PDA

View Full Version : Shocked, angry, and upset...

Alysser
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
One of my acquaintances died this morning or last night, she was 16 YEARS OLD. SIXTEEN. Her name was Brittany and she was one of the nicest girls I ever met. I've known her since 6th grade and she was one my bus this year and last year. I am in a state of shock, I don't know what to do or how to react. Someone PLEASE tell me how this is fair, if there is a god WHY did he take a nice 16 year old girl who never did anything but loved her friends? I was not even that close with her but I randomly would talk to her about stuff on the bus and things of that nature.

Rest in peace, Brittany, you should NOT have died this young. :( :love:

pomtzu
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
So sorry to read this. Unfortunately, death is not reserved for the old. Even tho she was taken so young, she will remain forever young in the hearts and minds of those she touched in this life. My condolences to her loved ones and friends.

RIP Brittany.

MoonandBean
07-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Awww...so sorry to hear that! I posted something yesterday that might be good for you to read today. I will post it here too. HUGS to you.

This is something we should all read at least once a week,
>
>
> Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain
> Dealer,Cleveland, Ohio.
>
> "To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45
> lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column
> I've ever written.
>
> My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the
> column once more:
>
> 1. Life isn't fair, but it's still
> good.
>
> 2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
>
> 3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
>
> 4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.
> Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
>
> 5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
>
> 6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to
> disagree.
>
> 7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying
> alone.
>
> 8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
>
> 9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
>
>
> 10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
>
> 11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the
> present.
>
> 12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
>
> 13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no
> idea what their journey is all about.
>
> 14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't
> be in it.
>
> 15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But
> don't
> worry; God never blinks.
>
> 16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
>
> 17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or
> joyful.
>
> 18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you
> stronger.
>
> 19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But
> the second one is up to you and no one else.
>
> 20. When it comes to going after what you love in life,
> don't take no for an answer.
>
> 21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy
> lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is
> special.
>
> 22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
>
> 23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear
> purple.
>
> 24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
>
> 25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
>
> 26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
> 'In five years, will this matter?'
>
> 27. Always choose life.
>
> 28. Forgive everyone everything.
>
> 29. What
> other people think of you is none of your business.
>
> 30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
>
> 31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
>
> 32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
>
>
> 33. Believe in miracles.
>
> 34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of
> anything you did or didn't do.
>
> 35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it
> now.
>
> 36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
>
> 37. Your children get only one childhood.
>
> 38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
>
> 39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
>
>
> 40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone
> else's, we'd grab ours back.
>
> 41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
>
>
> 42. The best is yet to come.
>
> 43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
>
> 44. Yield.
>
>
> 45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a
> gift."
>
>

happylabs
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Here is my take on this. It seems as though God has a plan for us all. When someone is taken at a tender young age, they are needed in Heaven for something. It never seems random. It always seems like there is something special about the chosen ones who are still young and seem to have had so much more life to live. I know it must be very difficult for you though. Try to keep in mind that God has a special plan for all of us.

Taz_Zoee
07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
I am so sorry Alyssa. This is so shocking! Death is horrible at any age, but the younger the person the more unfair it seems.

Hugs to you and condolences to her family and friends.

moosmom
07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Alyssa,

I'm so sorry for your precious loss. Things happen for a reason, honey. We may never know the reason. But yet they do happen. Hang in there and know that we are here for you.

RIP Brittany. :love:

caseysmom
07-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I am so sorry that is pretty hard on everyone involved.{{{..hugs..}}}.

lvpets2002
07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
:( My thoughts as well.. RIP Brittany

Now may I ask how did this girl die?? Was she sick or did she have a car wreck??
So sorry to read this. Unfortunately, death is not reserved for the old. Even tho she was taken so young, she will remain forever young in the hearts and minds of those she touched in this life. My condolences to her loved ones and friends.

RIP Brittany.

Hellow
07-23-2009, 03:20 PM
It was her time to go. Have faith in the God above to keep her safe, and he will.

So sorry that this had to happen to you.

popcornbird
07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Death is always tragic and heartbreaking for the loved ones left behind, regardless how old or young the deceased is. It always hurts. It always makes us shed tears. But the question regarding fairness...death is not something that can be called 'unfair'.

We human beings are just that...human beings. We did not create the world. We did not create the universe. We have no knowledge of that sort. We have no right to question God's decisions, because He is the One who put us here to begin with. The One who created us has the full right to call us back to Him whenever He wishes. God never said we will all die old...but He did say we will ALL taste death. Death is not a punishment. It is the way we move from one life to the next. We will all go through that at some time or the other. We will all die at some point, whether we like it or not. That is not our decision, and we are in no place to question it.

I understand your grief and pain, and I understand how hard it is. I lost my own cousin when he was just 15. The grief is there for those left behind, and it is far from easy, but do keep in mind that we are all headed in that direction, one day we will all leave this world, and there is truly no injustice in that. God is the Most Just and the Most Fair, and he does no injustice to anyone. It's jus that we don't always understand His wisdom behind everything that happens in life.

May God grant you and all those who loved your friend the patience to get through this time of difficulty.

carole
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I am extremely sad and sorry for your loss, to read of such a beautiful young girl loosing her life, no matter how, is tragic,i have no answers as to why my darling, and it is so unfair, i hope we can all give you a little comfort here, just knowing we are here for you and sharing your loss, take care and giant hugs, RIP Brittany and my sincere condolences to her family and all her friends.

ramanth
07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( Will keep you and her family and friends in my thoughts.

Laura's Babies
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
When my son was taken at the age of 17, I realized God had only loaned him to me for a little while. He was needed back in Heaven so he was called Home and it was hard on those he left behind. Think of it this way, you now know there is a beautiful angel in Heaven that you know personally. Ask her to help God watch over you and to help you accept that she has gone Home.

((((HUGS)))) to you for your loss.

Alysser
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Like I said, she wasn't really my friend, more of an accquaintance. Now, I just wish I had known her better. I just am in shock because I know she was so nice and sweet. She always smiled or waved at me in the hallways..she was just amazing. I don't get why this happened. I have no idea how she died, all I know was it was not a car accident. I just wish now I'd known her better, it's just too late now. I've certainly learned something from this..you just never know what is going to happen.

I'm not a religious person, only to an extent. I like to believe in heaven. I don't know what to believe anymore. I can't believe this happened, I truely can't. EVERY single time I saw her, literally she was always smiling. She sat RIGHT across from me on the bus. RIP :(

Thank you for the replies guys, everyone in my town is shocked. It's just so weird.

Something I found on Facebook that put in perspective exactly how I feel right now and ...ugh it's a shock:

Even though I may have not known this girl she was 16. She was my neighbor, whom i did not know lived near me. when i first heard she had passed on, i turned the other shoulder. I recently put this in perspective of how everyone takes life for granted. she was 16 and barely experienced life at all, then i felt sick. just think about how she was with us yesterday. All i ask is that you appriciate life, and live like today was your last. Everyday is a new life to a wise man. I will never get the oppurtunity to meet this girl but i wish i had.

Think about how many people she has affected. Her family, friends and even simply accuaintances. Everyone will mourn her death, she was so young and it was not fair. Im not religious, but i do not disbelieve in an afterlife or higher power, but she has no more worries, may she Rest in peace.

This was written by one of her neighbors on a wall post..

Medusa
07-24-2009, 06:05 AM
When one dies so young, it's difficult to make sense of it. We look for the fairness in a situation and when we can't find it, we become angry and upset as the title of your thread states. I've chosen the scripture "Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all" as my signature not because I'm a particularly religious person but because it helps me to make sense of things when it feels as though life has singled me out for misfortune. Try to take comfort in knowing that God was w/your friend in her last moments on earth. We are never alone even though sometimes it may feel as though we've been abandoned. (((HUGS))) to you from Ohio. :love:

Queen of Poop
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
I know it's hard to accept and understand when someone so young is taken away. I still don't understand why he had to take my 16 year old sister and my 17 year old brother. I've felt guilty for a good number of years now. I try to rationalize that they were needed elsewhere, for some higher purpose.

Sending healing thoughts to you and her family.

Alysser
07-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Her wake is tomorrow, and me and 3 friends are going to pay our respects. My parents keep telling me not to go, and they are really not trying to be heartless jerks but I think they want to shield me from it. I need to go, not only to pay my respects, but I feel I need to face reality too. The reality that no one is invincible and no one can live forever. :( RIP britt, I'm still kinda shocked by this. :love:

blue
07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I need to go, not only to pay my respects, but I feel I need to face reality too.

Very good reasons to go.

caseysmom
07-25-2009, 10:23 PM
I think your right, I think it will help you deal with the shock of the whole thing. Big hugs hon, I am glad you will have your friends with you.

Queen of Poop
07-25-2009, 10:36 PM
You need to go, her family will need to see her friends there. It will be difficult for you, but they will appreciate it. Trust me, I've been there, twice.

Medusa
07-26-2009, 06:44 AM
You need to go, her family will need to see her friends there.

That is so true. It's such a comfort when you've lost a loved one and you see friends, family, acquaintances and people you don't even know who are there to pay their respects. It's very comforting. PT prayers will go w/you.

gini
07-26-2009, 11:01 AM
I need to go, not only to pay my respects, but I feel I need to face reality too. .

This is a very mature response and I am happy you and your friends have decided to go. It will mean so much to her family to see her friends at the wake.

I hope that you are comforted by being there.

Here are some hugs from the west coast {{{{ }}}}:love:

Alysser
07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I went to her wake yesterday and needless to say it was emotional, although I didn't cry because I just can't bring myself to cry in front of other people. The rumors circulating her death appear to be true, and I'm BEYOND disgusted with humanity right now. I cannot believe the rumors are true. I don't want to post what happened for privacy reasons to the family but if anyone wants to know they may PM me. I don't know how anyone can live with themselves, and I don't understand how people can do such a terrible thing. I hope whoever was involved burns in the fiery depths of hell for all eternity. :mad::mad: I just cannot even begin to think about the evil lives some people lead...!

I came home yesterday and just sat there for awhile wondering why people suck and why people do what they do. I cried, not only for her death, just because I cannot believe what has happened. I'm shocked, yet again, and completely sick to my stomach.

I am sorry for the venom in my posts..I am just shocked. When a death happens, a natural one, it's sad but when something as dispicable and vile as this happens...it just hits you, especially if it's someone you know.