PDA

View Full Version : Tasha wants to WAVE to all of you!

Freedom
07-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Almost a month ago now, one day Tasha sat up and did the bichon wave -- all by herself! We hadn't been working on learning that or anything even close, she just did it. :woohoo: WELL! THAT deserved a high value treat, so she got a piece of hot dog. Tasha LIKES hot dogs. Need I explain to you what dear Tasha does, morning, noon and night? All day long, when she feels in need of a bit of a snack, there she is waving at me and chattering to get my attention. Took me a while to get the vid for all of you, tonight I did it -- in fact, I took THREE vids ha haaa.

She was sitting peacefully (she had already asked for and received her hot dog treat a few times and was taking a break, so I grabbed the camera):
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/July%2026%20Tasha%20waves%20zucchini/July26Tashawaves004Small.jpg

Here she is! My new little star, and my ONLY bichon who waves: TASHA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevLO-xsvEI

I may have mentioned (a few dozen times!) that Marlin is very food oriented. So he had to join in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZMh7G07BA

And finally, I remembered to mute the television while I was recording:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP6DFl1IS5g

Tasha has started Basic Manners class. Since starting, she has learned: sit, lie down, stand. She already knew "come" and "with me." The instructor has noticed a big change in Tasha each week. It is a huge deal for this mill dog, being in a large room with dogs of all sizes, and humans too, lots of commotion. Clickers -- she is afraid of them and grabbed and cracked mine first time, so I stick with hand signals and verbal commands. But the others are using their clickers, and treating, and SOME of them have very smelly yummy treats! But that means - gasp - she need to approach an unknown human! Everyone in class knows about her background, they are quite patient and good about offering her a treat if she makes any move towards them.

We have one 7 month old Newfoundland (male) in our class. All the other dogs are small in size. He is already 125 pounds and still growing! Tasha is not sure WHAT he is, but she is sure he is terrifying and refuses to get near him.

And Tasha will show off, doing the bichon wave, even in class!

K9karen
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
The peacefulness of the house just exploded when I yelled "OMG!" outloud! First, my smile was so huge, I thought my cheeks would explode when I saw Tasha and her big round eyes!. But when she walked over and did the Wave, I nearly FLIPPED and that's when I yelled! That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I swear I've never seen a dog do the actual WAVE! In my house, that'd mean a whole package of hot dogs. It's the little things in life that make me happy! Oh, and I saw a teeny head tilt too, which means extra treats! I'm so glad you posted your videos! :love:

Freedom
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Now you have ME laughing, ha haa. thanks for the lovely comment, Karen!

blue
07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
THat first vid made me LOL.

chocolatepuppy
07-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh my goodness, how cute!!!:D

cassiesmom
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh, Tasha! The first video ... mom is talking to you at the beginning and you give her the "silly mom" face ... then at about :28 or :29 you give just a split second head tilt ... and the wave ... priceless! Great job, sweetie girl! I am sure you'll learn all the skills in Basic Manners either without the clicker or with it. If I was in your class I would give you loads of treats!

And Marlin Darlin, of course you can help Tasha tell the camera everything that needs to be said!

Wow, that newfie sounds verrrry big, Miss Tasha girl!

CultureJunky
07-28-2009, 10:22 AM
What a clever girl Tasha! I just love your little paws doing the wave. So cute., and Sandra I can see your lovely new flooring in the videos too!

k9krazee
07-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh how cute!! What a smart little girl you have! :D

My Aunt's Pomeranian used to do it all the time. I always thought it was the funniest thing!

lvpets2002
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
:love: Aweee so Cute & Sweet you are Tasha & Molly.. Great Waves & Video..

cyber-sibes
07-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Aw, she's so cute!:D

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh My Goodness!!!! Sandie, that is the most adorable thing on earth!!! I had an audience here too. You have come such a long way with her. She is one little cutie patootie. To train her to wave like that is a miracle to me. Awesome videos!!! I love your accent!!:) :) :)

Marlin is adorable too. He wanted to get in on the action.:D

Freedom
07-28-2009, 07:19 PM
I am glad she is making folk smile, lol.

I did NOT teach her, she just started doing this one day, and I promptly rewarded to encourage her.

Tasha is a really smart dog, it is so much fun having her here, and working with her. Thanks for all the lovely comments.

Terry, I do NOT have an accent, ha haa, just ask any of my neighbors on my street!

Daisy and Delilah
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Forgive me Sandie. Sometimes I wish I could remember what I read two seconds later. I'm such a dip sometimes. :rolleyes: I just can't believe she taught herself that wave!! Amazing!! In the videos she was acting like commands were coming from you. So cool!!

No accent eh? Oh, ok, Sandie, whatever you say.;) ;) ;)

cassiesmom
08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
(waving) Hi, Tasha! How is the basic manners class going? How are you doing with vs. without a clicker, what did your mom decide? Whichever she chooses I am sure you'll do really well!

Your cheering section,
Elyse

Varga
08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh my gosh that was so cute :love: She's a great story teller and that wave can outdo any human queen! haha :D

...Oh and the head tilt! :love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
08-04-2009, 08:03 AM
LOL, thank you Varga!

I smile reading all the comments for my Tasha.

Elyse, we are definitely NOT using the clicker. Training is going well, one class left! I've already signed her up for the next class, in Sept.