PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Shower Thursday 329!

RICHARD
08-12-2009, 09:33 PM
There will be a pretty cool meteor shower going on for the next few days.

I was out last night but was kinda tired, long day and evening, so I did about 20 minutes then went to bed...

But, in order to honor the yearly meteorite shower?

Behold, the DOTD!

Space Odyssey

Ingredients:
1 shot Bacardi 151 proof rum or Myer's Rum
1 shot Malibu rum
1 shot Pineapple juice
Orange juice
dash Grenadine
Cherries
Mixing instructions:
Fill glass with ice and add shots of Bacardi and Malibu. Add splash of pineapple juice and top with orange juice. Add grenadine for color and garnish with cherries.

OR?

Up all night
Ingredients:
1 can Red Bull
1 shot Jägermeister
Mixing instructions:
Pour Red Bull into a Collins Glass. Pour a shot of Jägermeister into a shot glass. When ready to drink, drop the shot into the collins glass and drink.

Cinder & Smoke
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
But, in order to honor the yearly meteorite shower?

* Space Odyssey
or
* Up All Night

:cool:

After one or two - you'll be "seeing stars" ...
Just don't know how much your Stars will have to do with the Meteor Shower! :p

But hey - a Star's a Star, right?

PS: It'll look better if you step OUTside before you start
Ohhhhh'in and Awwww'in and pointin UP!

:D

Grace
08-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I want one of these - Space Odyssey - right now!!

I expect I will be looking up at the showers from a prone position after that http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/hic.gif

RICHARD
08-13-2009, 01:06 AM

After one or two - you'll be "seeing stars" ...
Just don't know how much your Stars will have to do with the Meteor Shower! :p

But hey - a Star's a Star, right?

PS: It'll look better if you step OUTside before you start
Ohhhhh'in and Awwww'in and pointin UP!

:D
You betcha!

One of each?:D

DONE!

Grace,

Space Odyssey for the lady!

DONE!

blue
08-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Nothing fancy for me. Martini, 3 olives. THanks barkeep.

RICHARD
08-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Nothing fancy for me. Martini, 3 olives. THanks barkeep.

Gotcha!

One martini, three olives and a meteor tonight!

DONE!

Hey,

Do you like the fancy olives? I have heard of cheese stuffed olives but have not really looked for them! They may be too dangerous to have in the house!

http://www.dibruno.com/Detail.bok?no=608

I can see myself standing in front of the fridge at 3 a.m., sticking my fingers in the jar!:D

blue
08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
The Tabasco olives are good but the jalapenoes or garlic stuffed ones are much better.

ETA: for $15 bucks I can pass on the BC stuffed olives.

RICHARD
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
The Tabasco olives are good but the jalapenoes or garlic stuffed ones are much better.

ETA: for $15 bucks I can pass on the BC stuffed olives.

Remember, they gotta pay some little old lady with itty bitty fingers to stuff them!:eek::D

Pinot's Mom
08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I'll take a Space Odyssey, Barkeep, thanks!

We'll be camping in the Poconos this weekend, so maybe we'll have few of those and see some odyssey in space. ;)

We're also going to see the Moody Blues, which tells you how old I am!! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/8.gif It's always a great show, though.

pomtzu
08-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Richard - with all the drink recipes you post here. I've come to the conclusion that you were/or still are, a bartender or a lush!!! Or maybe both!!!!! :p :D :eek:

just kidding of course

lvpets2002
08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
:p I think maybe Richard is or both..:D Yup I will take one of thems Space Odysseys.. Nope nope Orc you can not have a Up All Night.. Lets give Orc a small Space Odyssey due to he is already trying to catch some of the falling meteor.. MMmm whats we going to do with him..:rolleyes:
Richard - with all the drink recipes you post here. I've come to the conclusion that you were/or still are, a bartender or a lush!!! Or maybe both!!!!! :p :D :eek:

just kidding of course

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Saw a bit of the show last night. It wasn't very impressive though, and tonight's supposed to be very cloudy. I'll just take a Space Odessey instead please. A spot of Bowie on the jukebox?

gini
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh, a Space Odyssey - now you are talkin'

Oh Richard, will you prepare one for me - you lush - you barkeep - :D:D

catland
08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
of course, we've had our first rain and cloudy nights in a couple of months:rolleyes:

I'll have one of those DOTD's barkeep. It's supposed to be warm and sunny again by the weekend. :D

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2009, 02:25 PM

just kidding of course

Ellie: Richard is a wealth of all types of information. :D

What kind of cheese are they using to stuff those olives? How does the cheese stay in there and not leave the olive?:confused: I've had the jalapeno and the garlic ones. They're fantastic!!

Grace
08-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Okay, I've recovered from the first one - I'm up for another DOTD - Space Odyssey. With the juices and cherries it's got to be good for me - right :confused:

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Grace that must count for two of your five a day fruit and veg portions!
I'd better have another myself.

Grace
08-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Grace that must count for two of your five a day fruit and veg portions!
I'd better have another myself.

Absolutely!! Thanks for reminding me - I had not considered how really healthy these drinks are.

Richard, make sure you have enough supplies on hand - I'm going to need another 1.5 of these concoctions before I go to bed tonight!!

Lady'sOtherHuman
08-13-2009, 02:57 PM

We'll be camping in the Poconos this weekend, so maybe we'll have few of those and see some odyssey in space. ;)

We're also going to see the Moody Blues, which tells you how old I am!! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/8.gif It's always a great show, though.

Pinto's Mom,
I grew up listening to the Moody Blues, they're awesome! My dad has taken me to see them a few times. My daughter who's 8 heard Tuesday Afternoon on that visa commercial and now she wants to hear the whole song. I just have to find my cd. Where are they playing?

Richard can I have a Space Odyssey too please? I don't think I'll be seeing many meteors tonight because a big cloud just rolled in.

pomtzu
08-13-2009, 03:03 PM

I'm soooo jealous!! I love the Moody Blues - my favorite "group". Have a great time - I'm sure you will. :)

Ok - so I' telling my age too.........:eek:

cassiesmom
08-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll take a Space Odyssey, please ... and if you'll pass me that CD player, we can listen to the movie music while we're drinking them ...

KYS
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Count me in...
I went outside around 5:00 a.m. for 5 minutes and did not see anything.
I was once out camping up North years ago and I saw the most beautiful l display of shooting stars (meteor shower). That was a night to remember.

RICHARD
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM

I have to get back to work!

I had a wonderful day yesterday!

One SO and a weekend of nice weather? DONE!
Have a good concert!:D
DONE!

POM,

Lush? You know that word is one letter removed from "lust" and I do love me a good cocktail!

Bartender? Maybe!:D

LP,
Two SO's....I trust you to keep the Orc in line! I have to!

DONE!

KK,

That is the biggest chance you take with Mom Nature!

One SO and I'll get some glass cleaner and get that "spot of Bowie" off the juke box?

DONE!

I have seen DB about 10 times and he is always a great show and performer!

Gini,
One SO and you know that LUSH is one letter removed from the word SLUSH, which is the root of the word SLUSHIE.

I think I have run that joke into the ground, for now!:eek:

DONE!?!

CL,
What is going on in the NW? A few weeks ago you all were burning up!
A SO for the lady?

DONE!

D&D,

Do not mistake trivia for knowledge!:D

It's blue cheese and my mouth is watering.

Drink?

DONE!

Grace,
Yes, The juices and cherries are good for you, I think the alcohol makes it a draw.

I am making you and KK a pitcher. Wouldn't want either one of you to get sick!

DONE!

LOH,

One SO and thanks for making me smile-

I have a HUGE bugaboo about hearing my favorite bands/tunes turn up on a commercial. I don't care about the 'selling out' of a band-I just hate the editing.

I love it when kids start to pick up 'our' music. It really shows just how special 'our' music really is!

DONE!

POM,

Age is only a state of mind. The state of denial?;):D

CM,

A SO and a few quarter for the juke box!

DONE!

KYS,
I really hate it when I suggest something that should be fun and not everyone gets to enjoy it.:mad::(

One SO and better weather!

DONE!

Lady's Human
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I'll take several DOTD's please, space oddessys.

Just spent 3 hours on the phone talking with congresscritter's staffs.

I need a drink and a shower.

lvpets2002
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
:) No No Orc he did not mean for you to get out the Mega Blaster Water Gun for his shower.. Wesssshhh I think we stoped Orc just in time.. I need another SO for me only.. Orc cant have any more drinking for now:p..

Lady's Human
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
A mega blaster water gun might not be a bad idea.

It's finally summer here.

lvpets2002
08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
:) Yup on low pressure the Mega Blaster fells good.. Butt Orc gets a little carried away & turns in on full force high..
A mega blaster water gun might not be a bad idea.

It's finally summer here.

Lady's Human
08-14-2009, 11:21 AM
We could just soak the bartender......

lvpets2002
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
:p Ok I will tell Orc he can suprise Richard when he returns.. Now Orc just on Low you can turn on the Mega Blaster Water Gun to soak the bartender down.. :D
We could just soak the bartender......

Lady'sOtherHuman
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Orc, you can soak me down with the mega blaster. It's very hot here today. So hot I'm even letting the kids stay inside. It's one of those hot muggy days where you start to feel sick if you're out too long.:p

Richard, can I get another SO please. I'm going to need it to get through my daughter's birthday party tomorrow.

RICHARD
08-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Steel wool and bleach might make you feel cleaner?:(:eek:

And the Bees Turds could at least give you a toll free number to call?:mad:

Two double SOs?
DONE!

LP,
One for you and an umbrella?

DONE!

LOH,
One SO and a bucket full of patience!

DONE!

Yesterday was a strange day.

Warm here, over the hill it was muggy, then the smoke from the fire in Santa Barbara covered the sky. Eck, when I got home it was cold and muggy.

So, I slept wrapped in a blanket, then tossed it off, back on again....

Thanks for the shower, guys.

It is summer...Now, for it to stay that way!

lvpets2002
08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
:) Richard are you sure I need the towl.. Orc was suppose to drinch you too with the Mega Blaster..:D
:p Ok I will tell Orc he can suprise Richard when he returns.. Now Orc just on Low you can turn on the Mega Blaster Water Gun to soak the bartender down.. :D

RICHARD
08-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Who wants to share some potato salad and wieners with me?:D

Karen
08-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I'll take a little potato salad, and I'll share the weiner - okay, I'll give the whole thing to Lady, as long as her daddy isn't lookin'!

RICHARD
08-17-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll take a little potato salad, and I'll share the weiner - okay, I'll give the whole thing to Lady, as long as her daddy isn't lookin'!

Oops!
You'll have to have Tater salad only, for now.

I just dropped a weinie on the floor!

Clumsy me!

DONE!

Lady's Human
08-17-2009, 12:25 AM
It's a good thing it's calorie free virtual food.....

Someone's starting to look a tad round on the bottom. (Of course she DID have her own dish of ice cream at MJ's birthday party.....;))

RICHARD
08-17-2009, 12:30 AM
It's a good thing it's calorie free virtual food.....

Someone's starting to look a tad round on the bottom. (Of course she DID have her own dish of ice cream at MJ's birthday party.....;))

Ahem,
If you have a problem with gravity?

Please put your complaint in writing, hand it to the bartender and he will forward it to the proper department?;):D

Here's a drink.:p

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
08-17-2009, 07:44 AM
OK, I'm back, and right now I just need an IV of coffee! The camping was ... interesting, the Moody Blues show was WONDERFUL, the driving was construction filled :rolleyes:, then we got back just in time to empty out the truck, load it up again and go see Bonnie Raitt with Taj Mahal (Awesome!). We got in at one this morning and I'm at work - bleary eyed, but at work. http://bestsmileys.com/tired/1.gif

RICHARD
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
OK, I'm back, and right now I just need an IV of coffee! The camping was ... interesting, the Moody Blues show was WONDERFUL, the driving was construction filled :rolleyes:, then we got back just in time to empty out the truck, load it up again and go see Bonnie Raitt with Taj Mahal (Awesome!). We got in at one this morning and I'm at work - bleary eyed, but at work. http://bestsmileys.com/tired/1.gif

One coffee IV!

Good for you!

DONE!