PDA

View Full Version : Don't send a man to the grocery store!

Laura's Babies
08-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted..

This is TO funny!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

chocolatepuppy
08-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Ha ha! lmao! :D

happylabs
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
LOLOLOL!!!!!! That was too funny. Thanks for the laugh! :D :D :D

kokopup
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight. Being from "her area" I could relate to her Pound Cake story. My mother used to make 10 bunt cake Pound Cakes at a time just for those occasions.

Cinder & Smoke
08-03-2009, 11:39 PM
And you wonder why we don't like to go shopping?

:rolleyes:

Scooter's Mom
08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
This is hilarious! My husband even asked me to send it to him at work. Loved it!

blue
08-04-2009, 12:49 AM
That is finding the humor in death.

What is a 7 Up poundcake? Recipe please?

I have an Uncle who is a Proffessor at Carolina and my Aunt owns a Subway in their Basketball arena.

Edit: Go Tar Heels!!!!

Freedom
08-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh my, THANK YOU!!!! Ha ha haha hahahahahahaha

sirrahbed
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
She is hysterical!!! I am off to listen to more and hubby wants me to start at the beginning!!! LOLOLOL Thanks Laura!!

sirrahbed
08-04-2009, 09:04 AM
What is a 7 Up poundcake? Recipe please?

Classic 7 UP Pound Cake
This recipe has been around for years and, judging from its popularity, it will be around for many years to come.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
5 eggs, at room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup 7 UP
For the Glaze:
1/4 cup 7 UP
1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.

Combine butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla and almond extract in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt, and add to butter/sugar mixture alternately with 1 cup 7 UP, beating well after each addition.

Spoon batter into prepared 10-inch tube pan, and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert on serving plate and remove pan.

While cake is cooling, make the glaze by stirring together the 1/4 cup 7 UP and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved. Punch holes in top of warm cake with a toothpick. Spoon glaze over cake, and cool completely before serving.

Laura's Babies
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
So, the men loved it too? THAT is really funny!

sirrahbed- Thanks for posting the recipe!!

I thought of my sisters husband since she sends him to the store all the time.. He NEVER goofed up like that though.. :D

Lizzie
08-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Just what I needed before a rather difficult meeting later this morning.

I remember going grocery shopping with my then husband (Physician and Rhodes Scholar, intellect far larger than mine) and asked him to get a couple of oranges with thin skins. He gave me a funny look but wandered off to the citrus fruit section. I joined him about ten minutes later where he was still sorting through the oranges with a very frustrated look on his face. Of course he asked how on earth he could tell if an orange had a thin skin. When I gave him two oranges to feel, one with thicker skin and one obviously thin, he just shook his head at me. There was no point in my saying anything about juice and economics at that time, he'd probably have thrown all the oranges at me!

lvpets2002
08-04-2009, 11:37 AM
:p That was so good & funny.. I am still chuckling.. thanks

Husky_mom
08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
that was hilarious!!!....

I sooooo can see hubby doing this....lol

once I sent him buy bird food... and for him to bring the right one I took a pic of it with his cellphone for him to see...well guess what.. he brought home the wrong one... IŽll give to him he did buy same brand just not right type... :p:rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Rie just told me her husband watched the WHOLE thing (and he is not one to watch You Tube much)!

I have to ask you guys, WHY is it that the men are so amused by it? RICHARD? Blue?

sirrahbed
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I asked hubby what was so amusing about the video and he said he liked the southern accent :D

Killearn Kitties
08-04-2009, 03:18 PM
:D What an excellent story.

gini
08-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh thanks for posting that - just what I needed this afternoon - a good hearty laugh!

RICHARD
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Rie just told me her husband watched the WHOLE thing (and he is not one to watch You Tube much)!

I have to ask you guys, WHY is it that the men are so amused by it? RICHARD? Blue?

I have to chime in.

I noticed she was tall, nice legs-she's as tall as I am!

Any who......

The story has it's 'faults'. The poor guy was used to seeing a manufacturing line for 7 up cakes and took the list to heart.

I thought it was funny, the poor dude probably cares more for badmiton than paying attention to what his wife wanted.:D

I HEARD EVERY word my GF said to me. I didn't understand WHY, But I heard them?:o

blue
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM

I laughed for two reasons.

1. Its a way to find the funny in death.

2. Because I am the opposite. I buy what I need, even if it is a little more expensive.

THe only time I buy more then I need is when Im going camping, dont want to run out of red meat or booze.

trayi52
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
This is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willie:D

Laura's Babies
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for explaining why the guys loved it so much. I new RICHARD would add a new spind on it.

I HEARD EVERY word my GF said to me. I didn't understand WHY, But I heard them?

(only YOU RICHARD!)

I liked Blues spin on it too.

THe only time I buy more then I need is when Im going camping, dont want to run out of red meat or booze.

You two cracked me up!

RICHARD
08-05-2009, 09:24 PM

What happened to bacon?;)

kokopup
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
The husband wasn't so dumb. Do you think men enjoy shopping. Now he is
excused from future grocery runs.:D

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Do you think men enjoy shopping?
Now he is excused from future grocery runs. :D

I wouldn't bet on that! :rolleyes:

He can just expect a much more DETAILED note the next time!
Possibly with footnotes and/or attachments.
:p

blue
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
What happened to bacon?;)

Bacon attracts bears the fastest of all the tasty meats.

caseysmom
08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't reckon those bears in Alaska are any fun to encounter camping...you are braver than me, I always make sure I camp on the coast here in California where the worst thing after my food is the racoons.

blue
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't reckon those bears in Alaska are any fun to encounter camping...you are braver than me, I always make sure I camp on the coast here in California where the worst thing after my food is the racoons.

Ive been up close and personal with bears twice. They stink and arent allways easy to spot where we go rafting/camping.