PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like an instant cat family?

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 11:46 AM
This little pregnant sweetie needs a home.
She belonged to my neighbors who ran off and left not only her, but two dogs trapped inside the house. She was lucky and got out the open window, the dogs couldn't get out.

The animal control officer took the dogs this morning. They will go to the dog pound where, hopefully, they can find homes before their time runs out. We have a kill shelter. :( They won't even take cats in.

I've been feeding this girl along with my lilac bush kitty. I really am not up to having an entire new bunch of kitties depending on me though. However, I will do what I can for them as long as I can.

Poor baby's whiskers are just starting to grow back after the mean neighbor's kids cut them off. :(
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_5985.jpg

Medusa
08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh goodness, how lucky for them that you're there! Many blessings to you for helping them while you try to find them a permanent home. :love:

Anikaca77
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Awww...that is just cruel that they cute off her whiskers.

I wished I lived closer or I'd help.

I have a possibly pregnant cat on my hands as well at the moment but she doesn't look like that so she might not be after all.

Thank you for helping her out.

Melissa

lvpets2002
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
:love: Aweee she is a SweetHeart & so are you for taking care of her.. She looks to be due any day now.. Are you going to let her stay at your place for the delivery of the babies??

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Talk about De Ja vu - this is just the way I met my Grandma kitty! :D

I can make her a box on my back porch for the babies if she wants. It's sort of enclosed. Two and a half sides are closed in. They would at least be out of the rain there.

One thing, the owner of the house where that horrible family lived just told me there were going to be animal cruelty charges filed on that mother. (there was only a mother - never a dad in sight). She also had a no animal clause in her lease. :(

lvpets2002
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
:( Crap Crap why do people do these things?? Yes throw the book at that lady & maybe she will learn.. Well I said maybe!!

Anikaca77
08-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I do hope you find a home for her. It looks like she is ready to pop soon.

Poor girl. I wish I was closer.

Melissa

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Poor girl. I wish I was closer.

Me too!!! What a gorgeous kitty she is!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
:( Crap Crap why do people do these things?? Yes throw the book at that lady & maybe she will learn.. Well I said maybe!!

This gal may have more trouble on her hands than she ever thought. She and her family trashed that house. The owner just told me it's full of roaches. (not to mention the dog poo from the two dogs that were in the house alone for a week or more) He wanted to warn me they were going to have to bomb the place to get rid of the roaches and they would probably head this way. He is going to spray around my house outside first to try and keep them away. He is not too happy with that gal right now!!!

Since she is living on low income assistance, there is a good chance that child protection services will get involved as well as the animal control people. The owner said there are bags and bags of trash inside that needs hauling off. :eek::(

Laura's Babies
08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
She looks like she has lost a lot of her fur that is now growing back all over her body... she reminds me of a cat we got at the shelter I use to help out at, that came from a situation like that. The poor baby was so stressed at being starve she had pulled most of her fur out before she was found.

Do as best as you can for the Mama and her babies. I just found 5- about 4 week kittens under my house a few days ago. I am trying to socialize them but I leave in a week.. I will do all I can while I am here, if I get no help, I will have to put them back under the house and let them grow into ferals.. I HATE that but what else can I do.. Our shelter is a kill shelter too.

Karen
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh, goodness, I hope you find someone who can help the poor thing. She looks like she will be a beauty once she gets some love and care and food and a home.

Moesha
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
What part of Kansas are you in?

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm in SE Kansas. About 90 miles south of KC.

catmandu
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
And cutting off a Cats Whiskers is more than cruel, it deprives them of the major way in which they manuever in thier world, its as important to a Cat as our eyesight is to us.:eek::eek:
That poor Momma Cat , and her Babies are lucky to be with you, and we pray alls well with them.
:love::love::love:

Moesha
08-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I know someone who just moved to SE Kansas, near Wichita. He does something with wildlife. Let me send him a message and see if he knows of anyone that can help.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I know someone who just moved to SE Kansas, near Wichita. He does something with wildlife. Let me send him a message and see if he knows of anyone that can help.

Thanks a lot. I think the babies will be here before too long. She is filling out rapidly. I put a box with a soft blanket on the back porch for her where she can be out of the weather. It's so hot here right now, I'm not sure she'll want it but at least it's there along with frest water and food.

She reminds me of Edwina without the angel kiss on her nose.

lizbud
08-06-2009, 07:02 PM
All I can offer are prayers that all things fall into place and Mama
and babies can both be helped.:) This reminds me of how I became a cat
owner. Helping a stray Mama cat. She had her babies outside, but brought
them (6 babys) into my garage shortly afterwards. (where I was feeding
mama cat) With the help of my old Vet, got them all fixed,shots & placed
for adoption except the last two, who I kept myself. The Vet was a Saint
and gave me a deep discount for their care.

Best of luck with this mama.:)

carole
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Aww poor wee girl, she looks stick thin under her preggy belly, and her coat sure is not in good condition, thank you for taking on looking after this wee girl, you are a wonderful person to do so,i hope with all my heart you can find her a forever loving home and her babies too.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I just sent her picture to my vet. Maybe she will know someone who can help this little one out. She is very thin, but filling out after several days of all the food she wants. :)

Freedom
08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
May a thousand camel fleas infest that darn woman's armpits!

Bless you for helping Mom cat and her soon to be's. She is sweet, poor dear.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
A ray of hope for momma Kat:

I just heard from my vet. She is going to post Momma Kat's pic on an adoption page on her web site. Hopefully someone will be able to give her a home. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm so glad that she found her way to you for help. Hopefully she'll find a new home soon and all of her babies will too.:) I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Killearn Kitties
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I hope you hear positive news from your vet. Please let us know. :love:

Moesha
08-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I hope the vet can help out also. I left a message for my friend but haven't heard anything from him yet. If I do, I'll be sure to post here or send a PM.

rg_girlca
08-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Has the landlord sprayed around your area yet? I hope not because that is not going to be too good for the mama cat to be walking around in or inhaling the fumes in her condition.

Poor thing looks young herself. Prayers on the way that someone will be able to take her in and soon, before she has her babies outside.

Bless you Moff for helping her and good luck with her.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Has the landlord sprayed around your area yet? I hope not because that is not going to be too good for the mama cat to be walking around in or inhaling the fumes in her condition.

Poor thing looks young herself. Prayers on the way that someone will be able to take her in and soon, before she has her babies outside.

Bless you Moff for helping her and good luck with her.

No spraying yet. They are only going to spray up against the house not in the yard. Hopefully it won't be where she will get in it.

I sure hope she calms down though. She acts really loving and lets me pet her, next thing she's hissing at me and has her claws in me. She got hold of my right hand this morning when I was putting her food down and would not let go. I had blood dripping from me hand and no way of getting loose.

I was able to get the glass of water I had taken out to put in her water bowl and dump it on her. I hated to do it but I had to get free. She did let go and went and ate. She seems to have forgiven me. I'm not going near her again without my garening gloves on that's for sure. I hope she will calm down after the babies are here. :(

She never ever tries to bite, just claw. I can't help but wonder if those kids teased her as well as cut off her whiskers. Poor baby!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Please keep your fingers crossed. Momma kat has not been seen all day. I'm pretty sure she has had the babies or is in the process of having them. I have no idea where she is.

I hope she is ok. :(

lizbud
08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry about your hand. It sounds painful.:( I think you are right and
she is "hand shy". I'm sure she was tormented by those people.:( I do
hope she shows up one day soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2009, 05:29 PM
I saw momma kat. She was just leaving my porch so I watched where she went. She had her babies under the BBQ in the yard of the house she lived at. I took her some food. Looks like she has 4 babies.

She wouldn't let me near them. She is really really grouchy now. I just hope she can move them to a safer place before the weather gets rainy. The neighbors on the other side of that house are going to put some food out for her too. Maybe between us, we can help her and the babies grow.

Prayers for us all please? :(

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I went out and gave momma kat some food before it got dark. I was able to see the babies better. There are 5: 3 calicos, one black one, and one that looks gray with some orange and white on it's face. Why do I think they are all girls? :eek:

lizbud
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Any news updates on momma & kitties ?

momoffuzzyfaces
08-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Any news updates on momma & kitties ?

Sure is! :D Check this out:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=154979