PDA

View Full Version : Texas librarians bare skin...in calendar to raise money for disaster re

Catty1
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090729/koddities/odd_tattooed_librarians

Texas librarians bare skin, show wild side in calendar to raise money for disaster relief

Wed Jul 29, 7:07 PM

By Kelley Shannon, The Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas - So much for the stereotype. Texas librarians are baring their skin and revealing their tattoos - all to raise disaster relief money to help damaged libraries.

Photos of the librarians and their body art appear in a new calendar sold by the Texas Library Association. Librarian Shawne Miksa says it's a way to get people to notice library issues. As the model for November 2010, she shows off Chinese characters on her lower back that mean "wisdom" and "desire."

The "Tattooed Ladies of TLA" 18-month calendar is a follow-up to the successful "Men of Texas Libraries" calendar, which raised $9,000 to help libraries damaged by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The TLA says libraries thrive on promoting diversity and free expression and the calendar exhibits that spirit.

-

Texas Library Association: www.txla.org

RICHARD
07-29-2009, 11:07 PM
This really puzzles me.

There are no un-tatttooed women in Texas that work at libraries?

Jenn?

-----------

Who was the charity-dream a wish?- that wouldn't take the money made from bikini car washes?

But, the state of Texas will take 9k from tatted librarians?

Wait, what is going on here?

TX has a sense of humor.

These charities are way too uppity about where the money comes from to give people chance.

Me? Who cares about a tattoo. If it comed to that.......Do a bikini calendar?

Librarians aren't hot?

What's more interesting?

A lower back tattoo of a sundial or some hottie in a 'kini, riding a Jet Ski?

"Yeah, nice tattoo, But let's do some 'ski, drink beer after and you let me see your Dewey Decimal?

THAT'S HOT!

boomersooner
07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, this is one Texas school librarian who has no tattoos and this body would NOT sell calendars!! LOL

RICHARD
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes, this is one Texas school librarian who has no tattoos and this body would NOT sell calendars!! LOL

But, can you ride a Jet Ski? Us dudes like our librarians ACTIVE!:D

blue
07-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Besides Librarians are flat out sexy.

kokopup
07-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Looks like librarians baring it all is becoming a trend. PT Jenn_librarian may have started this whole thing. Don't know if jenn has any tattoos though. Pet Talk could get our own librarian calender going and they can show their own -------(cats).

boomersooner
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Well, let's just say I've been to some state conferences....don't think you would want to see too many of them on jet skis....clothed or not!! LOL

lvpets2002
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
:) Hey us Texas women do know how to raise money right.. Ok I have Tattoos = but I am not a librarian.. Also I dont think I would be a good bare all model for a calendar..:D