PDA

View Full Version : Digi Update

king2005
08-11-2009, 10:44 AM
She's still around, she's doing fantastic & has actually grown!! :eek:

In case you don't remember what happened to her, I have a detailed blog (http://digi-king.blogspot.com/) about those 2 weeks of pure hell.

I haven't had her in to be weighed since March, but I don't need a scale to tell me shes becoming a little Tubby McTub-Tubs :D Ok shes not fat & not even close to being over weight, but OMG she's not a living skeleton for once!!!

The vet is positive her allergies have been the real cause to her being underweight, not eating much, & simply not growing much.

I've been making her dog food since March & it has been a lot of fun & stupid easy to do! It's different every time I make a batch, so I try to make 2-3 batches at once so I can mix them up. Since I use cooked & raw ingredients I can expand on the variety. No 2 containers are the same as I refuse to measure anything, so it always a little different. Digi just LOVES IT!

She get 3 containers/day. 1 Meat +tofu + egg shell, 1 veggie, & 1 rice (some contain a raw egg). She usually pushes all the meat off to the side & eats the veggies first hehe silly girl.

She's spoiled rotten & has 1 heck of an appetite!! However I spend maybe 30$/month to feed her & all of it raw ingredients from the grocery store! I find it's cheaper to get non butchered (chicken/fish) & fresh veggies in bulk.

I try to play tug of war with her daily to help keep her teeth clean, as they well... are yellow already :( We're limited as to what can be done, so I'm doing my best in that department.

Shes become a VERY attractive dog! We cannot go downtown Toronto without a swarm of people wanting to pet her.. A walk that should take me 20 mins, typically takes me an hour :eek: But Digi loves the attention & it's hard to peel her off of people that are giving her kisses & full body rubs hehehe Silly girl

Here are some of her latest photos that I have on my gallery.
http://kingrattus.net/gallery/v/Pets/Digi/2009/May+2009/

Karen
08-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear she is doing so well. Thanks for the update! They do make toothpaste for dogs, and you can get a little finger brush - that could help her toofies!

king2005
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear she is doing so well. Thanks for the update! They do make toothpaste for dogs, and you can get a little finger brush - that could help her toofies!

She can't have that, cause it's prob not Digi safe :(

ChrisH
08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh, Jess, that is such good news! Many kudos to you for all you've done/are doing to keep her healthy and happy.

Thanks for the link to the lovely pictures. Such a gorgeous girl she is. Please give her a hug and kiss from me.

king2005
08-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh, Jess, that is such good news! Many kudos to you for all you've done/are doing to keep her healthy and happy.

Thanks for the link to the lovely pictures. Such a gorgeous girl she is. Please give her a hug and kiss from me.

Thank you :)
I'll deliver the hugs n kisses tonight :D

Now, if I could only trust her to be alone in the house while I'm at work.. Rotten little bugger has trashed the place the last 3 times I've let her free :mad::mad::mad:

The last time she found Taco spice in my closet (I have NO idea it was in there).. well lets just say, that when I got home the place smelled like Tacos :rolleyes:

Karen
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
You can brush her teeth with a paste made from simple baking soda and water - that won't hurt her, and will help her teeth.

Taz_Zoee
08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Gosh I just love this girl!!! She has grown so much! But just as cute as ever! :D
I sat here at work (when I've been gone for 11 days and should be working) to look at all her beautiful photos. :) Thanks for sharing them. And thanks for taking such good care of this little girl. :) She is lucky to have you as you are to have her.

Daisy and Delilah
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm glad she's doing so well. She is so pretty. Great job!!!:)

K9karen
08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Jess for making my heart go pitty-patter with the lovely Digi photos! And you're looking pretty good yourself! I can't even decide which shot I love the best! That little girl is absolutely gorgeous! She has a very expressive face and I love her fur! When you deliver hugs and kisses, add a neck nuzzle and kiss from me! I couldn't be happier that she's doing so well. As an after thought, Digi looks a lot like my niece's parents dog. She has terrible allergies too, poor dear. The ears and fur are identical.

cassiesmom
08-13-2009, 06:50 PM
To - Digi
From - Your fan, Elyse
HUGS and KISSES! You are beautiful!

king2005
08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, didn't get any notifications.

Thanks everyone :D

Digi is my special little girl & I've given up a lot for her. In 2 weekends my friend & I have plans to take her & her lab swimming. Digi has a lifevest to help in swimming. I fear becuase shes so think & has no body fat too keep warm that she'll cramp & then will drown. I know I worry to much, but Digi means the world to me & I feel obligated to take that extra step in keeping her safe as she is a little different then the average dog & it is too easy for her to get hurt.

Her life vest has a handle on it so I plan to attach a 100ft leash to it so she can romp around. We're hoping with Stitch (the choco lab) being there, he'll show her that swimming is fun & easy to do :)

Her first swimming exp didn't go well as I didn't plan it & she could have drowned if she didn't surface (I couldn't see her). But she is fine with bath time & loves her bubble baths with me so I think she'll be ok. I'll prob carry her out to show her that it's safe & fun (she'll follow me anywhere).

I'll make sure to take plenty of pics :)
ps she looks soooooo cute in the green lifevest ;)

lvpets2002
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
:love: Well go glad to hear Digi is doing Great.. Thanks for the update.. Poor girl has had her share of illnessess..

king2005
08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
:love: Well go glad to hear Digi is doing Great.. Thanks for the update.. Poor girl has had her share of illnessess..

Doesn't my bank account know it :p
But she was worth every penny :love:

Daisy and Delilah
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I hope Digi has a great time swimming and comes out with a big happy smile on her little face. Worrying about her so much is just normal for being such a great doggie Mom. We can't help but worry about our kids.:)