PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime Diapering

finn's mom
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
How do you folks handle this? I'm doing a lot of reading and just want to hear my pals at Pet Talk speak out. :) I'm using cloth diapers, as a lot of you may know, but I'm also interested in hearing how moms using disposables diaper their baby at night.

I'm thinking of just buying some hemp inserts for extra (and less bulky) absorbency. But, I've been reading about wool covers for extra protection as well.

Just curious what solutions you all have come up with for the inevitable dirtier diapers at night. :)

Sirrahsim
08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
We used disposables 24/7. Fresh diaper at bedtime, fresh diaper with each feeding, fresh diaper upon waking. We never had any problems :)

Cataholic
08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I am with PP. I had every intention of clothing with J. I bought all the stuff. It just never happened, and I can't look back now and imagine how I would have ever done it. LOL.

I save/conserve in many other ways. I was able to live with myself. :D

catnapper
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
We just diapered whenever it was wet/poopy. I typically took it straight outside. The Diaper Genie was the biggest waste. We just kept a trash can by the back door. Now that Cam's potty training and using undies half the time, I still keep the trash can by the back door for quick kitty litter disposal :)

Cookiebaker
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I cloth diapered L., for most of her diaper-using months, though I did take a few weeks break when life was most overwhelming. I exclusively used pocket diapers, and doubled up with hemp/microfiber inserts for overnight (just microfiber during the day). I found within my stash the dipes that worked best overnight, and pretty much stuck with those. When she started sleeping through the night and was no longer changed in the middle of the night, I just switched over to sposies for nighttime, rather than wake her up just to change her, kwim? (that was like after 7 months on if I remember correctly)

I am a little sad because just yesterday, I packed up all my cloth diapers to pass on to my sister-in-law for my neice. Lydia has been potty trained for four months now, so its pretty certain we won't be going back to diapers again. yippee!!

prechrswife
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
We used disposables 24/7. Fresh diaper at bedtime, fresh diaper with each feeding, fresh diaper upon waking. We never had any problems :)

What she said.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
In the night when it was feeding time I'd change him, then feed him. Nathan was an extremely lazy eater so changing him before feeding him was needed to help wake him up anyway. Then feeding him relaxed him back to sleep. He rarely ever leaked. I was the only who was always leaking. In those early weeks I was constantly waking up with a soaked shirt. :rolleyes:

As he got older and started sleeping through the night I just added extra "stuffing". I bought some cheap microfiber cloths at Target in the auto section. I think they were like 10 cloths for a dollar or two. I just folded one of those and added it in the pocket with the regular insert.

Cataholic
08-06-2009, 04:09 PM
When we walk through the grocery store, J stops me at the baby aisle and says, "oh, wait, we need diapers!" and then laughs, hysterically. Every time. LOL, I think my son is weird.

finn's mom
08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the replies! It's nice to hear how people handle situations differently! Always gives me ideas!

carole
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
well Kari with both my children i have never used a diaper ever, you are saying what i don't believe you, ha but it is true because we don't call them diapers, they are nappies here lol, well jokes aside, i used only cloth for my son, because disposables were not very popular down under then, and i used cloth for when my girl was little, but then i changed to disposables and never looked back,not so good for the environment though are they?

Night times were like any other to me, just changed before sleep, during feeds and then when ever they woke up, i just had a special bin to put them in and take them down in the morning.,not quite sure if i am answering your question or not.:)