PDA

View Full Version : Her name was Tessa

AdoreMyDogs
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
My heart aches. I debated whether or not I should post this, but there is a very grieving family that needs lots of prayers so I decided to post this.

This sweet lady I worked with before I had Quinn named Julia gave us garbage bags full to the rim of baby clothes, as well as some other stuff we needed for Quinn before she was born. Julia thought she was done having children so she gave us all her baby stuff that she didn't need anymore, only to find out Julia became pregnant shortly after Quinn was born. I ended up giving a bunch of baby stuff back to Julia since Quinn had outgrown most of it anyway by the time the new baby was born. Julia and her husband had a little girl and named her Tessa. Tessa got out of the door into her backyard yesterday while the parents were not watching and slipped into thier pool. Julia found her daughter unconsious in the pool, she was rushed to the hospital, but it was too late. Tessa was pronounced dead in the hospital yesterday afternoon. She would have been 2 years old in October.

I am just sick. This should not have happened. Julia is a good person. No parent should go through this misery. I don't understand why it had to happen. It's just not fair and I'm so heartbroken for the family.

Please say a prayer for Julia and her family. Please pray for peace for the grief stricken family. They are good people.

Visitation is tomorrow (Friday) and the funeral is this Saturday. I can't attend the visitation as I am babysitting my sister-in-law's son, but I am able to attend Saturday's service. I don't want to go but I am going.

prechrswife
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
How tragic! I can't even comprehend something like that happening. I will certainly pray for Tessa's family.:(

kokopup
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
My prayers go out to the family of Tessa in this time of Grief. Unfortunately
this is a story that I have heard way to many times in my years.

Karen
08-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Tessa and her family, and your family will be in our prayers.

blue
08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Prayers and thoughts for the family and friends.

Alysser
08-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh gosh, I can only imagine the guilt..May little Tessa RIP and may her family heal. :love:

caseysmom
08-21-2009, 12:28 AM
How sad and tragic. RIP Tesse, I will say a prayer for you and those that love you.

chocolatepuppy
08-21-2009, 05:00 AM
How awful. :( Many prayers for Tessa's family.

joycenalex
08-21-2009, 06:16 AM
may her parents find peace.....how awful...

Medusa
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
This very thing happened to a business acquaintance of mine. Stick close to the family. They'll never be the same. I'm so sorry that this happened to little Tessa and her family. So sorry.

Taz_Zoee
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I also know a family this happened to. It broke the parents up (they blamed each other), but they eventually got back together and had another child.

Child funerals are very difficult. I've been to two for children I've had in day care.

RIP Tessa and my thoughts are with the family.

lvpets2002
08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
:( Yes this is so Sad.. Tessa was not able to even have a full filling life.. However God tells us things happen for a reason.. Yes we will be sending lots more Prayers for Tessa's Mom & Dad & Family from Texas.. RIP wittle adorable baby girl Tessa.. May you be in Heaven now with the Angels & God..

M&M's Mommy
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I'll be keeping Tessa's parents in my prayers..

Kirsten
08-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Terrible!! :( :( My heartfelt condolences to Tessa's family! I wonder how any parent could ever cope with such a loss!

Tessa and her family will be in my thoughts tonight!

R.I.P. baby Tessa!

Kirsten

ramanth
08-21-2009, 05:45 PM
RIP Tessa. :( :( My sincerest condolences to her family. :(

Cataholic
08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
How sad. Prayers to those that knew and loved Tessa.

lizbud
08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Terrible!! :( :( My heartfelt condolences to Tessa's family! I wonder how any parent could ever cope with such a loss!

Kirsten

I don't think I'd survive it.:(:(

I am so very sorry for this couple. God grant them some measure of peace
and comfort. RIP little Tessa.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2009, 07:00 AM
OMG :(:(:(
This is such a tragedy.....! Losing a child is the hardest possible thing to deal with:(. My parents lost their firstborn Christian in a similar accident (he fell in cooking water) when he was nearly 3 years old.
I wish Tessa's parents a lot of strength to deal with this tragedy!!

Dear little Tessa, you're an angel now!!

AdoreMyDogs
08-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I did not go to the funeral. I know it's selfish of me but I just couldn't. I actually had a nightmare about it. It was an open casket. I got a card and will send it. I feel terrible for not going, I feel guilty. It was selfish of me to not attend and show my support. I am just sickened about the whole thing.

The older brother who was maybe 7 is holding a lot of guilt. Aparentlly he was the one who left the back door unlocked. Mom was in the bathroom and dad was running errands. The older boy will never, ever recover and this just is not fair. This should not have happened. It's all completely unfair. Now a precious little boy is blaming himself for the death of his baby sister. It makes a bad situation even worse.

chocolatepuppy
08-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Leslie, please don't carry a lot of quilt about not going to the funeral. I went to the calling hours of a three month old years ago. A cousins child, died from crib death. It was awful, just awful, babies and children are not suppose to die.:( I have no children. You having little ones, it most likely would have been very hard on you. {hugs}

Catty1
08-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Leslie - it is not selfish...if you were going to be too upset to be supportive, and that is ALL RIGHT, it is best for you to stay home. You are grieving too. :love:

You are sending a card. I believe you will find ways to help as time goes by. Ask people very close to the family what they are needing right now, and see if there is something you can do there.

I pray dearly that the brother recovers and heals. If they are Christians by chance, then they know they are forgiven. This was an ACCIDENT...nothing more.

More hugs and prayers to you and to the family.

king2005
08-24-2009, 09:50 AM
That is so tragic :(

I do hope they comfort that little boy & try to engrave it into his head that it's not his fault. I also hope the parents will be ok too.

On an educational note.
Please teach your kids how to swim as soon as they start crawling. Yes babies can swim. My friend's parent's taught all their children to swim the second they could crawl. I helped with Matt's bath (I was prob 7yrs old) and Susan was teaching him to swim in the tub. It was funny to watch as he was doing a great job! But as I grew to understand things, she was preparing him encase of an accident as they had a large pool.

My father did the same thing, but for a slightly different reason. My mother cannot swim (water cannot touch her face & feet/butt cannot leave the bottom) & my dad feared that if we had an accident & went into a pool my mother would just stand there helpless (it happened) as she honestly can't do anything to help.

Please teach your children to swim. It can save their lives.