PDA

View Full Version : It's been......... Years, and I've found this place again:)

elminster20
08-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello all,
Some of you MIGHT remember me, although it's been years. I have a dark coloured tortoiseshell named Goomba? Yes, no?
Anyway, life for the past year and a half has been good, finally settled down, and have added a second cat to the family. Derby is 4 now, has been here for a year, and is a fat orange blob.
The fun part is trying to find a decent food to help Derby LOSE weight and to help Goomba GAIN weight. Ugh..:)

Laura's Babies
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't remember you but that's OK (I have a hard time remembering names and always have).. Welcome back! There always room for one more and especially pictures and stories of your babies.

How do you keep one on a diet while getting another to gain? That sounds like a tricky situation to be in.

elminster20
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
I have NO idea how to manage that. A friend told me about a cat food that's supposed to allow a fat cat to lose and a thin cat to gain but....... That kind of sounds like a myth to me. If I figure it out I'll let you know!:)

GILL
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM
WELCOME BACK from the CREW. I wish I had an answer, we got a couple that are getting a little cubby.

elminster20
08-10-2009, 09:08 AM
She's a CUTE chubby monkey but I'd prefer she didn't end up with a lot of health problems. And she has a habit of jumping on my chest in the middle of the night so it'd be super if I the wind didn't get knocked out of me when she did that...:)

aTailOf2Kitties
08-10-2009, 09:24 AM
awwwww......Derby sure is beautiful.:love:
Looks like the cat Avon had in the mid 80's named Carmicahael. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of Carmichael merchandise.

elminster20
08-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Hahaha, yeah, Derby's my big orange bundle of energy that's for sure, although Goomba, will always be my favourite girl. Goomba's my angel:)

aTailOf2Kitties
08-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I have the same feeding issue with my 2 boys. Havoc is a dainty and easily distracted eater who wanders off after a few bites, so I have to keep feeding him often. Toby on the other hand is a big lump o' kitty who eats everything in sight.... and anything else he can find. So I have to watch them both like a hawk come feeding time and take up Havoc's bowl as soon as he loses interest, or else Toby sneaks up and eats all of the food.

Catty1
08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey, I recall you! Welcome back!

I put my boys on grain-free food. The protein seems to keep their weight where it ought to be - and although it costs a bit more, they do eat less. Innova Evo is a great one, and there are others too.

Love yer furblobs!:love::love::D

catmandu
08-10-2009, 09:57 AM
We are Old Toimers and remember you well. Welcome back Welcome Back Welcome Back Say all the Found Cats and Feeder!:love::love::love::)

jenluckenbach
08-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I remember! (You had Bob and Dan, the white ones, before these 2)

elminster20
08-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I did have Bob and Don, pure white and white with grey on his head:). Unfortunately they stayed with my ex when we split up so I have no idea how they are doing these days:(

RedHedd
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I remember you - welcome back!

Karen
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I remember you, welcome back.

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I remember you too. Welcome back!!!:D The last I remember was when you were having Goomba spayed and she was having some complications from it. I'm glad to see that she's doing so well these days.:) Derby is gorgeous. I'm a big orangie fan.:)

I also feed my cats Innova Evo dry and canned and it does help to keep them all in great shape. I don't free feed though so I measure their food out each feeding. I have a few piggies and if I didn't do this they'd be very overweight cats. Good luck.:)

elminster20
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
You're not too far off krazyaboutkatz, but I think the tortie you're thinking of was Tiffany. She was a short haired tortie that my ex and I adopted as a kitten a few months before we split up. She did have a few complications from the spaying but in the end turned out just fine. She stayed with my ex, Bob, and Don after the breakup and I haven't seen or heard about them in years unfortunately...
I've had Goomba for a little over three years now I think. I adopted her when I was on my own from Petcetera. She was 4 1/2 at the time and in some pretty desperate need of some love and attention. She's become my little shadow, although she is still terrified of any one else but me:(.
Derby's awesome, 4 years old, and a real hell raiser:)

Kirsten
08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome back! :)

Derby and Goomba are just beautiful! :)

Kirsten

Medusa
08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
You joined PT many years before I did and you probably left before I joined, too, so I don't remember you but no matter. Welcome back. The more PT friends the better. :)

catfamily
08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
I have NO idea how to manage that. A friend told me about a cat food that's supposed to allow a fat cat to lose and a thin cat to gain but....... That kind of sounds like a myth to me. If I figure it out I'll let you know!:)
first...welcome back..and yes i remember you.:)

your cats are so beautiful! Both of them.

If you ever find out about that food,please tell us.It sounds very interesting.I hope it works!:)

elminster20
08-10-2009, 11:29 PM
The only thing I can remember is a friend telling me that a vet sold it and it was really expensive... I'll look into it but I don't expect miracles:)

momcat
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, I do remember you. Welcome back to you and your adorable kitties! I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing lots of kitty pictures.

mrspunkysmom
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I SEARCHED and found this. It is EXPENSIVE.

Old Mother Hubbard Wellness Weight Management

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/

I just saw this site so I thought I would pass it on. I haven't been through the whole site but it looks interesting.

http://www.a-house-full-of-cats.com/index.html

catmandu
08-12-2009, 09:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Cat%20Photos/purrywurries680.jpg
A Streo Welcome Back from My OWESOME ORANGIES!!!!:love::love: