PDA

View Full Version : I was really trying to call for pizza?

RICHARD
07-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Cat rings 999

A cat sparked a full-scale emergency after stepping on a phone and dialling 999.

Watson, a one-year-old Bengal, trod on the handset and then somehow hit the redial button four times.

Police raced to the address and spotted a smashed vase when they peered through a window. Fearing a burglary they broke down the door, reports The Sun.

Owner Lauren O'Shea, 23, an animal nursing assistant, said: "A friend saw all commotion at my flat and called me.

"I hurried round there and the police told me they thought there had been a burglary.

"I immediately said, 'I bet it was the cat'. When we first moved in he would play a lot with the phone."

Lauren, of East Preston, West Sussex, added: "When we first moved in, the cat would play with the phone a lot - so we used to try to hide it from him."

Clumsy moggy Watson, who Lauren took from an animal rescue centre, redeemed himself when he won second prize at a Bengal cat show at the weekend.

-------------------------

Are those the only numbers he's called?:eek:

Laura's Babies
07-29-2009, 09:25 AM
How funny! Bet that owner was terribly embarrassed !

catmandu
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
And out of pocket as I am betting that his insurance wont pay for that broken window.
An act of Cat they would say is like an Act Of God!!!
:love::love::love:

Medusa
07-30-2009, 10:30 AM
When I had an answering machine, my Creamsicle would constantly walk across it, pressing buttons and I'd hear "You have ___ messages!" Thankfully, I signed up for voice mail shortly thereafter and got rid of the machine. Maybe Watson will call a lonely cats line next. ;)