PDA

View Full Version : The Good.. the Bad.. and the Wiggly! *PICS*

Seravieve
08-15-2009, 11:59 PM
The Good: Well.. As some know, we got a new addition, Mia, two weeks ago. She had some potty issues but got along GREAT with Bunny and Eli. Well.. Miss Mia didnt have an OFF switch. She was 100% 24 hours a day. She was wearing B & E out at the same time!!

The Bad: We gave her back to her foster mom tonight... Who will (99% sure) become her permanent mommy. They understand each other.. and she's had Mia since she was a puppy. We felt AWFUL returning a dog... But felt it was what was fair for Mia... to be in the right home. (Side note... She's been adopted out 5 times prior to us... and every time she came back, the people said, Foster Mom, you need to keep her. She's YOUR dog... Finally it will happen!)

The Wiggly: Quick? Yes. But we had to. Rescued Boxers seem to go really quick around here... While debating what to do with Mia, we've been watching for new available dogs on petfinder.. J happened to call a local Humane Society office and they said they had a Boxer who'd be available this morning. She was to be spayed on Friday. Well J had to work today, so I went up alone to see her. She was perfect. Everything we like in a Boxer. Perfect forward facing ears, long -docked- tail, longer muzzle (like Eli, vs German-type snouts) and white on her nose! People surrendered her because they were having a baby.. ugh!! :rolleyes: Same story as Eli. Geez. And she's skin and bones.. poor thing. They wanted her enough to find a breeder.. Had her for a year... but couldn't remember that she needs to eat?! AND they have a 2nd dog?! Uhh... Huh.. Sure.

She just shook like a leaf in her Kennel at the HS.. and was somewhat nervous through the whole process but I knew as soon as she came into the little greeting room that she would be perfect. Once J came home and saw her, she agreed. She's a little ball of wiggles but she also settles down and is ok laying with me watching TV.

She needs some lessons on pottying outside... Two accidents so far.. but that's something we're going to try and fix quick! The HS wasn't sure how potty trained she was.. so now we know. Otherwise, So far so good. She was named Lily.. but I think we might change it to Tuscan, or Tuscany. I don't like 3 syllable names, but the -ee sounds nice.

Here's a few camera phone pics, will get better ones later!! I promise.

Sad in her Kennel:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Seravieve/Dogs/Lily1.jpg

Such a beautiful face!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Seravieve/Dogs/Lily2.jpg

The First toy she'd picked up while at the HS center... (A HS worker told me so.. )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Seravieve/Dogs/lily3.jpg

So I hope she works out here... although I really feel like she will already. I think Boxers are our type of breed. We seem to connect with them.. like we're on the same page.

[Just curious.. She was spayed yesterday, but her female parts are pretty swollen and a darker brown.. is that normal? A couple of her nipples are rather large as well.. I'm thinking she was in heat before being spayed maybe. Bunny had long been spayed when we got her so I have no experience with a recently spayed female.]

blue
08-16-2009, 01:37 AM
THats too bad Mia didnt work out for yall. It does sound good that she will stay with the lady who was fosterring her, so dont feel bad.

I cant see pics of the wiggly Lily.

I have no idea of the female bits after spaying, Verde was spayed by whoever dumped her.

Seravieve
08-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Replaced the pics.. maybe they'll work for you now.

And here's another from last night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Seravieve/Dogs/lily4.jpg

It really was sad that Mia didn't fit in. She was just too much for us really. I too am glad her foster mom will be keeping her. =)

blue
08-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I see the pics this morning. She does look like a big sweety.

Casper
08-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear Mia was not the right fit for your family, but its great to hear that Lily has found her way into your home so quickly. Hopefully she is a keeper! :) She sure is a pretty dog.

Welcome to PT, Lily (or Tuscany)!

k9krazee
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Aww, she's beautiful!!

I'm glad Mia can stay with her foster home, sounds like she needs a stable home.

dukedogsmom
08-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry to hear about Mia. It's a situation I've been in, myself. I'm so glad that Lily has a proper home now. There's nothing that gets my blood boiling like people giving up a family pet for a baby :mad: She's much better off with you. Give her lots of love from me.

Seravieve
08-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all the warm wishes. Lily's fitting in well here. She, Bunny and Eli play like crazy.. It's so interesting to watch them, because they really box.. Up on their hind legs and all.

She's still learning that 4leggers potty outside... and that she has to stay in the crate while we're gone. The first day or two in the crate was rough.. she did some chewing.. but yesterday went real well. We're feeding her in the crate, hoping that will help her get more comfortable with it.

Unfortunately she had to go to the vet yesterday.. She's been sneezing and reverse sneezing so much she couldnt catch her breath. They think she has the beginnings of Kennel cough. Ugh. So she's on antibiotics. Hopefully we caught it before the other two got it. No symptoms from them, but its only been a few days. They weighed her again, exactly 50 lbs, which is unbelievable to me.. she looks so small and frail. Hard to believe there's 50 lbs of dog there. lol.