PDA

View Full Version : The gender guessing game

popcornbird
08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
We're looking forward to our 19 week ultrasound this coming Monday. I thought it would be fun if we could all guess the gender of our baby and see who turns out to be right...hoping our little one will cooperate! :D

So...let the guessing begin!

Will our child be a ....

BOY???

or a...

GIRL???

I myself am not so sure. I have dreams at night sometimes showing a boy and sometimes a girl! :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I'll bet boy!

popcornbird
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Funny thing is, I'm hesitant to vote myself. :o

carole
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
PCB i am going to go with a boy, only because everyone i know who has had babies this year have all had boys, so seems to be a year for boys,how exciting for you, let us know when you do.

finn's mom
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I voted boy, just because it would be cool, there seems to be way more girls! ;)

Taz_Zoee
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I said boy, since our most recent PT baby was a girl and our next one to arrive is also a girl. :)

catnapper
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Guessing Boy

prechrswife
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I voted boy. Malcom and Vince are outnumbered with all of these baby girls. :)

Karen
08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
As soon as I read your post, my brain said "boy," and I pictured a rosy-cheeked boy with sleek black hair. I know you will love Sprout, whichever gender baby turns out to be. Just maybe it was Popcorn the bird sending me vibes thinking "I wanna skin brother!" ;)

prechrswife
08-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Oops. Just realized I posted yesterday, but I didn't actually remember to vote in the poll.

Cookiebaker
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm gonna go with GIRL! :D

sirrahbed
08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
girl

lvpets2002
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
:) I am to say a Boy..

Cataholic
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
ACK! Something is wrong with the poll!

There isn't a TIEL selection! That is what I vote- TIEL!!!!

(okay, okay, I do secretly hope it is a BOY!)

k9krazee
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm guessing boy. I think we're due for a round of boy babies again.

Randi
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Pops, I'll really have to see a picture of YOU before I can guess! ;)

Anyway, I think it'll be a girl.

Hope you're doing fine! :love:

popcornbird
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh my, do we have a SHY little baby in there!!!

Yesterday was the ultrasound. It was AMAZING seeing how much our little one has grown since the last ultrasound at 10 weeks. I got emotional and cried when I saw the little hands and the tiny little toes and feet. Awww! Its so hard to believe there's a little human being growing inside me!

Anyway, our baby is super, duper shy. The ultrasound lasted for 45 minutes. The tech started with checking out the organs, bones, etc. Finally when it came time to check out the baby, little one was hiding EVERYTHING. She had to tap on my belly several times to get the baby to stop hugging the umbilical cord so she could actually see it. Baby was curled up in such a way that it was a challenge to find one of the arms and legs. Eventually, Little Baby gave in and let her see all of the limbs...EXCEPT for the secret.

Baby just didn't want us to know whether its a boy or a girl. I was beginning to get disappointed...thinking we're going to go home not knowing what we're having.

The tech told me to change sides so that she could try just once more, in the last 3 minutes of the exam. All of a sudden, she said, "BINGO!!!!! This child is definitely a BOY!!!!!!!!!!"

:D:D:D

We saw it too. He was clearly a little boy...a shy little boy who wanted to keep his secret for as long as he possibly could.

We are thrilled, and so thankful to God. I can't believe that in less than 5 months, we're going to be parents. :D

So I guess the majority of you were right. BOY it is. :D

Time to go shopping for blue clothes, blue blankets, and blue everything. :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
So I was right! ;):D Enjoy your blue shopping! A little boy Popcornbird!

beeniesmom
08-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Aww, congratulations! He was being shy at first wasn't he!

Pembroke_Corgi
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Yay, a boy! :love: Have fun shopping!! :)

popcornbird
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

I think I have finally started to feel my little boy kicking. I feel little taps inside...and it kinda feels funny. LOL. I can't get over how amazing human development is...Through the love between two people, God creates a third. I just find it so amazing.

Did anyone else feel a sudden urge to meet their little baby after the ultrasound? I don't know why, but ever since I found out the gender, I'm so excited to meet him, see what he looks like, hold him...its a strange feeling.

I still have 20 weeks left to go and am not even showing yet, so I better be patient, but the joy and excitement is truly starting to get 'real' now. We've been 'window shopping' for baby furniture, and it is just so much fun. I've decided that with outfits, anytime I find something cute, I'm going to grab it. I think its a little harder to find cute boy clothes than girl clothes, although I have seen several totally adorable ones. My mom has already bought some clothes, and refuses to show them to me until the big day. :D

Karen
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
It is definitely harder to find cute boy things than girl things, but it is possible! I knew it was a boy, glad now you know for sure! And buy some of the cute things in slightly larger sizes, babies grow so fast he won't be in "newborn" size long!

Popcorn and Muffin don't know there's gonna be competition in the chirping department! It'll be fun seeing how they react!