PDA

View Full Version : What color is your hair?

catnapper
08-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Just curious what color hair you have right now..... whether natural or bottle. :)

I'm a dark brown/almost black. It was suppsed to be "medium brown" but came out much darker than expected. I rather like it :p

happylabs
08-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I am natural medium brown but have some gray mixed through. I just recently colored with Clairol Naturals Navajo Bronze and love the way it came out! The grays are lighter so it almost looks like highlights.

Daisy and Delilah
08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Dark brown. Always has been. Mine hasn't turned gray at all yet. I get that from my Mom.:)

Sirrahsim
08-02-2009, 09:26 AM
My hair is naturally a very dark brown. At the moment I have lots of deep red and coppery lowlights:D

Andie
08-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm a natural Blonde who let my mother "just put a few highlights in" cuz my hair was changing colors and she thought it was too dark. Those few highlights turned into full hair coloring where she used the lightest Blonde she could find. :rolleyes: So now I have to continue to color it to avoid the inverted skunk look otherwise I would be a light to medium brown by now.

Grace
08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Medium brown - my natural color. I'm approaching 70, but have just a few, scattered gray hairs.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Medium brown. A few speckles of grey (which by the way, I like.....I LOVE grey hair. Weird, I know)

kokopup
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Since you did not have a choice of Gray I put my natural color of Black. My hair has grayed steadily over the last 30 years. It is now about 90% gray as is my mustache & goatee.

neko1
08-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Currently my hair is black with bright red streaks but I'm thinking next time I go in to get my hair done, I will get it bright red on the top and black underneath.

If I wasn't a cubicle monkey, I'd have it black with purple.:D

Karen
08-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I checked "medium brown" because it depends on which piece of hair you are looking at whether it's reddish brown, blondish brown or dark brown. My hair streaks reddish-blonde in the sun, so the hair underneath, next to my neck, is very dark brown, but the stuff that sees daylight is much lighter.

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I voted medium blonde. I was born blonde. My hair got darker with age, dark blonde with lighter streaks, so I simply use sun-in to keep it a bit blonder. ;)

caseysmom
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I voted medium blonde. I was born blonde. My hair got darker with age, dark blonde with lighter streaks, so I simply use sun-in to keep it a bit blonder. ;)

Thats pretty much what I do but I do touch up my roots with loreal not sun in now adays since I have quite a bit of gray now.

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Thats pretty much what I do but I do touch up my roots with loreal not sun in now adays since I have quite a bit of gray now.

I've been spared the gray hair, so far. My mother didn't gray until later. I'll be right behind you then with the coloring. Nothing against gray hair, but for me, not in my 50's and not with waist length hair!;)

caseysmom
08-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I've been spared the gray hair, so far. My mother didn't gray until later. I'll be right behind you then with the coloring. Nothing against gray hair, but for me, not in my 50's and not with waist length hair!;)

Well I am only 48 but I have two teens so I guess its escelarated:D

sirrahbed
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I voted light brown though grew up as a blonde. I still tend to think of myself as a blonde. I keep both highlights and lowlights in it so it is actually all shades from pale blonde to light chocolate brown:)

kuhio98
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Medium brown, I guess. My "real" hair has a lot of red in it. Bobcat says my hair looks like copper wire, ('Course with his Oklahoma accent, it sounds more like copper wahr). :D

Husky_mom
08-02-2009, 12:52 PM
mine is light blonde.. used to be medium blonde to light brown.. sort of in the middle.. with natural highlights of the shade I´m now.. weird.. lol...

I want to make it white.. snow white... and also a few streaks of hot pink or blood red

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Well I am only 48 but I have two teens so I guess its escelarated:D

Ha ha, no kids here, but my mom had 5!:eek: So it has to be hereditary that hers didn't turn early!:D I'm 52 and none yet. I keep swearing little Jake will turn it gray!:p

happylabs
08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Medium brown - my natural color. I'm approaching 70, but have just a few, scattered gray hairs.

You are lucky! I am only 48 and seem to be taking after my father who is completely white haired and has been since he was mid-50's.

Moesha
08-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Red. Naturally. Often people ask me what color it is, meaning what's the name on the bottle. I tell them it just grows out of my head that way. I used to want to color it, but red hair is very temperamental. I was always afraid it would end up green or something.

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I was born with strawberry blonde hair and then it turned blonde. As I got older it went from a dark blonde to more of a light to medium brown. I've been coloring my hair for years now and I use a color called light natural blonde but since my real hair color is darker it ends up being more of a golden blonde. Since you didn't have that option I just put strawberry blonde.

I've been getting more white hairs on my temples and around my bang area lately. My mom became gray fairly early but it took quite a while for my dad. Both of my younger brothers have more gray in their hair than I do so I'm hoping I take more after my dad. My great Aunt became fully white haired early in life but her hair always looked great. I'm hoping that mine will eventually look as good as hers some day so then I'll just stop coloring it.

davidpizzica
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Since you did not have a choice of Gray I put my natural color of Black. My hair has grayed steadily over the last 30 years. It is now about 90% gray as is my mustache & goatee.

Kokopup, I think we look a lot alike! My hair is dark brown with a lot of gray through it and the distinguished gray at the temples. My moustache still ha a little brown in it yet, but my goatee is bordering on the Colonel Sanders look!

carole
08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Well my natural colour is a light brownish colour,close to a dark blonde i guess, mixed with quite a bit of gray, i have dark brown,light brown, and blonde highlights by loreal, they are ones that blend in with the gray, the one luxury i treat myself to every three months or so at the hairdressers.

I was a golden blonde as a child and went darker over the years, to a light to med brown.

RICHARD
08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Where?:d

Barbara
08-03-2009, 02:54 AM
I wanted to say "funky color" as you do not have gray in your list. It's dark brown (my natural color) with lots of gray. I feel my hair is too think to color it. I have seen women with thin hair (so you see the skin where it's parted) and beginning of white- as the color grows out and then blond or red or whatever and it just looks awful. So I better opt for regular cuts and no color.

Laura's Babies
08-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I was a white headed child, a natural blond as an adult and now just about ALL natural gray/sliver. I keep thinking I should color it so I won't look so old but I think it is pretty, the gray with silver streaks.

catnapper
08-03-2009, 08:06 AM
OOOPS! Sorry about grey! I knew I was missing a color, but couldn't think of what it was! I should have known.... the reason for the thread was my dye-job that hid all the greys! :D

I'm about 50% grey and only in my mid-thirties. I've been grey since 20. So I'm jealous of those who are in their 50's and 60's with little or none. :o

mruffruff
08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
White/gray streaks. Naturally.

And I really don't mind. I get strangers complimenting me when I'm in a line at the grocery store or restaurant. (I don't think it's THAT great, but OK).

I was a white blonde at 4, turned into a light brown and darkened as I aged. I tried an auburn dye once. When I stopped using the dye, I had faintly pink hair:eek: Now I just can't be bothered with the hassle of touch ups; I let go and let God.

Sometimes I wish I could be..................................something that looks younger!:D

Kirsten
08-03-2009, 01:10 PM
I voted "black", because that is how I dye it most of the time. Currently, it's "dark cherry", and sometimes I would dye it dark brown, but most of the time, it's black.

My natural color btw has originally been blonde, but turned into an undefinable mess when I was about twenty. Haven't seen my natural color for decades, who knows, maybe it has turned to grey meanwhile! LOL

Kirsten

cali
08-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Im a natural Red head...everyone is obbessed with my hair colour, ever since I was little, every random stranger "OMG I LOVE your hair!" or "ooo...I love your hair, can I touch it?!" or "what a beautiful shade of red" or "you remind me of Molly Ringwald" grreeeaaattt lol

sparks19
08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I chose strawberry blonde but it's more of a reddish light brown color. sometimes I can't tell WHAT color it is

ramanth
08-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Medium brown with natural highlights from the sun with lots of white/gray hairs sprinkled in. :D

I plan on having it colored to a darker brown at the end of the month.

M&M's Mommy
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Being Asian, I have black hair..

now it's naturally highlighted with some grey :)

cassiesmom
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
It's brown. Just brown. Nothing special. Sometimes when I spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer it gets a little bit red-ish brown, but right now it's pretty bleah. I'm also long overdue for a good haircut (I'm stalling to save money) so my hair is looking pretty bad right now.

Suki Wingy
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Medium/ dark brown. :( It's been the same color for over 7 months because of my job. It used to be pretty much every color of the rainbow. I have red, neon green, and neon yellow dye waiting for me for the few weeks of down time between when my current job/internship ends and I finally find a new one.

Andie
08-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Ok my hair is driving me crazy. Yes, I know, it's such a woman thing to say. ;)

But I feel like I'm the horse of a 1,000 colors over here. (Ok, it is only 3)

Light Blonde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Andie2001/Misc/Misc001.jpg

Golden Blonde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Andie2001/Misc/Misc002.jpg

Brown
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Andie2001/Misc/Misc003.jpg

So after work today it's getting dyed. Bye bye blonde moments.

wolf_Q
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Uhh I put down light brown as the color. I don't really know, its darker brown underneath not because of dying it but because of it being lightened by the sun over the years. Overall I think it looks light brown though. I do lighten just the hair in the front that is blonde right now.

neko1
08-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Just got back from the hairdressers yesterday- I decided to go black with dark purple highlights. I'm also going to get a few funky colored extensions put in:love:

Zippy
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Dark Brown but sometimes I dye it red

karyn674
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm naturally a brunette.

When I was in my 20's I've been all through the crazy colours: blk with purple or pink. Once even blonde with pink tips (have to post a picture someday!!!!)

Now in my mid 30s I'm sort of feeling best in my natural col. that is dark brown with white natural highlights ;)!!!!! I had my first white hair in primary school at about 7. Now I can count a lot more then my 10 fingers!!!! But I'm kind of feeling good this way and don't want to start dying it again!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=175&pictureid=1504

Andie
08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Dyed my hair Friday night and :love:. Think it's going to stay this for a loooooooong while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Andie2001/Misc/newhair.jpg

ChrisH
08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Blonde as a child changing to a mousey brown as I grew but as soon as I was old enough to get my hands on a dye or bleach it all changed. During my long lifetime my hair has been many, many colours, brown, red, black, white, even pink, blue and green. My all time favourite though was the streaked silver during my thirties and now I have that for real, though streaked through grey not blonde. My hairdresser calls me the silver fox. :) I'm very happy with that title and it's no more dyes for me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/no.gif