PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats fear thunderstorms?

Kirsten
08-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Just wondering because over here, a thunderstorm's just coming up, and I noticed that Lily is always running out of the room as soon as she hears the first thunder. Go figure! Lily, who does not fear anything else, is afraid of thunder, while Luna, who's usually the scared one, couldn't care less! LOL

What about your kitties?

Kirsten

Grace
08-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Oh yes, indeed. We've been having thunderstorms this morning, and several of ours have taken refuge under the bed.

Laura's Babies
08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Chester was the only one I had that was terrified by them. However, since Gustav Giz and Boo now run and hide when one is coming, preferring to get in a kitchen cabinet until it is over.. They are getting better as time passes and the memory fades.

catmandu
08-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Absolutley!
When the thunder rolls, they have to have Cat Treats!!
I am not sure how this works:confused:, but they insist!!!
:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
08-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Well, Catmandu, they have you trained well.

Sam, who is terrified of the vets and new places, doesn't flinch about rain or storms. Spunky, loves to explore, yet runs at the first sign of a hard rain.

Spunky has me well trained, too.

Killearn Kitties
08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh yes, my girlies are not too fond of thunderstorms. Fortunately they are fairly rare here.

Sonia59
08-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Not at all! I am always surprised about this. When there is a thunderstorm I wonder if they will be all right, and...they just don't care! :)

katladyd
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Ming is not overly fond of them, but I wouldn't say he was terrified, either. Mac likes to sit in the window and watch the lightening. There's not much that boy is scared of, except the vacuum cleaner.

kokopup
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Rascal isn't afraid of anything, Thunderstorms included. Kallie can't hear storms so she is pretty content most of the time.

Edwina's Secretary
08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
We don't even have rain....let alone thunderstorms! But I don't remember either of them being bothered by storms.

momcat
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
They really don't bother Groucho. Sometimes he'll curl up in his bed and go to sleep, other times he gets very snuggly.

rg_girlca
08-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Some of my guys get skittish when there is a big clap of thunder. You know the ones that sound like it's right over your house. Other than that, they are fine. In fact we are suppose to have a thunder storm rolling in sometime during the night. I just pray that it isn't as bad as what Toronto got today. Boy what a doozy that one was.

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2009, 10:58 PM
We rarely have thunder here. I do remember one time though when my Storm jumped when he heard thunder. I found it funny that Storm was afraid of a storm.;)

DriftyAlison0
08-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Peaches is afraid of thunderstorms. But after what she has been through, I don't blame her.

Pinot's Mom
08-10-2009, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=rg_girlca;2177606]Some of my guys get skittish when there is a big clap of thunder. You know the ones that sound like it's right over your house. Other than that, they are fine. [QUOTE]

That's Pinot - unless it sounds like it's going to hit the house, she's fine.

GILL
08-10-2009, 09:31 AM
YUP the real loud ones will make a couple duk, but for most part the CREW could care less.

astrid
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
We have thunderstorms here once in a while but Sophie doesn't care at all, sometimes she doesn't even wake up! :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
:) Some of my cats are afraid & some of them are not.. The ones that are afraid will go under the bed & or into my walk-in closets in my bedroom..

Kirsten
08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
We had another thunderstorm today, but I wasn't at home when it came down. However, my mother told me on the phone this evening that Peggy has been so scared that she was hiding under the couch!

I found it funny that Storm was afraid of a storm.

Yup, that is funny! Just as if my Luna would fear the moon! LOL

Peaches is afraid of thunderstorms. But after what she has been through, I don't blame her.

What happened to her?

Kirsten

todd
08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
yess my cat is

Pinot's Mom
08-11-2009, 07:16 AM
I have to amend my earlier response...we had a whopper of a t-storm last night, and not only is she not BOTHERED by them, Pinot was at the sliding glass door watching the show! Things were blowing around & lightning was lighting up the deck, she was fascinated! :eek: