PDA

View Full Version : This week's ED-Venture! Or

RICHARD
08-11-2009, 04:19 PM
GOD! Rest Ye, Merry Gentle Man!

Or

Christmas In August?

The weather has been warm lately- not maddeningly so, but warm enough to make the 'house' look for cool areas to hang out.

For the last two days, Ed has disappeared from morning until early afteroon, appearing for food, water and a good number 1 and 2..

LOLOLOL, Speaking of the devil!

He just woke up and walked into the room!

I looked around the house for him, again employing the tried and true 'grid' method of tracking him down. When that fails, I go and check all the screens on the windows- that passes muster, so, I really don't panic.

I know he is in the house....someplace.

I found out where he has been hanging out thanks to Christmas Music.

Yes, Christmas Music!

------------------------

I was a little worried about where Ed was hiding out, I knew he was in the house, but not really sure of where he was.

It wasn't until I was taking some quiet time and heard a Christmas Carol dinging it's way thru the silent midday air.

The Christmas Carol Concert has been going on for about a week already.

It happens about 11 a.m., goes on for a moment, stops, then repeats for another round of wintery music! I thought it was the kids next door playing with some kind of out-of-season electric toys!

Nope!

I went into the b-room a few days ago when the music started-Another mind bender when you are in a house, by yourself, and pretty vulnerable.

It only happens in horror movies, You are on the pot doing business when the the "Killer's theme song" begins and you begin to panic. But, I digress?

I maintain my 'cool' long enough to identify the tune, verify that it's neither the kid's next door or the Ice Cream Truck!!!!

I finish, then go look and find two things I didn't know before!

The first?

The Christmas Carol emanates from a box, in the sunshine, in the bedroom.

The sun, when it hits the cardboard box, warms up the Christmas carol-ing statue and turns loose a medley of tunes that, while festive on their own, are a little out of place this time of year!

I then look down and see that my friend has taken up a spot on the leather chair in the room, oblivious to all seasonal and temperate happenings in the area.

I don't mind, now that I know where he is, But I have to remember to add that place into the "Cat owner's guide to Lost Kittehs" manual.

Now that I know what is going on, I don't have a problem with Christmas In August or another Ed-venture.

I do wonder where the next episode will take me!
:rolleyes::D

Laura's Babies
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow! Quite the detective you have turned into, solved to mysteries in one swoop. GOOD JOB RICHARD! Christmas music in August hummm? I would have freaked out too, especially if it were coming from within my house...

catmandu
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Perhaps Your Edster is trying to put you in that Cat Mas Frame of mind Rchard and is letting you know that a few cases if Deluxe Cat treats wont be so appreciated!!!:cool::cool::cool:
And maybe a Lady Cat to share his life with , as Edster is getting older , and after all Cats are better in pairs!!!
:love::love::love:

RICHARD
08-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I got another 'serenade' today and more of the "Dad, I have a new sleeping spot, leave me alone!:D

cassiesmom
08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe the cat angels started up the Christmas music to let you know exactly where to look? Edster, were you hiding in plain sight? Cassie is good at that.