PDA

View Full Version : my baby turned 17 today...

carole
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes i can hardly believe it my youngest Melissa is now 17,she was fortunate to have a day off school today as well, so has enjoyed sleeping late, and has spent most of the day just chilling out playing guitar hero.

No party this year,just time with her family,makes a change i can say, however i guess next year we might have to spring for something a little special as it will be the big 18,adulthood here down under.

Anyhow just wanted to share.

Karen
08-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Congratulations, mom, and Happy Birthday, Melissa!

caseysmom
08-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Happy birthday Melissa! My Natalie is two months behind you.

Medusa
08-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Give your Melissa a Happy Birthday wish for me, carole, and tell her congrats, too. This is an exciting time in her life. :)

happylabs
08-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Wow...happy birthday and congrats to you mom. My "baby" girl will turn 20 in November! I love lazy days hanging out with her and watching movies. She makes me feel young again.

Will Melissa go to college next year? Mine is off to college for her second year next week. Time flies by so fast. I will be having empty nest syndrome all over again. :(

davidpizzica
08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Happy birthday wishes to you, Melissa! You share a birthday with my nephew Brian who will be 37 today! Sis, they grow up too fast, don't they?

carole
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone she had a good day, just nice and relaxing, she has a party to go to tonight, a belated one, her friend turned 20 a few weeks ago and is having his party tonight, so i guess it will be a bit like her's as well.

No she has one more year of high school left and then she has to decide whether to go to university, like your college, or technical institute or a private education establishment, which she might do as the other two don't seem to cater for what she wants to do, which is in the gaming area,she has not really made her decisions yet.,teachers college is still an idea but time will tell.