PDA

View Full Version : My clothes washer has been fixed!

Sirrahsim
08-07-2009, 09:05 AM
First it wouldn't spin or drain so I checked for kinks and blockages as best as I could. Then I tried gently fiddling with the auto-stop button and somehow managed to knock the entire auto-stop assembly down into the body of the machine where it broke into about a dozen pieces. It is dead. I am in mourning...

I can't live without a washer, but we can't take a washer with us to Germany so if we get a new one we would just have to put it in storage six months from now.:(:(
what on earth do I do now??? I can't even imagine wrestling all of my clothes and both of my boys to the laundrymat and back every week:eek:

prechrswife
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Oh, no! With kids, it is really tough to be without a washer, and I agree that hauling clothes to the laundromat would be a royal headache. I don't even know if this is possible, but I wonder if rental companies ever have washers available.

Pinot's Mom
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Rent - rental companies DO have machines. I don't know, for six months, I might consider the laundromat option. It only takes the time of one load to do all your laundry that way...just a thought.

aTailOf2Kitties
08-07-2009, 09:57 AM
you can probably find a cheap used one to use for 6 months then donate it to charity when you move.

Freedom
08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Ugh how frustrating! What timing, do you think it KNEW you were going to Germany and planned to elave it behind???

I think you got 2 good suggestions. I see them on craigslist often, maybe even check freecycle. Not sure how you ensure the used one works.

Karen
08-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Is there someone else who is about to deploy that would let you take their washer for six months? Worth asking around ...

And definitely check freecycle, and craigslist ... you never know. After all, you don;t need "new and fancy" - you just need function!

Sirrahsim
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I fixed it! I pieced together the lid switch and rigged it to work temorarily! Never underestimate the power of duct tape...

I found the replacement part on ebay and bought it for $11.75!

Catherinedana
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I fixed it! I pieced together the lid switch and rigged it to work temorarily! Never underestimate the power of duct tape...

I found the replacement part on ebay and bought it for $11.75!

Clever clever girl!!!!!

Karen
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Very good - the best solution yet!

sirrahbed
08-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I am impressed :) You are even more determined that your mom!! :p

lvpets2002
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM
:) Way to go.. Thats our Texas spirit..
I am impressed :) You are even more determined that your mom!! :p

Freedom
08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Super news! Quite a relief for you, as well. Whew!

Laura's Babies
08-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I am SO impressed! KHUDOS to you!!