PDA

View Full Version : Ummmm, I need help?

RICHARD
08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
There I was, minding my own business when ED came over and plopped down on the keyboard.

I am typing this on an angle.....

Somehow, the picture on the screen is flipped upside down and I don't know how to get it back.....

Does someone know how to get it back to normal?:eek::D

caseysmom
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Just stand on your head:D

lvpets2002
08-05-2009, 10:27 AM
:p Thats a good one.. Yup Richard stand on your head & or turn the computer upside down.. ha ha:D I really do think you need to go to the control panel & click on it & go find your display option & click on it & then reflip ok..
Just stand on your head:D

slick
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Some graphics cards have rotation "hot keys" enabled by default and this is probably the most common cause of this problem. The exact procedure for rectifying the display may depend on the particular brand and configuration of the graphics card in the problem computer. One of the following options may help resolve the issue.

Option One:
Try using the keyboard combination, "Control + Alt + Up Arrow Key". Control + Alt along with one of the arrow keys is a fairly common rotation hot-key configuration and may just do the trick.

Option Two:
If Option One doesn't work, see if there is a graphics card icon displayed in the Notification Area (near the Windows Clock). Clicking (or right-clicking) the icon may reveal a "Rotation Settings" option that will allow you to revert to "normal" display.

Option Three:
If neither of the previous options help, try the following procedure.

Right-click an open area of the desktop and click "Properties" to open the "Display Properties" window.
Click the "Settings" tab and then click the "Advanced" button to open the monitor settings window.
Click the tab corresponding to your graphics card. You may need to click one or more buttons within the tab to reveal a rotation settings option. Exactly where rotation settings are located will depend on the brand of graphics card installed.
Once you locate the rotation settings, choose the "0 degrees" or "normal" option to change the display to upright. The rotations settings may also give you the option of disabling rotation hot keys so that the problem does not happen again.
Click "OK" to save changes and exit out of any open properties windows.
Thanks Google. :)

moosmom
08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I have no solution and wouldn't even want to try, I'm laughing so hard at the THOUGHT of your dilemma.

RICHARD
08-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks Google. :)

NUMBER 1!!!!:)

Smart arse!;):D

Why does the OBVIOUS idea-go to Google-always play second fiddle to, "Ask all the brilliant people on Pet Talk?"

Plus, it's always fun to get teased about something totally goofy. Why should I suffer, when it makes a great thread?

I did turn the monitor sideways, then took it off the pedestal and placed it upside down!:rolleyes:

Now I am back to normal.....

Would it have been o.k. if I moved to Australia?:D

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2009, 10:57 AM
There I was, minding my own business
when ED came over and plopped down on the keyboard.

Somehow, the picture on the screen is flipped upside down ...

And you're gonna stick with the tail that "The KAT did it" ?

Good thing That KAT has broad shoulders.

:D

RICHARD
08-05-2009, 11:02 AM

And a huge belly!

I think that he loves the idea that air circulates under 'hisself' during this heatwave.

Sorry, that's my story and I must stick to it.;):eek::o

lvpets2002
08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
:p Dua Richard we know your not normal.. At least you asked for help this time..:D

Medusa
08-05-2009, 11:39 AM

That was going to be my question but you beat me to it. Good thing Ed is around to take the blame. Heh heh heh...

MoonandBean
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM

Why does the OBVIOUS idea-go to Google-always play second fiddle to, "Ask all the brilliant people on Pet Talk?"

Plus, it's always fun to get teased about something totally goofy. Why should I suffer, when it makes a great thread?

I did turn the monitor sideways, then took it off the pedestal and placed it upside down!:rolleyes:

I'm glad you shared it...good for a laugh. That reminds me of a "dogster" incident a few months ago. The "dogs" post their comments to eachother but the "humans behind the dog" have to remember to assign the comment to the dog. I happened to post a comment for Sunny which was totally appropriate had it been from Sunny but not so appropriate if it was from me (which it was because I forgot to assign it to Sunny). I left it on there because I couldn't stop laughing and figured my pals could use a good laugh too. I'll share it here too:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/710533/diary/One_elluva_dog/595305

happylabs
08-05-2009, 01:43 PM

LOLOLOL!!!!! Thanks for the afternoon laugh. I can just picture you looking upside down to read your screen. :D :D :D

RICHARD
08-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I left it on there because I couldn't stop laughing and figured my pals could use a good laugh too. I'll share it here too:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/710533/diary/One_elluva_dog/595305

How much do we gte away with, while blaming it on out pets?

Hmmm, I may have to steal the idea for my next date?

THANK YOU SUNNY!:eek::D

Happy,

Thank goodness for flat monitors!

And my personal computer guru, Slick!:cool::)

Laura's Babies
08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
RICHARD! You are a world of entertainment here on PT! I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!