PDA

View Full Version : Finally had the children christenened...

PayItForward
07-22-2009, 06:09 PM
...I am ready to have a relationship with God.

But I am wondering if I feel this way, just because I now have children ? What do you think ?

Karen
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Maybe now because you want them to have a relationship with God as well! Or because you suddenly are responsible for human lives other than your own, and it's a lot of responsibility! Have Someone to talk to can help!

Laura's Babies
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Whatever the reason, if it is time, then do it! Congratulations!

RICHARD
07-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Doesn't hitting a child in the head with a bottle hurt them?:eek:;)

My mom was an "old tyme catholic". She would constantly rag on my sibs to have their kids baptized/christened. It's a basic desire of many parents to protect their children- insurance, health care, schooling........

You are taking another step towards doing what you think is best for the little ones.

God is different to everyone. Sometimes we need a little anchor or foundation to make us realize that we cannot take care of ALL the needs of the ones we must protect.

That's when we hit our knees and let the BIG GUY take over.

You were thinking about this for a while and now you have had that 'burden' taken off your shoulders?:)

Good for you and the little ones.

boomersooner
07-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Good for you!! It is so nice to know you can share your burdens. Congratulations!!!!

kimlovescats
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations! :love:

Freedom
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Great news! Congrats.

lvpets2002
07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
:) This is Great & Many Congrats..

Richard you really did not mean it = about the hitting with the bottle on the head = did you??

pomtzu
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
:)

Richard you really did not mean it = about the hitting with the bottle on the head = did you??

I think he was comparing this to christening a ship - you know - they break a bottle of champagne across the bow?? :D

RICHARD
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I think he was comparing this to christening a ship - you know - they break a bottle of champagne across the bow?? :D

Yes, that is what I meant, but I did not mean it, literally! Growing up Catholic I always have had that little 'picture' in my head!

lvpets2002
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
:o Oh Oh I see now.. I am also understanding you better too Richard..
Yes, that is what I meant, but I did not mean it, literally! Growing up Catholic I always have had that little 'picture' in my head!

sirrahbed
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Good for you and your family. I also had no real interest or time for God until I had small children. Whatever the reason, I now know that God wants relationship with all of us and tugs at our hearts in whatever way works. Now I see that my children have grown up with this relationship and I am so reassured!! Blessing to you and your family:love: