PDA

View Full Version : The Most Trusted Newscaster Is....

blue
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.

Link (http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/archive/poll_results_417.html).

Grace
07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
No accounting for some people's taste.

Did you roll over any of the states individually? Iowa - 65% for Couric. Why does Charlie Gibson do so well in Montana and Tennessee?

As for Jon Stewart - I never watch him, so don't know his appeal.

She's not a newscaster, but I like Rachel Maddow. She doesn't talk over guests, she asks intelligent questions, and she has segments that aren't interrupted every 3 seconds for commercials - thus giving guests plenty of time to answer or dig their own grave :)

happylabs
07-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Definitely a joke!

boomersooner
07-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Okay, I honestly don't watch any of the national news shows, but......I remember having GMA on many years ago when Charlie Gibson was host. For some reason, he brought his dog...maybe two...out onto the set.....He forever became my favorite just because of the way he interacted with his pups!! He was gaga over them, and the feeling was mutual!!! Have to trust someone who will hug and kiss his dogs on national TV!!

lizbud
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM
She's not a newscaster, but I like Rachel Maddow. She doesn't talk over guests, she asks intelligent questions, and she has segments that aren't interrupted every 3 seconds for commercials - thus giving guests plenty of time to answer or dig their own grave :)

Did you see the segment with her talking to Pat Buchanan re Sonia
Sotomayor? I've never seen such racial hatred come out of one person's
mouth. I like that Rachel held her own in the discussion. She dismissed
the racial hyperbole for what it was. Pure hatred.

Grace
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Did you see the segment with her talking to Pat Buchanan re Sonia
Sotomayor? I've never seen such racial hatred come out of one person's
mouth. I like that Rachel held her own in the discussion. She dismissed
the racial hyperbole for what it was. Pure hatred.

I didn't take it as hatred - just sheer, unadulterated frustration. Sort of how I felt after the 2000 election and when Clarence Thomas was nominated. I knew the candidate would be a woman, however I do feel there were/are better candidates out there, Kathleen Sullivan for one. The powers that be decided it was the right time for a Hispanic. That's fine.

Pat expressed his opinion, and Rachel disagreed with him. If this had been on O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck or Ingraham, the hosts would have been hauled off in strait-jackets, screaming all the way. That's what I like about Rachel. She keeps her cool.

Taz_Zoee
07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Obviously I do not watch national news. But I thought Jon Stewart was a commedian, not a newscaster. Oops. :o

elizabethann
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Personally, I love Charlie Gibson.

Karen
07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
He IS a comedian, not a newscaster, but he does a "news show" on Comedy Central - it's not meant to be taken seriously, but there's no accounting for what people will believe!

kokopup
07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
quote by karen

He IS a comedian, not a newscaster, but he does a "news show" on Comedy Central - it's not meant to be taken seriously, but there's no accounting for what people will believe!

If you make the establishment look bad then you have got to be trustworthy, Right.

There was a segment where he sparred with Brian Williams on his "News show" and I was surprised at the number of people that actually took the show seriously. Brian has been on the show many times and it is all in fun. They like each other and put on a 'tongue in check' show, which is what "News Show" is. It is no more than a newsy SNL. Both men on their respective normal shows are reading what their writers put on the teleprompter.

catland
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't worry Blue - this is not a real poll. (I was formerly in the market research industry so I am familier with the process).

A real poll would have contacted a cross-section of Americans and would have had quotas for gender, age, and other demographics.

This poll is completely biased towards people who vist the time.com web site and choose to answer the question. They could have posted the poll here at Pet Talk and it would have had the same amount of validity.;)

However, the fact that this is being treated as "news", shows the sorry state of the current media. :rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM

Ok, so I'm not as "out of the loop" as I thought I was. Whew!

kitten645
07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I adore Jon Stewart and watch his show every night. However, he IS a comedian and has REPEATEDLY said so. I must admit that I guess I DO get alot of my news from him only because I cannot STAND the mainstream media. I just can't watch what passes for "news". He does have some great guests as well. I do like Rachel Maddow as well.

replicaprada
07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for your sharingThanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net) - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des
offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !

Edwina's Secretary
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
If you want to know why he is the "Most Trusted Newscaster" just watch the first 12 minutes of this episode of Jon Stewart (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/246920/wed-august-19-2009-tim-gunn)

You don't even need to get nuance!

blue
08-20-2009, 11:30 PM
If you want to know why he is the "Most Trusted Newscaster" just watch the first 12 minutes of this episode of Jon Stewart (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/246920/wed-august-19-2009-tim-gunn)

You don't even need to get nuance!

So do you get all of your news from Comedy Central and SNL?

I dont do nuance because most of the time nuance is absolute and utter BS.