PDA

View Full Version : For Whom the Bell Tolls?

RICHARD
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
ME, ME and ME!

Or,
Another Ed-ventrue!

---------------------------

I love those little 'break-away collars' with the bells on them.

Ed too, I think!:eek:

There has been a bunch of traffic going thru the house lately. So much so that I have to be a door monitor when people come over.

There is something magical about cats and light. Ed is a very good example of this.

Being the curious cat dad, I have done little experiments that make me wonder about exactly what inspires a cat to be, well, a cat!

I have walked thru the kitchen and 'accidentally' left the door open just a crack. Ed, sleeping on the floor, will immediately notice the opening and then-

1. See the open door.
2. Assess the situation.
3. Comtemplate the meaning of an open door.
4. Slink towards said door.
5. Stick his head out and
6. SLOWLY walk outside.

My sis, walking thru the house, left the back door open and Ed walked out.

I panicked, looked out side to where I think he will be, panicked some more and began a grid search pattern, the kind approved by our Navy!

After a few futile passes, Sis yells, "Does Ed have a bell?" He wears a bell and can be a ding-dong-But I digress....

"Yes", I call back and we both freeze.......

Ding a ling......ding........a..........ling............. .....ding........

We close rank and slowly move towards a board and there in the shade is the Edster, curling up for a nap......

He looks at me and give me a short meow and a very uninterested look.....

"Um, I decided to talk a walk and ended up here, on the asphalt, waiting for you to find out I was missing. Thanks for noticing..."

I laugh, scoop him up and give him a squeeze, hug and a kiss.

We head back to the house, A ding-a-ling and two ding dongs- happy, relieved and thankful that a small investment can pay such huge dividends!:eek:

happylabs
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
What a stinker he is! Buddy was a door watcher before he became a leash cat. Now he doesn't dart for the door any longer. At least Ed lets you catch him easily.

Love the Ed-venture chronicles. :D

catmandu
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
My Door Cat is the Senior Cat Juke Joint Joseph:) , who despite his age will once in a while sneak out.
He then races for the back yard where he has a great deal of fun playing with Golden Rod and Ebonite Tubster.:):)
He and the Black Kitten were having quite the run around, ad after a few hours JJJ3 is by the front door, ready to come in.
I hope Edster:love: is the same, taht way you wont have to worry either!!!:love:

Laura's Babies
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I LOVE how you tell stories! Just a simple excursion outside for Ed and we have a great story! (Hummmm... maybe that's way he does it.. to keep us entertained?)

rg_girlca
08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Don't ya just hate that when your cat runs out the door and you are in a panic trying to find them and when you do, they look at you like, "WWWWHHHHAAATTTT!!!!!"

I'm glad that Edster didn't venture too far and I also love the way you tell a story.:)