PDA

View Full Version : Blind dog gets guide dog!

RICHARD
07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Blind collie has his own guide dog

A blind border collie has found a new lease of life - after getting his own guide dog.

Black and white hound Clyde is totally blind and relies on fellow collie Bonnie to guide him everywhere, reports the Daily Telegraph.

She stays inches from Clyde's side while guiding him on walks or to food or water, and lets him rest his head on her haunches whenever he becomes disorientated.

When they are together five-year-old Clyde seems as capable as a fully-sighted dog, but he refuses to move unless two-year-old Bonnie is nearby to guide him.

The inseparable pair were rescued as strays three weeks ago and are now looking for a new home.

Cherie Cootes, 40, at the Meadow Green Dog Rescue centre in Loddon, Norfolk, said Clyde would be lost without Bonnie and the dogs had to be re-homed together.

She said: "If Clyde's unsure where he is he will suddenly go behind her and put his face on her back so she can guide him where he is going.

"He totally relies on her the whole time. When she walks she tends to stop and make sure he's there - she does look out for him.

"When Bonnie's about you wouldn't necessarily notice Clyde is blind, but when she's not about he refuses to move without her. There's absolutely no option of homing them separately - they have to go as a pair.

"She's just so good with him. They really are the most lovely pair of dogs. We've got to find them a home."

-------------------------------

Great story, I hope they get picked up!

lvpets2002
07-27-2009, 09:25 AM
:love: Aweee such a Great Story.. Richard why dont you adopt these two babies?? They would be good for you.. I sure hope they get adopted soon.. They sound so Sweet with each other..

Laura's Babies
07-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Awww! Such a sweet, heartwarming story!

chocolatepuppy
07-27-2009, 10:15 AM
What a nice story. :) Hopefully they'll find a home soon.

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
What a cool story. Those two dogs have to be the most precious thing on earth. I would love to take them myself.:)

Medusa
07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh how sweet! :love:

lizbud
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Which dog is blind? They say the collie & then say the hound is blind????

Whichever it is, I'm glad the dogs have each other & I hope they both
are adopted together. Seems like the pups are really a bonded pair.:)

kokopup
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Here is the link to the story. You can see that Both dogs are Border Collies.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090724/tod-best-pals-the-blind-dog-and-the-guid-870a197.html

Twisterdog
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
For many years I boarded a pair like this ... a completely blind akita and his little guide dog, a Scotty. Their owner taught them nothing, they just begun to guide and follow on their own as the akita became blind.