PDA

View Full Version : Bacon for blue

Grace
07-23-2009, 10:56 AM
And anyone else who has an all-abiding passion for bacon.

I happened upon this site (http://shop.neatorama.com/product-info.php?bacon-jelly-beans-pid212.html) yesterday.
From jelly beans to air fresheners - something for everyone :)

pomtzu
07-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I like bacon too - but...............

YUK!

happylabs
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I love bacon! I cannot be trusted to have it in my house because I would eat half a pack in one sitting. Same with Oreos.

How about you try the bacon jelly beans and let us know how they are? :D

lvpets2002
07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
:) Yup this is just a bit over doing the bacon thing.. I will keep my bacon simple & just fry & eat..

lvpets2002
07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
:) I forgot to tell you all about the Bacon IceCream.. Ok I was watching Andrew Zimmerman the other day.. He was somewhere overseas & a chef was showing how to make this.. You put alot of brown sugar on top of the bacon strips & grill until the bacon is done.. Then you break into small pieces & blend into your homemade ice-cream.. They said it was very yummy.. It does kind of sound good..

Grace
07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
:) I forgot to tell you all about the Bacon IceCream.. Ok I was watching Andrew Zimmerman the other day.. He was somewhere overseas & a chef was showing how to make this.. You put alot of brown sugar on top of the bacon strips & grill until the bacon is done.. Then you break into small pieces & blend into your homemade ice-cream.. They said it was very yummy.. It does kind of sound good..

I like bacon, but think I'll pass on this :)

Have any of you tried the bacon in the box? I use it for BLTs, 'cause it fixes so quickly, without the splattering mess on my stove.

RICHARD
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
:D
I like bacon, but think I'll pass on this :)

Have any of you tried the bacon in the box? I use it for BLTs, 'cause it fixes so quickly, without the splattering mess on my stove.

Wha?????

I can't find it on the InterWeb!!!!

Happy,
Bacon and Oreos at the same time?;):D

blue
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
If I ever see those Ill buy them and post up a review.

Grace are you talking about the precooked bacon from Oscar Meyer?

Grace
07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
If I ever see those Ill buy them and post up a review.

Grace are you talking about the precooked bacon from Oscar Meyer?

Hi, blue! I'm so glad you found this. The minute I saw those bacon jelly beans, I thought of you. And then the rest of it . . . . .

Yes, the Oscar Meyer bacon. I know - it's not like cooking your own on the stove. But in the summer, when it's hot, it's a great substitute. And you can munch on them right out of the box - as a snack :)

blue
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Never thought about eating it right out of the box, dang it now Im hungry.

blue
07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Do Not Use an open grill to cook bacon!!

Grace
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Why?

blue
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Why?

It burns! If you do cook bacon on the grill use tinfoil.

caseysmom
07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
That pre-cooked bacon is great, microwave for a few seconds and you have bacon ready for a BLT, bacon and eggs or just plain bacon.

sirrahbed
08-21-2009, 12:20 PM

THere IS a way!! Put the raw bacon in the bottom of a brown paper bag. fold over the top and then you can put it right on the coals and a bit of flame. Our boys learned this back in scouting days and it is always fun to make:) I don't know why, but it does not catch fire and cooks beautifully. Let us know how it turns out Blue.:p

Pinot's Mom
08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
My husband pointed out to me the other day there's a pound of pepper crusted bacon in the 'fridge; fresh lettuce and tomatoes in the planters on the deck....do you think he was hinting at something?;)

As far as the bacon jelly beans...I think not.:p

lizbud
08-21-2009, 05:17 PM
WE are having our State Fair for the last week or so, and they feature
a different unusual food item every time. This Fair has chocolate covered
bacon.:eek: I thought about this thread.:)