PDA

View Full Version : Elmo Live

sparks19
07-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Anyone seen this toy?

OMG lol... there is a reason they call it Elmo Live. it's like having a real life elmo right there in front of you.

Now this is a $60 toy. Hannah LOVES Elmo ... absolutely adores him. So we were going to get this for her birthday. We found it today in Florida on sale for $40 so we snagged it right away. But the batteries were dead so we wanted to make sure it worked (and I wanted to play with it LOL). So we took it out of the box and replaced all the batteries and sure enough it works. So since I am a sucker we let Hannah play with it.

She is in LOVE. She has been dragging him around all day and wanted to take him to bed with her at bedtime.

This thing tells stories, jokes, sings, dances, moves like the real thing, when you pinch his nose he even makes a silly toot sound lol. It does everything. When it tips over elmo stops whatever action he is performing and says "UH OH Elmo Fell over. Can you help Elmo up please?" So Hannah will pick him up and put him back on his feet and he says "THANK YOU. You are Elmo's BEST friend"

It's amazing. it does everything and then some. I wouldn't put it past this toy to do my dishes lol. I know... $60 for a toy ( although we only paid $40). it's just a toy right? not to Hannah. this is her real live walking talking elmo. her very own elmo. She is in Love with him. She's just been hugging him all ... day.... long. and giving him kisses. It's very sweet... well worth the money and then some.

I will have to get some pics of her with him tomorrow.

Anyone else seen one? they are pretty dang cool LOL

caseysmom
07-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Way back when my kids were small my mom got them a rocken elmo or something like that, it was pretty darn cute.

Just be glad Hannah isn't into barney, barney was it when my kids were little, we even went to a barney concert:eek:

Puckstop31
07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Way back when my kids were small my mom got them a rocken elmo or something like that, it was pretty darn cute.

Just be glad Hannah isn't into barney, barney was it when my kids were little, we even went to a barney concert:eek:

From just about the moment we found out Tanya was pregnant.... This has been my recurring nightmare.

PRAISE GOD she does not like Barney. I can handle the Sesame Street stuff. LOL

Husky_mom
07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
just reading your story was well worth it.. canīt wait to see Hannah with her buddy..awwww...

and yes, Barney, itīs every parents nightmare.... thank God we never had that encounter....

lvpets2002
07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
:) Oh now you all stop picking on Purple Barney.. Just because he sounds a wittle fruity.. :p Ok we will be waiting on the video of Elmo & Hannah..:D

AdoreMyDogs
07-29-2009, 01:19 PM
We got Quinn Elmo Live for Christmas last year, and unfortunately didn't get any sort of deal on it so we paid full price. It says over 200 words. Its' an awesome toy. She's had it since Christmas and it still works great and she still loves it. The only downside....OMG the batteries! Soooo many batteries!

And Puckstop, I fear Quinn will like Barney too. I love Sesame Street, as well as just about any other kids learning programs but I just can't stand Barney and it seems she might be taking a liking to that show. She still won't watch TV but when Barney happens to come on, she stops what she's doing and watches for a little while. She also started singing the Barney song. It just figures the one show I really don't like, she seems to like.

Alysser
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I've seen a few commercials for Elmo Live, it looks quite entertaining for a baby/toddler LOL. :D Apparently my favorite toy ever was a tickle me elmo, except I don't remember ANYTHING about that. :rolleyes:

sumbirdy
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
When we went to Delaware for Christmas my nephew Eli had one. Nathan played with it for about 10 minutes and then was no longer interested. Which is strange because he LOVES Elmo. Elmo's world is the only thing he'll sit down to watch. I'm glad Hannah likes hers.