PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Sick

Tora Oni
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Well I suspect it hypothyroidism which is because of his increase in appetite and he does seem lighter. So I figure I might as well ask How much is the medication for that? I mean we are hoping to get the gel kind that I can rub in his ears if its affordable which in comparison to surgery or radiation treatment its good short term option. If hypothyroidism is the culprit mom seems to think its a UTI even though I haven't really noticed issues with his bladder but doesn't mean there isn't. I think I see if she looks for the thyroid issue first before UTI because he is was vomiting and lethargic, in addition to is appetite was rampant, he was even eating dog food which he never does. Now he isn't eating dry food and wet food isn't disappearing like it should, I was feeding him 1/2 and he left too much so I'm feeding him 1/3. I think maybe 1/4 in mourning and night which would equal a 1/2 which might get him to eat what he should be. These are friskies' can wet food I bought it at the end of the week before my paycheck came in then I got something a little better.

Just want to know how much the medication and any feed back. I'm getting Him in defiantly tomorrow, I gave him time to see if he was just suffering from allergies but right now I don't think he is in pain but he doesn't seem well.

Medusa
08-21-2009, 07:38 AM
My Boo was recently diagnosed as hyperthyroid, now he's hypo and off meds for the time being. However, the med itself is very inexpensive. I can look up the receipt, if you like, to give you an exact amount but I can recall that it isn't expensive at all. My vet, though, feels that the gel for inside the ear isn't very effective. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here; just telling you what he said. He told me that would be his last resort if a cat won't swallow the meds. Good luck w/Stormy and please keep us posted. This is such a tricky disease. :love:

Tora Oni
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I got him to the vets, he has some blisters in the back of his mouth, the blood panel came back looking good but we have not gotten the hypothyriod test back it will be back in 3 days and I hope he starts eating by then. He was dyhdrated so the put IV pack into his back never saw this before, the cat assorbs the fluids when needed, which its already disappeared. Anyways they gave him a injection to keep him from puking. I mean I'm relieved he isn't in pain, and it doesn't look that bad. Do you think maybe he will be able to handle chicken broth if I mad him some? He isn't eatting his wet food so I figure it might be too tough on his stomach, I know some people give chicken broth ice cudes to their dogs as treats.

Tora Oni
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
My Boo was recently diagnosed as hyperthyroid, now he's hypo and off meds for the time being. However, the med itself is very inexpensive. I can look up the receipt, if you like, to give you an exact amount but I can recall that it isn't expensive at all. My vet, though, feels that the gel for inside the ear isn't very effective. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here; just telling you what he said. He told me that would be his last resort if a cat won't swallow the meds. Good luck w/Stormy and please keep us posted. This is such a tricky disease. :love:

I hear its inexpensive, compare to the other options. Though knowing how much I can get for how much would be helpful. I think I could get him to eat it in pill form with wet food.

allmycats
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
how is Stormy doing now?