PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo! Last night of dial up!

Pinot's Mom
08-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Just a selfish little party -- last night of dial up, FiOs arrives tomorrow! As I sit here and, for the last 20 minutes, I've been "checking email" (waiting for it to load) - will I miss it???

You pick! :D Yes, I'll miss it - or, KICK IT TO THE CURB!!

Moesha
08-18-2009, 07:52 PM
I remember well the switch from dial-up to DSL. Congratulations! Enjoy!

aTailOf2Kitties
08-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I went from dial-up to DSL and on to cable internet. High-fives for high-speed!

chocolatepuppy
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
You'll never want to go back!:D

blue
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Do before and after speed tests!!!

Linky (http://speedtest.net/).

RICHARD
08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
You pick! :D Yes, I'll miss it - or, KICK IT TO THE CURB!!

Check it out.
We'll talk to you in two weeks?

LOL, when I changed over, my head spun so fast it broke the sound barrier.

I was glad when my old comp took a dump..Now, I can watch videos without scheduling my day around the activity-I secretly coveted cable/high speed access before I got on!!

Keep a bucket and an ice chest full of drinks and snacks near by....

You'll freak out and not want to move!:D

smokey the elder
08-19-2009, 07:49 AM
We went from dial up to cable about 6 years ago...what a stunning difference! I went from seeing pictures load at a rate one would time with a calendar to nearly instantly. That was the most dramatic effect.

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 09:02 AM
We went from dial up to cable about 6 years ago...what a stunning difference! I went from seeing pictures load at a rate one would time with a calendar to nearly instantly. That was the most dramatic effect.

We do EVERYTHING at a rate you'd time with a calendar! http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/2.gif

My husband just called me, though, and they're most of the way through the installation. Real speed by the time I get home!! http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

pomtzu
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Dial up??? Yikes - I can't even imagine having to go back to that. :eek: I think I'd probably just give up using a computer if I had to face that again. :p

Congrats Maggie - you're gonna' love it, and wonder how you ever managed without it! You'll probably find yourself going to bed at a much later hour than you're used to - at least until the "new" wears off! :D

Moesha
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
What's the verdict??? Are you kicking it to the curb?

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
What's the VERDICT?? It's at the curb - FiOS installed today - I'm loving it!!:D

Moesha
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Just wait until I get around to putting up the next puzzle. (Yes, I remember it is my turn. I just haven't had time to manage a puzzle for the last few weeks, but I'll get it up eventually!) You'll be guessing that "E" so quickly that none of the rest of us will have a chance!

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll be smokin'! :D

caseysmom
08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll be smokin'! :D

Congratulations!

catnapper
08-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I remember when we changed over. I got in on the free one month trial thing. My husband was SURE that it was a non-needed thing, that we'd never notice the difference... it was a ploy to get more money... etc. I told him that if he didn't notice the difference right away, we wouldn't even go a full week. That was 5 or 6 years ago. :p

Have fun tomorrow -- zooming around the world wide web

dukedogsmom
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Girl, I don't know how you did it this long! I'm on my cell now and it's still probably way faster than that. If I were you, I'd throw a huge party!