PDA

View Full Version : We have MORE babies

sparks19
07-22-2009, 11:02 PM
yep... we have MORE baby birds.

We have a little birdhouse out back shaped like a boot that was actually here before we even moved in. I noticed the other day there was a tiny little bird in there. I think it is a wren but not sure

Anyway the other day when I noticed her I checked and dint' see any babies and didn't hear anything but ALL day today Belle has been OBSESSING over this nest. She won't leave it alone. she can just ALMOST reach it with her nose if she stands on her very tip toes on her back feet... and man does she TRY. She is obsessed.

so I figured i would go out and check again and sure enough I heard this itty bitty barely audible "cheep cheep cheep" but I am way too short so I asked Brian to go and look inside.

sure enough there are two itty bitty babies inside. so sweet. Just wfter our robins had flown the coop. they left this morning... theyw ere there yesterday and gone today. Now we have a brand new set of babies.

I guess they figure the dogs keep them safe from anything that can climb trees and mess with their babies lol

Grace
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Isn't it fun :)

We used to put up boxes for bluebirds, and one year they hatched 16 babies over the space of 6 months.

Another time a tree swallow pair nested in one of the boxes - the most beautiful nest I have ever seen. Neat as a pin, and lined with feathers. Even after the kids flew the coop, it was still pretty.

Taz_Zoee
07-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Awww. :D

My parents have birds that makes nests on the back porch. They noticed the twigs and things kept falling down from the ledge so my dad went out and nailed a small piece of wood up so the nest would stay up there. :) There's actually one on each end of the patio.