PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness for brakes!

davidpizzica
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I was almost in another car accident. I had just left the flea market and was going down the road when some idiot decided to make a left turn right in front of me! I slammed on the brakes and skidded to within a foot and a half of him. He didn't stop or anything he just kept on going. I'm glad we didn't hit because I just had a new bumper cover and grille installed two weeks ago. It would have been interesting to explain THAT to the insurance company!

RICHARD
08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I was almost in another car accident. I had just left the flea market and was going down the road when some idiot decided to make a left turn right in front of me! I slammed on the brakes and skidded to within a foot and a half of him. He didn't stop or anything he just kept on going. I'm glad we didn't hit because I just had a new bumper cover and grille installed two weeks ago. It would have been interesting to explain THAT to the insurance company!

God is your co-pilot.:D:eek::)

Did you get that weird 'body flush' that happens after you have a close call?:eek:

davidpizzica
08-15-2009, 06:30 PM
RICHARD, I think I had that plus I fired off a few expletives his way, too! I'm hoping to keep the car together so it'll be in good shape when I turn the car in. It's a 2007 Chevy cobalt and I don't want it redesigned by accident!

Daisy and Delilah
08-15-2009, 06:32 PM
God is your co-pilot.:D:eek::)

Did you get that weird 'body flush' that happens after you have a close call?:eek:

For sure!! OMG, David. I am so sorry to hear this. You have had the worst luck with people on the road and none of them have been courteous. Thank God you're safe. The way people drive these days, I shudder to think what we would do without God as our co-pilot.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

davidpizzica
08-15-2009, 06:39 PM
For sure!! OMG, David. I am so sorry to hear this. You have had the worst luck with people on the road and none of them have been courteous. Thank God you're safe. The way people drive these days, I shudder to think what we would do without God as our co-pilot.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Terry, I think God was the PILOT on this adventure! Also, when I turn the car in, (it's a lease car) I won't have to worry about driving. There'll be plenty of transportation up there for me to use.