PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to go on a road trip....

caseysmom
08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I finally got to get out of town for a few days at least. I am now walking a little so we went to San Luis Obispo to go check out Cal Poly.

San Luis Obispo is a cute little beach town but just thinking about my baby moving away is so upsetting.:( She really wants to go to UC San Diego but I wanted to show her Cal Poly since it is so much closer.

I really wish Giselle was around!

Taz_Zoee
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I never got a response from her with my text message. So I just called her and she's alive!!! She's been busy but will try to check in soon. :) I told her to look for this thread.

caseysmom
08-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I never got a response from her with my text message. So I just called her and she's alive!!! She's been busy but will try to check in soon. :) I told her to look for this thread.

Oh good I have been worried about her and I want to find out where she decided to go to college.

Edwina's Secretary
08-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I finally got to get out of town for a few days at least. I am now walking a little so we went to San Luis Obispo to go check out Cal Poly.

San Luis Obispo is a cute little beach town but just thinking about my baby moving away is so upsetting.:( She really wants to go to UC San Diego but I wanted to show her Cal Poly since it is so much closer.

I really wish Giselle was around!

I agree..isn't it a cute town? Although not one of the best missions...;)

caseysmom
08-19-2009, 11:57 PM
We didn't do the mission or Hearst Castle, we did the University, shops and the beaches.

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I am really glad to hear you got to go on a road trip. You must have done a serious number on your foot. I know you had to have surgery and time to recover.
I'm still hoping mine finishes healing soon.:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
We didn't do the mission or Hearst Castle, we did the University, shops and the beaches.

My husband and I stopped there on a road trip for our anniversary last year. It seemed like a delightful town although we did not get enough time there.

Hearst Castle was incredible but would take a couple days to see properly. And the elephant seals on the beach!

Good you saved things to see when you visit your daughter at school!:D

caseysmom
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I am really glad to hear you got to go on a road trip. You must have done a serious number on your foot. I know you had to have surgery and time to recover.
I'm still hoping mine finishes healing soon.:confused:

I hope your recovery is faster than mine. I had an appt tonight and got the green light to walk without the boot, I am back to normal. I asked the doctor why I can't bend my big toe so he grabbed it and bent it:D My doc is pretty funny, he said the screws are not causing that you just haven't bent it for a while.

I get the screws out in a month.

Medusa
08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
My son took me there a few years ago and we did the Hearst Castle tour plus leisurely went through the town. I loved it but was so cold! And that's something for an Ohio girl to say. I just can't take dampness. Lovely place, though.

caseysmom
08-21-2009, 12:17 PM
My son took me there a few years ago and we did the Hearst Castle tour plus leisurely went through the town. I loved it but was so cold! And that's something for an Ohio girl to say. I just can't take dampness. Lovely place, though.

It was a great break from the 100 degree weather here in Sacramento. It was close to 80 during the day so it wasn't cold but the evenings were cool.

Daisy and Delilah
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I hope your recovery is faster than mine. I had an appt tonight and got the green light to walk without the boot, I am back to normal. I asked the doctor why I can't bend my big toe so he grabbed it and bent it:D My doc is pretty funny, he said the screws are not causing that you just haven't bent it for a while.

I get the screws out in a month.

OUCH !!

How bad did that hurt? Whoa!! My recovery should be fairly quick providing I stop walking on it so much.:(

caseysmom
08-21-2009, 03:24 PM
OUCH !!

How bad did that hurt? Whoa!! My recovery should be fairly quick providing I stop walking on it so much.:(

It hurt a bit:D He is funny, he sort of grabbed my foot and started bending it around, I was more scared than anything.