PDA

View Full Version : A really sad day...

carole
07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Most of you will remember my most recent posts with pictures and stories about my friend Jane's kitten Harvey, who she rescued as a tiny feral outside a large furniture store called Harvey Norman, hence his name.

It is with extreme sadness and a heavy heart that i tell you Harvey is now at the Rainbow Bridge.

I cannot even bear to tell you how tragically he died, it is too sad for words.

I want you all to know that Jane took Harvey at 10 PM at night to the vets immediately, he underwent surgery which cost over a thousand dollars, but his little heart gave out, they revived him once but the second time Harvey passed away.

This precious baby was only four months old, and my friends whole center of her world,i posted pics recently only taken last week of him, and i cannot even bear to look at them myself.

Jane took it extremely hard, as one would expect, she suffers from depression/anxiety and agrophobia, so i was very concerned for her, she was overwhelmed with grief,she could not even eat monday at all.

For her the only way to help ease her pain, and perhaps stop a deep depression was to get another kitten,so that is what i helped her do yesterday, there are not many around at the moment, due to it not being kitten season, but i found the most gorgeous girl at a pet store , that resembled Harvey a little, she is grey /champagne, a tortie /tabby four month old girl with long hair, she was a stray being found dumped at a child care center and had been in the pet store just a week, she was adorable, very friendly and smoochy, just what Jane needs to help comfort her through her loss, Harvey is not forgotten ,and never will be, he mean't so very much to her,Izzie is not there to fill his boots, or replace him, but she will help Jane come to terms with his passing and to help her through her time of grief.

At a later date i will introduce you all to Izzie, it just does not seem appropriate at the moment.

Please spare a thought for Jane and Harvey, RIP dearest dearest little furbaby, your time here was short, but you were so loved and cared for.

Karen
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
We will say a prayer for her.

Taz_Zoee
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I am in shock! And also in tears.

Please let your friend know that we are here for her (you should get her to join PT). I am so sorry. :(

RIP Harvey

carole
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank you so much, yes i have cried with Jane too, and it is hard just typing it here, i just cannot look at his pics, he was so beautiful and so young,she leads such a busy life i am not sure she would have time to contribute to PT much, but she knows all about you all, i tell her all the time.

This has been so very tough on her, she only lost Duke her dog last week, and she is coping with it all by herself, as hubby is overseas.

The kind words mean a lot.

Casper
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
:( I think I remember seeing pictures of the little guy whilst lurking around the forum.

Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending good vibes and hopes that little Izzie will help her through this difficult time.

phesina
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh, I am so very, very sorry.

Rest in peace, dearest little tiny Harvey. You are so much loved and so much missed.

I lit a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8866252

God bless.

Love,
Pat

davidpizzica
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Carole, my sincere condolences and prayers go out to you, your friend, and Harvey who I'm sure is being looked after by my beloved RB Thai. I'm having trouble typing through tears myself. R.I.P. dear Harvey!

carole
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Thank you all, yes Bro was a tough day here yesterday, but Izzie will help Jane
s heart mend one day at a time, she has settled in well, and is very different in personality to Harvey, but that is good, because she is not a replacement,.

Jane is a slightly better today, she has to go to work so that will help take her mind of it all, and hubby is back on Monday, and a girl she practically adopted, who was a friend of her daughters,who lost both her parents, and was taken in by Jane is coming down for the weekend, so it will be great having human company.

I am sure Jane will cry many more tears for Harvey,the pain won't disappear just because Izzie has arrived, but sweet darling little Izzie will bring her comfort at this distressing time.

Next time i am out there i will take pics of Izzie, she is one gorgeous kitty, as was little Harvey, oh why ,oh why do these things have to happen, so unfair.

I did some research and the name Izzie is of greek origin and it's meaning is GIFT, i think that is so appropriate considering, she is indeed a very special little gift.

Catty1
07-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I am glad to hear that Izzie and her hubby and a friend coming down will help her feel better...but poor, poor little Harvey!

HUGS and wishes for healing; I am sure Izzie will bring a soft smile or two just being herself. :love:

Harvey is pain free now; the vets did all they could....more gentle {{{hugs}}}.:love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Carole. Such a sad story. My thoughts and prayers are heading that way. {{{{{JANE}}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
07-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Hopefully Izzie will help to heal some of your freinds pain. RIP sweet Harvey.:(

Medusa
07-29-2009, 08:00 AM
RIP Harvey. You brought your mum comfort but now it's time for you to rest your little heart. Another furchild has picked up the torch that you have passed but they'll need to know that you're doing well, so touch in w/them every once in a while. Peace to Jane and her heart, too. :love:

Pinot's Mom
07-29-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this; I wasn't familiar with Harvey, but he was such a wee one, it's so tough! Prayers for him, and to his family Prayers for Peace.

Laura's Babies
07-29-2009, 09:43 AM
It is so sad that she had to loose her babies. My heart goes out to her loosing 2 of them so close together. I hope Izzie can turn things around for her and be a life long companion that warms her heart (and lap).

carole
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I saw Jane today, she is doing a little better, Izzie is really helping her through this tough time, but it still is very raw and hurts a lot, she finds it hard to bring herself to talk about Harvey, hopefully in time she will be able to.

Izzie is one little doll , i will try and get pictures next time i am out there.

Thank you everyone for your loving and kind words, and Mary what you wrote really brought tears to my eyes, what a lovely way to put things, thank you.

Cataholic
07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this. Hugs to your friend at this most difficult time.