PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Little Buddy, I'll miss you Pal

IansPapa
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
With sadness a small sense of relief, this morning I had to put down my little buddy, Ian.

About a month ago Ian had an infected tooth and during the surgery the doc noticed some
inflamed tissue and the biopsy confirmed it was cancer.
Ian bounced back quickly from the surgery to remove the tooth and was soon back to gobbling
2+ cans of food a day, not to mention his kind disposition.
19+ years and only one trip to the vet, what a trooper.
Even his blood work prior to surgery showed no other issues.
Just 3 days ago everything seemed fine, hours later he could not close his mouth and over the
coming days, it became difficult for him to swallow his food and water.
Every bit of food and water he put in his mouth found its way out again.
The cancer had spread quickly to his jaw and lymph-nodes.
Ian was always a quiet kitty, but this morning he started talking to me like I'd never heard before.
I belief he was letting me know that he wanted my help to ease his pain.
I held him in my arms as he left this earth and with the final look from him and his nudge (bonk)
from his head to mine, I felt he was saying "Thanks for all the Love throughout the years" and
"Don't worry, I'll be OK".

I'll miss you Ian...Love you always...

Thanks to the good folks at Columbine Animal Hospital for seeing him on such short notice on Sunday.

I'm actually quite surprised by the sense of loss I'm feeling now. I miss him terribly.
I'll see you in my dreams and memories.
Take care little buddy...

Photo taken on July 9th, 2009
Derek
http://208.68.104.119/juuvi/loveyoulittlebuddysmall.jpg

Nomilynn
08-03-2009, 12:33 AM
What a lovely tribute. RIP, Buddy!

katladyd
08-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Play hard at the Bridge, little guy. You were loved.:love:

blue
08-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Im sorry you lost your pal, at least you where there for him in the end.

RIP Ian.

Medusa
08-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Ian, what a lucky fella you were to have had such a long and healthy life right up until the end. Your head "bonk" was very touching and it's no wonder that your human is feeling a sense of loss. I am, too, and I never even had the pleasure of meeting you. RIP, handsome boy and peace to your human. :love:

Pinot's Mom
08-03-2009, 07:20 AM
RIP, Ian, Godspeed to the Bridge, and Peace to your Dad Derek.

Derek, I'm sorry for your loss, it sounds like your buddy Ian was a great kitty. Nineteen years is a good long life; I'm sure he'll drift in every once in a while to make sure you're OK and to let you know he's happy and free.

jenluckenbach
08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
RIP Ian. You had a long and wonderful life. You will be missed here on Earth but your memories will always remain.

Derek, of course you are feeling a sense of loss....19 years is a long time to live with a pet and then know he's gone. Not only is it totally normal, but it proves the love you shared.

I am glad you came to Pet talk to share this moment.

lvpets2002
08-03-2009, 10:00 AM
:( So Sorry for the Loss of Buddy.. Very Nice Tribute for him.. RIP wittle one & may you be at Rainbow Bridge now as a Angel..

IansPapa
08-03-2009, 10:18 AM
His name was Ian...not buddy.
He was my little buddy though.

Thanks for all the kind words.
I woke up this morning missing him, but happy in knowing he is all better now
and not dreading to see how his condition may have worsened overnight.

Enjoy laying in the sun today Ian. :)

Derek

Catty1
08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Ian - what a handsome boy. :love: And he looks younger than 19, which shows the years of tremendous love and care he received from you.

How precious...the look and the head bonk. :):love:

I can just see him soaking in the sun.

Be at peace, Ian. And Derek...hugs to you.

catmandu
08-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Ian had a great long life full of love.
I can only pray that my Senior Cats have as long a life and that I am wise enough to now when its time for them to pass on to Angel Dom.
And Ian really does not look his age, I bet the Angel -Ettes in Our Animal Angel Army are setting thier caps for him.
Ian has his wings of silver and gold , and will start his life as an Animal Angel in the south of France, and as Ian travels he will find the place where he can reunite with his Best Friend.
One Fine Day.:love:

Laura's Babies
08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Such a lovely tribute to your baby. ((((HUGS)))) to you for your loss, we know how pianful that is.

phesina
08-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Rest in peace, dearest best buddy Ian, you have lived a wonderful long life full of love and happiness.

My very deepest sympathy to you, Derek. And in spite of the sad reason for your arrival, welcome to Pet Talk.

Pat (and my 6 cats Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler)

moosmom
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Ianspapa,

I'm so very sorry to hear of Ian's passing.

RIP sweet boy. You were loved and will be sorely missed.

:love::(

kb2yjx
08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Sleep softly, sweet Ian...Take care Derek...

DriftyAlison0
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
RIP Ian I lost Tigger on a Sunday as well. I know your pain and you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers.