PDA

View Full Version : giving away 2 week old kittens...AARRGGHH!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
07-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I was looking through my local newspaper today at the classifieds , and saw an add for "free kittens-2 weeks old" !!! What is wrong with these @#%!!#$% !!! Do they not realise that these kittens need mama kitty for nourishment/teaching ..These poor babies probably just opened their eyes....and if given away at this age will most likely grow up with behavioural issues......then will end up at humane societys. These idiots should just take them now to the humane society , so they can be raised and socialized as best as can be under circumstances.
sorry about venting....but I just couldnt believe what I read. AArrgghhh!:mad:

orangemm
07-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I hope it is a typo...maybe they meant 2 months, not weeks. Idiots.

Karen
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd call, and say - "I assume this is a typo, you're not giving them away at 2 weeks, right? Just wanted to let you know the newspaper made a mistake, after all, I am sure you know a kitten needs to stay with its mother for 2 months, not 2 weeks!"

Taz_Zoee
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I'd call, and say - "I assume this is a typo, you're not giving them away at 2 weeks, right? Just wanted to let you know the newspaper made a mistake, after all, I am sure you know a kitten needs to stay with its mother for 2 months, not 2 weeks!"

That's exactly what I was going to say! (great minds think alike :p)

catmandu
07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Except I would be depressed if it was an idiot who didnt frankly give a damn, and just wanted to get rid of the babies. If they didnt spay the Momma Cat, they cant be all that caring.
:(:(:(

GILL
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
If you don't want to call give me the number and I will.

lvpets2002
07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Thank You John.. Hey why dont we both call.. I would sure hope its a typo.. Also its Illegal as Hell to give away or sell a baby that young.. Lets pray its a typo..
If you don't want to call give me the number and I will.

aTailOf2Kitties
07-28-2009, 04:44 PM
there's always a chance that these kittens just wandered up to the house and the person just doesn't know how to tell their age. I saw that all the time when I worked at the vet.