PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of names...*pictures added*

wolfsoul
08-04-2009, 12:14 AM
We're trying to decide what to name Visa's boy puppy. His registered name is Uniquity's Two for the Show. His new owner wants his call name to have something to do with his registered name but I'm stumped. I've looked up the word "two" in every language on the google language tools and nothing makes a good name.

Any ideas?

blue
08-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Pics would help.

kokopup
08-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I think something with "Deuce" or Old french "Deuc" meaning two.

"Unique deuce" "Raredeuc" or just "Deuc"

Husky_mom
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
if it were the girl.. it could be Tootsie.. (sounds like two..lol)

but for the boy..hhmm... I like Deuce ;)

Dos (means two)
Segundo (means second)
Toofer

Two is the smallest and the first prime number, so maybe Prime
Japanese
HOSHI: star
HOSHIKO: star child
Vietnamese
HAI: meaning two or second

also was looking in Belgian or Dutch terms.. but some words are just too long...
Twee means two.. but doesn´t sounds appropiate for a boy IMO

Husky_mom
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
this have more to do with color other than his registered name

Blake
Cronin
Jett
Onyx

all meaning black

prechrswife
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
My first thought was "Deuce."

HoochsMommiee
08-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Duece is a cute name

wolfsoul
08-07-2009, 04:29 PM
We like Deuce but I'm afraid it might sound too much like "douche." LOL everyone I ask says it does. Gonna have to think about that one. I do like it because I really want something that means "two." If he was a female it would be easy, we could call him Duet. Would have been perfect too because Solo was "One for the Money" and this boy is "Two for the Show." Solo..Duet...

Not sure why pics would help really lol but I'll post a few anyways.

Karen
08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Quincy!

The "Uniquity" reminds me of that ...

Grace
08-07-2009, 05:07 PM
He is adorable - like a small, black bear!!

I like Karen's suggestion - Quincy.

kokopup
08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Look at Dyad Meaning two
or maybe twain Archaic two [Old English twēgen]

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2009, 07:37 PM
OMG!!!! Let me just say that those pictures have me laughing out loud because they're so cute!!!! Both of them look so much like Solo. I'm in love.......ahhhhhh--adorable!!:)

jenluckenbach
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I like Dyad.

I also like Duo.

You could also call him Tuppence, which is a shortened form of two pence.

Kater
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
'Elua (said ay-loo-uh) means two in Hawaiian. He's adorable!

wolfsoul
08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. :) I think I've decided on the name "Tandem" which can also mean two.

Also, I've decided to keep him here with me. There was some confusion, and I hadn't recieved any money for his shipping, so when we went to Seattle to ship the pups off yesterday I had no way to pay for him and I couldn't make another trip there to ship him, so I'm keeping him. I feel bad for the breeder who was going to take him but she understands. She atleast wants to breed a female to him one day and that should be fine (as long as I approve of the female of course).
But my little girl is now gone.. :( Kira is her name now and she is with a breeder in Colorado. What a nice happy girl at the airport; she said hello to everyone, and when I put her in the crate so we could weigh it with her in it, she fell right asleep. I'm going to miss her but atleast I'll have one of her puppies one day.

lute
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I've been gone too long! I missed puppies! Did you ever post any pics of them? I wanna see them! I always hate seeing our Aussie pups go to their new homes, but when they go I know they are going to good homes to become great companions and/or show dogs!

cassiesmom
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
He is adorable - like a small, black bear!!

I like Karen's suggestion - Quincy.

I was thinking along the same lines as Grace - he looks like a fluffy black teddy bear! I am terrible at names, so I'll just say, AWwwwww!!

wolfsoul
08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, I've definatly decided on the name Tandem. :)

I've been gone too long! I missed puppies! Did you ever post any pics of them? I wanna see them! I always hate seeing our Aussie pups go to their new homes, but when they go I know they are going to good homes to become great companions and/or show dogs!
I think I only posted one thread to be honest -- I've been lazy with posting pictures LOL, it's takes so long to get them up on facebook that I can't bear to go through the process of posting them somewhere else.
I have TONS of pictures on Facebook, so if anyone wants to add me, please feel free! My name is Jordan Philpott (network Kelowna, BC) and currently I have Tandem's picture as my profile pic. :)

lute
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I just now saw the pics on the first page. He's oober cute! I'll have to go back and find the other pics. I just love puppy pics!