PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Andie
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Posted this under Dog Rescue also but wanted to make sure as many saw as possible.

Reposted from my friend Carly's Facebook page. If anyone can help, please let me know and I will pass on any info.

I'm reposting this note from Ryan about the dog he found and is looking to rehome. Please check it out and pass it along!

Today I found a dog.

He was tied to an old truck container; the kind of truck container that you hook up to an 18-wheeler and transport things in. But this old truck container was just sitting in an abandoned lot with a cute little dog tied to it.

What could I do? I couldn't, in good conscience, leave the poor little guy there. He was deathly afraid and skittish as all get out. So I brought him some food: 64 ounces of dog food, and six hotdogs. He ate it all. This little dog clearly hadn't eaten in days. Which meant that he had to have weathered the stupid rainstorms yesterday, and probably some unbearable heat without any water before that.

I had to save him.

We named him Muhammad (or The Prophet MoMo for short). He's short and cute, and he's not a very fluffy guy. He's a mixed breed, so he's less likely to have temperament issues; he hasn't barked yet, and he doesn't even seem skittish anymore, after just an hour or two of taking care of him. Justin and I have bathed him and took him on a walk, and he's perfectly content just sitting on my floor. He's the kind of dog that I would love to have if I was in a place in my life where I could have a dog.

But here's the thing: I'm not. I have very little time to take care of a furperson, even one who's so low maintenance, and I'm slightly allergic to dogs. I can't live in my apartment and still have room for the little guy.