PDA

View Full Version : Cat 'eaten by pet python'.

CultureJunky
08-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I came across this story on MSN UK news website. It's so terrible, what a tragic thing to have happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/8191355.stm

Karen
08-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm going to move this to The Dog House, but if they had kept their cat in their own yard, it wouldn't have happened.

RICHARD
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Where was the snake being kept?:eek:

Was it 'running' loose in the yard?:confused:

mrspunkysmom
08-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree with both. The cat should be inside but so should the snake. The snake could escape and eat a small child. Yikes!

Medusa
08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I agree with both. The cat should be inside but so should the snake. The snake could escape and eat a small child. Yikes!

Exactly!

Barbara
08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I haven't read the text but I doubt there is such a thing as a pet python. In South East Asia where they live wild, pythons have been known to swallow newborn calves.

RICHARD
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I haven't read the text but I doubt there is such a thing as a pet python. In South East Asia where they live wild, pythons have been known to swallow newborn calves.

What do they do with the rest of the baby's leg?;):rolleyes::D

lvpets2002
08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
:rolleyes: Good question Richard.. And how & why do you have a pet python.. Thats insain.. RIP wittle cat..
Where was the snake being kept?:eek:

Was it 'running' loose in the yard?:confused:

Karen
08-09-2009, 04:12 PM
There are plenty of pythons that are no danger to people or small animals. Ball pythons, for example, are pretty well known as a good pet snake. There are plenty of responsible owners who can safely keep even the large pythons.

I still think both owners were irresponsible, this was not the cat's fault, or the python's "fault."

finn's mom
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
So sad, but I completely agree with Karen. I don't see anything wrong with having a python for a pet, but both animals should have been kept in their own yards. How awful to have heard and/or witnessed that, though! :(

Catherinedana
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Keeping your python in your own yard, or in your own house even, doesn't solve the problem. Recently (within the last two weeks), here in Florida, some folks had a python in the house that killed their baby.

Some animals are not meant to be kept in the home. End of story. :mad:

Medusa
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Keeping your python in your own yard, or in your own house even, doesn't solve the problem. Recently (within the last two weeks), here in Florida, some folks had a python in the house that killed their baby.

Some animals are not meant to be kept in the home. End of story. :mad:

Yes, I recall that story. Incredibly sad and needless.