PDA

View Full Version : Wallace's brother?

IRescue452
08-16-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14147636

Meet Dudley. (Ignore the sugared-over lies they posted in his information section.) We think he may be the brother of my mother's dog Wallace. Wallace had a brother in the shelter when she adopted him 2 years ago.

I went and met Dudley yesterday since I was in Sheboygan. He's the friendliest, wiggliest dog ever. But I found out some bad news; my mother can't adopt him. She has two 8-year-old kids. [Sheboygan is the shelter who wanted to kill Wallace because at 4 months old he had nipped at the shelter officer who was trying to catch him (he was a stray) and didn't even break skin.] Apparently Dudley guards resources (big surprise) and scored a 6 on some scale for guarding, but they couldn't tell me whether he growled or bit at them when they tried to take stuff away because there was no additional note made by the evaluator. I tried my hardest to indicate that we had tons of experience with dogs and training and such, but they don't waiver. I'm afraid this dog is gonna spend life in a cage without getting a chance. All he needs is to be in a house with people to learn proper manners.

So now I've written to the rescue that originally pulled Wallace from the shelter to see if they take suggestions for dogs that need to be pulled. If not them, I'll write to a cocker rescue, though I don't think my mother will be able to adopt from them because they almost never adopt cockers out to homes with children because it seems everybody is prejudiced against cockers and giving them a chance. My best friend growing up was a cocker. If not them, I'm already thinking of ways I can get the shelter to adopt to me or my friend and get the dog out and to my mother. I'll pretend to give Autumn back to my mom and then my apartment manager will allow me to adopt Dudley...and then we make the switcharoo.