PDA

View Full Version : Meet Zeke, My Son's New Puppy! Cuteness Overload Warning!!

Twisterdog
08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
This is Zeke. Cute beyond words, truly.

My son brought him home from a friend's house. These young girls took the starving mother and a litter of nine starving puppies from their crack-head neighbor. I was NOT happy about a puppy in the house, but what could I say, really? He has known nothing but dogs and rescue since he was born. Plus, he is eighteen, and he will take Zeke with him when he moves out. (Not that it will happen any time soon, I'm guessing.) So, while I was NOT in the market for a puppy of questionable adult size and parentage, I have to say I'm proud of my son for trying to help a puppy.

The mother dog is now at the humane society. My son is working there now, and he talked his friends into surrendering her. She is so sweet!

No idea what the dad is, but my guess is springer spaniel or maybe border collie. You won't believe what the mom is though ... a brindle pit bull! Seriously.

Will trade puppy-breath fix for housetraining services. :cool:

Grace
08-01-2009, 09:49 PM
What a doll!!

He's adorable - and your son is to be commended for his rescue work :)

boomersooner
08-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Good for your son! You should be proud!! The pup is adorable!!! I love it when puppies are sleeping on their beds with their heads on the floor....why do they do that? I know Boomer did.....He's a doll!!! Keep sending pictures this way!

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2009, 05:54 AM
What a cutie! :D Good for your son! :cool:

Daisy and Delilah
08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Please tell your son from me that he is a wonderful person!! I love to see young people already loving animals. That is one adorable little guy!!! He is precious. He does look like he might have some BC or Springer Spaniel in him. Best of luck to Zeke and your son!! They're gonna have a great life together.:)

Husky_mom
08-02-2009, 12:47 PM
awwwwww!!!!... he´s so cute!!!.. I so want to cuddle him....

Freedom
08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Goo for those 2 girls saving mom and her litter, and kuos to your son for helping.

As for Zeke -- keep your camera handy, we want to see lots of this baby as he grows! What a cutie.

And for one who was starving, I think in one photo I see a bit of a pot belly, lol, the puppy kind!

cassiesmom
08-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Congratulations and welcome, Zeke adorable puppy and your hoomin, a caring young man!! I wish you a loooooooong, fun-filled and happy life together!

Twisterdog
08-02-2009, 09:19 PM
And for one who was starving, I think in one photo I see a bit of a pot belly, lol, the puppy kind!

Yeah, he made up for lost time very quickly! When we got him you could see his ribs, back bone and hip bones. :( It took him about a week to look like a roly poly puppy! He does NOT miss a meal, or any crumb he can beg off of someone.

Varga
08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
He is too cute for words!
It will be interesting to see what he looks like when he's fully grown :) It's fun to think that he might be a border collie mix. Pit bull and border collie... I don't think I've ever seen that before haha.
Kudos to your son (and you ;)) for taking this baby in and giving him a real home :)

BC_MoM
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Border Collie's can have white faces, but he doesn't look pure. I definitely see some BC, though! Spring Spaniel is possible too, but can they have white faces?

His face makes me want to say maybe some American Bulldog?

Twisterdog
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Border Collie's can have white faces, but he doesn't look pure. I definitely see some BC, though! Spring Spaniel is possible too, but can they have white faces?

His face makes me want to say maybe some American Bulldog?

I actually am not seeing any border collie now that is growing a bit. I am seeing springer, especially in his ears. The white half of his face, and his little pink rimmed eye, look pit to me. We'll see. He is big doofus, that's for sure!

blue
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Either way, thats gonna be a handsome guy.

MonicanHonda
08-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Aww, what an adorable puppy. Your son is awesome. :) I wish my mother would have been as cool as you when I used to live with her. Lol I was lucky to have the dog I had. LOL

Twisterdog
08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Aww, what an adorable puppy. Your son is awesome. :) I wish my mother would have been as cool as you when I used to live with her. Lol I was lucky to have the dog I had. LOL

Thanks, but I doubt my son would agree with you. I'm sure he could think of a million reason why I'm very uncool. :p