo from the hospital. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons196.jpg

Karen
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Awww, completely precious! :) Give her a kiss from me, okay?

sparks19
08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
awww I just saw all this now.

she is beautiful

congratulations :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Awwwww......smoochies to Clara from me. Kari, is your Mom with you? I think I forgot to tell you.....you are going to be the most awesome Mom on the planet. You're such a unique and amazing person!!

K9karen
08-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Another miracle - right here on Pet Talk!

She is so beautiful - CONGRATULATIONS!

Yup! Yup!

Isn't Mommy Nature awesome?! Clara sounds amazing already! Many happy blessings on all of you!

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2009, 11:36 PM
She sure is adorable and she sounds like such a good baby.:) Hopefully this will continue.:)

Husky_mom
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
she´s incredibly cute.. and that bow pics.. awww... love her tongue pic.. lol.. congrats again...

finn's mom
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
My parents just left for South Carolina. :( My heart breaks a little every time I have to part ways with my mother. Today is no exception. It's nice to have Clara, because she will definitely keep me busy. As soon as we said goodbye to my parents, she had to have a diaper change. Life goes on!

Had another good night, although she did throw up all over me! She didn't seem to be fazed by it, but I think she just ate too much too quickly! About two seconds after I brought her up to be burped, she just unleashed fury! ;) Luckily I had nothing on, haha. It took me by surprise, there was no warning!

She has been sleeping in at least three hour blocks at night, which surprises me. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. It's almost time for brunch, so I must close for now. ;) Our little girl is five days old, and we will be going to see her pediatrician today at 2:30. I'm curious to see how much she weighs now. She left the hospital at about 7 lbs 7 oz. I am at 136 now (only 4 pounds more than I started!).

Little girl is dressed all in yellow today, Grandma picked her outfit for her. :)

I miss my mother so much already.

beeniesmom
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I know how you feel. :( I wish my mommy could have stayed longer too.
Life really does go on. Will you get to visit with your folks anytime soon?
I am already trying to get the paper work started to add little miss to my passport so I can bring her to Italy .... maybe for Christmas if the pediatrician gives me the green light.
Let us know how the Ped. visit goes. Hugs

Logan
08-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Many hugs to Clara and Kari from Auntie Logan in South Carolina. (((((Hugs))))) I'm so glad you're here, Clara, and I'm sorry I'm 5 days late in saying that. Little girls are something special and I know you two are going to have a wonderful time together. Congrats to Dad, too!!! :love:

sabies
08-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I just saw this since I'm not on as much anymore - congratulations! It sounds like she is sleeping well and you are adjusting to life with baby. Enjoy! My Stratton is a little over 3 months and I look at his newborn pics and he has already grown so much. The time really flies so capture these moments as best as you can.

finn's mom
08-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Clara went in for her first doctor's appointment today! She did great in the car there and back, but SCREAMED the entire time the nurse and doctor were looking at her. She's got mad vocals, haha. ;)

We seriously felt like a million bucks when we left the appointment. The nurse weighed her and she's almost back up to birth weight! She started at 7 lbs 15 oz on Friday, left the hospital at 7 lbs 7 oz on Monday and is already back up to 7 lbs 13 oz on Wednesday! 6 ounces gained in TWO DAYS. The nurse was impressed by the fact that I was a first time mom and not supplementing my breast milk. It was great to get confirmation that I'm producing what Clara needs.

The doctor was really surprised that she has no hint of yellow in her skin at all, as I guess typically babies show a little jaundice at this time. I was worried about that, as babies born to mothers with gestational diabetes are more likely to have jaundice within their first week. So, that was another relief for us.

He put her on her tummy and she showed off her upper body strength by scooting to a position with her arms under her chest and her head up! He was shocked when she did that! You could see the muscles in her shoulders, it was pretty cool.

Like I said, we left feeling awesome! She is in the 85th percentile for height and right in the middle for weight and head circumference. I'm just happy that she's healthy!

Right now, she's sleeping in the room with her tired Dad. I am tired, too, but a little wired as well, so I'm up for a few. I'll probably post a few new photos here in the next couple of days.

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
When my first one was born, my Mom was my savior. I hated to see her go home too. She was so comforting seeing as I didn't know anything about raising a child.:eek: Somehow, I managed to get through everything and both kids are still here today and doing great.;)

Kari, I can tell you're already doing an awesome job. You too Carmen!!!:)

Pembroke_Corgi
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Gosh, what a pretty baby you have! I'm glad things are going so well for you all. :) Sounds like Clara's first appointment went great! Is David staying home from work for a while? Eric got to take off 3 weeks, and it was a major help.

And, I know how you feel about your mom leaving- I feel the same way when my mom leaves!

finn's mom
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey, Jill! Yeah, the doctor's appointment was awesome, even though she screamed the whole time. We actually all got quite a kick out of it, and had to practically yell at each other. ;) we were so happy to hear that we are doing a good job with her and that she's healthy!

David took two weeks off, I think he goes back on the 8th (or that's his last day home). I'm going to miss having him around, and not just because he's such a big help. I just love having him home. But, he has been a huge help! I feel like I'll be pretty well off by the time he does have to go back to work, though, so as much as I'll miss my love and friend, I'll be ok to take care of Clara by myself.

moosmom
08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Congrats on your newest addition!!! Pictures please.;)

Karen
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Congrats on your newest addition!!! Pictures please.;)

Pssst - scroll up! Lots of pictures!

Although more are always welcome ....

kuhio98
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM
:D Sounds :D like Clara is happy and healthy.

Babies that are weak don't have the energy to break the sound barrier like your little darling. :)

I'm so happy for you guys. Get some rest while you can.

finn's mom
08-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Here are my parents with me and Clara on Wednesday.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons001.jpg

David and I with Clara.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons006.jpg

The Thinker. ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons023.jpg

This is her relaxed face. She looks mean, haha.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons040.jpg

Chillin' with her buddy, Finn. ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons060.jpg

Her first walk outside.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons068.jpg

One week birthday walk. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons079.jpg

beeniesmom
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Kari you are so beautiful in that last picture! You look so serene.
I love the picture with your mom and dad!
Clara's relaxed face is not mean mommy!!! She's a real beauty!

finn's mom
08-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks, Carmen! It was a wonderful morning, not too warm! I did feel very relaxed and I love that you see that in the photo!

Here's Clara from this evening! The light was really nice for these photos.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons001-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons002.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons005.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons006-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons007.jpg

Karen
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Awww, sleeping Clara! Sneak her a little kiss from me, okay?

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Awwwwwwwww, Kari, you have such a beautiful little daughter!!! Those last pics you posted are so heavenly:):love:, Clara looks like a little angel!!:love::love::love:

karyn674
08-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Hey Kari,

You look great and the little Clara is soooooo sweeeet!!!!

Give her a kiss from me and my best congratulations to both parents ;)

What a beautiful family you are now!

carole
08-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh my isn't she such a little doll,? thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post these, i really enjoy seeing your little girl and family, and Kari you look great, i cannot believe you had a C sect just over a week ago, tell me what was Clara' actual birthday?

Karen
08-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh my isn't she such a little doll,? thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post these, i really enjoy seeing your little girl and family, and Kari you look great, i cannot believe you had a C sect just over a week ago, tell me what was Clara' actual birthday?

I can answer that one - August 21st!

carole
08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
That is what i thought and was hoping, she was born on my daughter's birthday, a little leo just like my girl, be warned Kari they are very headstrong, but wonderful children lol.

K9karen
08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Leos rock. Period. One of my favorite signs. Clara is on the cusp of Virgo (love them too). Kari, you and Dave look terrific! You all look so relaxed and calm..like pros!!!! I love newborns 'cause they fit between your hand and elbow and I hate it that they grow up so fast! I LOVED the photos you took of Clara, and the one with Finn on his big red chair, next to Clara is priceless! Now we know what he was doing when you took his picture on another thread. He was Clara Watching. A very serious, important job you know!

finn's mom
08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! We aren't always that calm, but we haven't really gotten too frustrated, yet, either. I did have a couple nights where I had to put her down in her crib and leave the room for a minute or two. Not because I was mad, just emotional! We tweaked her feeding schedule on Wednesday, and I think that messed with her, so we are back to doing it the way we had been since day one, and last night was great, like the first nights were. I try not to let her nap for more than two hours at a time during the day so that she will sleep better at night, and last night was great because of it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it wasn't just a fluke! ;)

We took her to the zoo today. She slept mostly, but I did wake her up a couple times to nurse her. Today didn't even get in the 90s, so it was the perfect day. She never got too warm in her stroller, and the Fort Worth Zoo is almost completely under shade so the little blanket over the stroller was plenty to keep her skin safe! It was nice to go and walk around, and today's been my first virtually pain free day! I have felt great for the most part, but getting in and out of bed was still a little uncomfortable. And, today was the first day that it didn't hurt! YAY!

I met with my lactation consultant yesterday, and she has a scale there to weigh the babies. Clara weighed 8lbs 3oz with a diaper and a onesie on. So, she's gained another five ounces or so since Wednesday. I have Super Milk apparently. ;) At least I know I'm producing enough and she's eating enough!

My appointment is on Thursday and Clara's is on Friday, I'll be sure to update you all!

AdoreMyDogs
08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Kari she's so darling :) Again, congrats! You made a beautiful little person :) You're looking amazing! Hey, we plan on going to the Fort Worth Zoo again soon (we were there a couple weeks ago), maybe we could meet up there sometime?

Husky_mom
09-01-2009, 12:25 AM
a little leo just like my girl, be warned Kari they are very headstrong, but wonderful children lol.

oh yes we are...lol

Leos rock. Period.

amen to that.. hehe

Clara is so cute..I love the pic of you all together...and the evening ones.. really lighted ones.. so cute..

I could not help but whenever I saw m kid sleeping with is mouth open I sorta poked him as if a fly would fly inside.. nevermind me.. I´m just plain crazy.. but Clara pic reminded me of that

Catty1
09-01-2009, 10:52 AM
My late dad's birthday was also August 21st!

Leos DO rock (I'm on the cusp ;) ).

What a beautiful beautiful baby Clara is! Glad you are now free of owies! :love::)

anna_66
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Kari I don't know how I totally missed this thread...sorry:o

Congratulations! You have an absolutely angelic little girl there:)
The pictures are awesome. Just looking at how sweet she is almost makes me cry. Your one lucky lady!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Great pictures! Clara seems really alert already. Your family is beautiful!

lizbud
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Clara is a beautiful baby.:) I really like the picture of You, Hubby
and baby Clara. Great picture to treasure.:)

finn's mom
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Anna, it's ok! Better late than never! ;) And, you are right about me being a lucky lady, my family is amazing! :love:

Leslie, I'd LOVE to meet you at the zoo! Just say when!

And, Jill, she *is* very alert - when she's awake! She does sleep really well (last night she slept from 10:30 to 3:30!), but when she's awake, she is very aware and her eyes are wide open. She tries to follow things, but can't, yet. Her eyes will cross if she tries. ;)

Thanks again, everyone! Last night was the best night, yet. David and I slept really well, and Clara only woke up once at 3:30 and again at 7, neither of which took very long (20 - 25 mins apiece) and she went right back to sleep! Yay!

finn's mom
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I just adore my daughter. :love:

Flatcoatluver
09-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Congrats!! What a beautiful baby girl! I am so happy for you!

finn's mom
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
David took this last night when we went fishing. It's dark, and too blue, but I still like it. :) I can probably work on it in photoshop, but for now, this'll do!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/ClaraElizabethLemons020.jpg

AdoreMyDogs
09-06-2009, 08:25 AM
What a cute momma you are! I like that picture very much, Kari :)

luckies4me
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
She is beautiful! Congratulations! :)

Karen
09-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Kari, just had to tell you I saw an acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while, and she's due in December, and she has decided her baby girl will be named Clara, too! It's her grandmother's name, and her husband's mother's - or something like that, so if 20 years from now, your Clara meets another Clara I'd know her mom!

Randi
09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry for being so late, but...

A big CONGRATULAUTIONS to you and your husband! What a wonderful little girl Clara is. :love: She seems to thrive really well. :)

Please give her kisses from me too!