PDA

View Full Version : Your craziest look! (post pics)

Kirsten
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I've been getting a bit nostalgic lately and looked at my old photos, and BOY, I found the strangest things!! Guess my style was somewhat eccentric in the early 90's (and even more in the 80's, but unfortunately, I don't have any photos of my Gothic period! LOL).

Anyway, I will share some of the weirdest pics with you! :D My dress style and haircut still showed some Depeche Mode influence at that time, I'm afraid! LOL

Graduation 1991; I have to admit I had the most outstanding look of the entire class: :o

http://www.catmom.de/pix/weird1.jpg

1992, while I was working for the fiscal authorities:
(I actually went to work like that! :eek:)

http://www.catmom.de/pix/weird2.jpg http://www.catmom.de/pix/weird3.jpg

1993 in Cologne, on my way to a Depeche Mode concert:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/me9.jpg

Not so crazy, but funny: me and "Boy George" in London, 1991.

http://www.catmom.de/pix/weird4.jpg

Okay, now that I made a fool of myself, post your craziest looks! LOL

Kirsten

Barbara
08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Kirsten that is just as I imagined German fiscal authorities:D
I only was a hippie with flowers in my hair in the 70s, long flower skirts, no bra :o and no shoes- I even married in a long flowery dress and my first husband wore a white suit in Sergeant Pepper style and a light green shirt with white flowers.
I would have to scan that:D

On that 1993 picture you look like Julia Roberts.

Kirsten
08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Kirsten that is just as I imagined German fiscal authorities

LOL :D Yes, I was having a hell of a time while I was working there! Significantly, the first "Finanzamt" pic was taken during a Christmas party, and the second one on our way to a soccer match. Says a lot about how we spent our time there, so YES, all these rumors are true!! ;)

I only was a hippie with flowers in my hair in the 70s, long flower skirts, no bra and no shoes- I even married in a long flowery dress and my first husband wore a white suit in Sergeant Pepper style and a light green shirt with white flowers.
I would have to scan that

Oh, please, you just have to share this!! :D

On that 1993 picture you look like Julia Roberts.

Okay, I'll take that as a compliment, thanks - even though she never wore her hair that creepy, as far as I know! LOL

Kirsten

Alysser
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Kirsten, in all honesty, I think you look fine. You fit in with the times so it wasn't really crazy back then. Everyone had big hair, different looking clothes, and in my parents case HUGE glasses :D You didn't make a fool of yourself. I like the 1992 pics, I love your hair like that!

The craziest look...take your pick ;)
XXX

This is what my life consists of now-a-days LOL.

Taz_Zoee
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Alyssa, I knew you were going to post pix like that!! LOL :D

Kirsten, we graduated the same year. However, I wasn't in the same "clique" as you. I'll have to see if I can find some pix of me from way back when. :)
Although I did go to a Depeche Mode concert back then. hee hee

Kfamr
08-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I think you look amazing in all of those photos, Kirsten. I was just looking at them on facebook thinking the same thing.

I'm pretty sure my "look" right now is what most would consider my craziest. To me, it's pretty normal. I don't have any pictures of it currently, but just imagine dreadlocks, tattoos, septum piercing. I'm usually wearing a long skirt, some colorful shirt, and a vest.

phesina
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Kirsten, I think you're really pretty! You can pull off all these "looks." The photos are great.

K9karen
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Kirsten, I think you're really pretty! You can pull off all these "looks." The photos are great.

Yup! That's eggacxaly (:p) what I was gonna say! It was what it was back in the day, and Kirsten looks fantastic! Not everyone could look so natural.

I'll try and find some photos. Chances are I tore them up years later. I honetly tried to be the best hippie I could be. :rolleyes:

blue
08-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Kirsten, you only graduated a year ahead of me, provided we both graduated at the age of 18.

I dont think there are any pics of me when I had a mohawk, even though I had the mohawk for 5 years that was before the days of digi cams.

Kirsten
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks! :)

Alysser, that's too funny!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Kirsten, you only graduated a year ahead of me, provided we both graduated at the age of 18.

No, I was 26 already, went back to school in my mid twenties. :)

Although I did go to a Depeche Mode concert back then. hee hee

Wow, cool! Which year? And which tour? I saw them several times from 1987 till 1993. :)

I'm pretty sure my "look" right now is what most would consider my craziest. To me, it's pretty normal.

Yup, that's exactly the point. An idividual style is just an expression of your personality. If it's feels right and normal what you wear, it's the perfect look for you!

I'll try and find some photos. Chances are I tore them up years later. I honetly tried to be the best hippie I could be.

I'd love to see that!! :)

I dont think there are any pics of me when I had a mohawk, even though I had the mohawk for 5 years that was before the days of digi cams.

Same here!! I wish I had some pics of my Gothic period. But I didn't have much pics taken of me in the 80's, and the few that exist has a friend that I'm no longer seeing. Too bad!

Kirsten