PDA

View Full Version : Please meet...Toby! update post #8

Trinityagain
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Toby is going to become rescue number 24! Back in May we found a home for Fluffers, rescue number 23...a few weeks later a long haired black male cat started showing up..how do they know? Anyway, he is a major sweetheart. Has a squeaky little meow, loves to rub against and head bumpie you.....a friend is moving into an apt nearby at the end of this month in prep for starting school and he can have pets so Toby will be getting his own apt! And the best part is I will be able to visit! I called the local humane socitey this morning, they do a low cost neuter clinic so hopefully he will go for that on Sept 4. I will pick him up after the sirjury and take him straight to his new home...please keep your fingers crossed that Toby shows up for breakfast that morning!

tomorrow is the big day! he gets taken to the humane society for his sirjury at 8:30 and I pick him back up at 4:30. I didn't want to drive back and forth so I am spending the day with a friend who lives close. She is taking me kayaking! Please think happy thoughts that (1) he shows up for breakfast or the whole plan goes to heck in a handbasket and (2) the sirjury goes well...

katladyd
08-12-2009, 01:48 PM
He looks a lot like Tubster Panther! Absolutely stunning!

catmandu
08-12-2009, 03:26 PM
He certainly does resemble Tubster Panther , My Black Giant!
Ebony Beau Tubster and his Grandfather Tubby 2 will be there with extra nice treats for Toby , and will let Toby know about the Fine Furrever Home that he is going to!!
We pray that eveyrthing gies smoothly that Friday Morning.
:love::love:

lvpets2002
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
:love: Awee this baby is just a Sweetie Cutie Pie.. Congrats

kitten645
08-13-2009, 09:44 AM
What a sweet blackie. Prayers going out for his bright future.
Claudia

smokey the elder
08-13-2009, 09:47 AM
He looks like my Bubba! Same bearlike pose, yellow eyes and white hairs in his coat.

Pinot's Mom
08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Awww, Toby, welcome for breakfast and a new life, sweetie!:)

Trinityagain
09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Yahoo! It worked! He showed up bright and early last Friday. Hubby had him in the carrier and ready to go before I even got out of the shower. We put the carrier outside our back sliding door and opened it so he could hear/see me, put a blanket over it as it was rahter chilly in PA last week at 5 in the mornig. He was fairly calm, didn;t freak out or anything. Got him to the humane society and picked him up that afternoon. He was telling me in no uncertain terms when I picked him up just how displeased he was with the whole thing but I put him in the car to drive back and he didn't make a sound all the way to his new home, about 20 minutes away. The person who is taking him in is a friend from high school that just moved into the area. He went shopping and bought toys and a scrathing post type of thing and treats...I think it'll be a good match up. Toby needs love and friendship and warmth and I think I can depend on this friend to give it to him....and I told Toby that I was only 5 minutes away if he needed anything...he just had to figure out how to dial the phone:cool:

And we had something really awesome happen Saturday morning. Our 5 year "stray" Bubs had disappeared almost 2 weeks ago. Toby liked to beat him up so Bubs probably left to get away from him. Well he came back Saturday morning! How he knew it was safe to come back I don't know, nor do I care. I was just happy to see him all healed up from the last beating he took....he is back to living in our garage and eating regularly....Toby makes rescue number 24! Small potatoes compared to some on PT but I'm tryin'!

catmandu
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
24 Saved Cats is an amazing accomplishment , and something to be very proud of!!!
:love::love::love:'Thats 24 Little Creatures of Our Loving Lord God Above who have second chances Thanks To YOU!!!
:love::love::love:
And when You are at St Peters Gate you will have 24 Little Spokes Cats teling what a Great Purrson you are , and you will walk into Paradise to a Chorus Of Meeeows from Your Cats and Saved Cats.
Please keep up The Good Work.
:love::love::love::love:

Trinityagain
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Gary...and I know I'll be in good company too with all of the PTers, yourself included, who have made life just a little easier for so many of the furr kids.....

phesina
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Welcome home, Toby!

And congratulations and thank you to your new family!

cassiesmom
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
The person who is taking him in is a friend from high school that just moved into the area. He went shopping and bought toys and a scratching post type of thing and treats...I think it'll be a good match up. Toby needs love and friendship and warmth and I think I can depend on this friend to give it to him....and I told Toby that I was only 5 minutes away if he needed anything...he just had to figure out how to dial the phone:cool:!

He DOES look like Tubster Panther! How fun that his dad-to-be went shopping for kitty toys and treats! Best wishes to you in your new home, precious Toby!

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Trinityagain-thank you! You're doing a wonderful thing!!:)

blue
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
I gotta agree that 24 is a great accomplishment.

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D You should be very proud of yourself for rescuing 24 cats. Congrats!!!:) I hope that everything will work out now for Toby in his new home.:)