PDA

View Full Version : back to the vets for chewy :(

Aspen and Misty
09-30-2002, 04:10 PM
I will be takeing Chewy back to the vets tonight. We were playing and he started to bleed form the mouth and I was like O yea!!! He lost another tooth but when I looked in his mouth all his teeth were still there! I was like huh? Well, he has a large red bump, the size of a pretty large pimple, it is blood red. I called them to ask if they noticed it and if he was eating over the weekend and they said I need to bring him in to have him looked at. So bake to the vets for Chewy. But this time he will be comeing home :D :D :D

Ashley

PS: Lets hope and pray its nothing

Cincy'sMom
09-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Poor Chewy! We will be praying it is nothing!

Is the bump in his mouth or outside of it? Cincy get pimples and has one on her face right now, but they have never bled.

Tina
09-30-2002, 04:30 PM
I really hope Chewy will be ok.

FloppsyLadySally54
09-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Oh my god!! Poor Chewy!!:(

Aspen and Misty
09-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Chewy's "pimple" is on teh inside of his mouth. It seems to cause him alot of pain. :( We'll be going to the vets as soon as my mom gets home.

Ashley

PS: I leave Chewy for a weekend and he out grows his collar so he has to wear his Uncle Teddy's collar to the vets then off to the pet store we go to buy him a new one. :D

tatsxxx11
09-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Oh, not again Chewy:( Poor pupster! Hope you're home in a flash and feeling lots better!

Aspen and Misty
09-30-2002, 07:05 PM
WHat it was was one of his adult teeth was pushing on his gums and made it apear that there was a lump there. Well all is fine and it was just a tooth. But Better safe then sorry :D

Ash

anna_66
09-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear that's all it was:)
Take care Chewy!!

wolf_Q
09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Glady Chewy is ok!! I looked down at Nebo last night and his mouth was bleeding too, his tongue was bright red. I took a closer look and another tooth had fallen out. The toy he was playing with was covered in blood. Ew. I had to wash it off.

Cookiebaker
09-30-2002, 09:38 PM
Whew Chewy, you sure know how to scare your poor Mom alright!! Silly dog!! But I'm glad your OK!

On the subject of teeth, 3 of Malone's incisors(?)--the tall ones at the front of his mouth--the new ones are completely grown in next to the old ones, and the old ones aren't even loose or anything! His gums are all swollen around the base of them. I am keeping a close watch on them, and hopefully the old ones will loosten up soon!! I tried brushing his teeth again tonight without much success. He licks constantly (can't get the brush anywhere near his teeth until all the toothpaste has been licked off), and then he bites the brush (with my finger inside ow!). Mark had to hold him down, but he still wasn't very happy.

wolf_Q
10-01-2002, 01:50 AM
I've noticed that Nebo has had a few of the new teeth grow in with the old ones still in place also. I'm sure Malone's old ones will fall out eventually, although I bet it doesn't feel too good right now!

I've been attempting the teethbrushing thing with Nebo for quite a while too. I have a set that has a long toothbrush with a small brush on one side and a big one on the other end. It also came with one of those finger brushes. I think it's by D.D.S. (doggy dental solution? something like that). The toothpaste smells like mint, unlike Reggie's...which smells awful lol. I used the finger brush at first, but all he wanted to do was bite my finger (hard!). Then I moved onto the small end of the brush. It worked ok, then one day I decided to try the big end! MUCH better! This is what I do: I get him to sit in a corner, and I sit in front of him. I have a bottle of doggy mints (also by D.D.S--got them at Wal-mart). I brush one side of his mouth (trying to keep his mouth mostly shut).......its much faster with a larger brush....then I give him a dog mint as a treat. Then I brush the other side and front, and I give him another dog mint after that. He's ok with it as long as I don't take too long, and he gets the mints as a treat! :D

Cookiebaker
10-01-2002, 04:13 AM
I have the exact same brush set! But the toothpaste is ABSOLUTELY nasty--it smells & looks like algae pond scum. :rolleyes: I'm just glad HE likes it! I haven't attempted the brush yet but I think next time I will. At least it won't be my finger getting bitten. I saw breathmints for dogs in the grocery store, and almost bought them one day. But the last few days it has become apparent that we now NEED them. Bye puppy breath and hello DOG breath...Whew! :p

ramanth
10-01-2002, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear that Chewy is okay. :)

wolf_Q
10-01-2002, 10:05 AM
The color of the toothpaste is nasty (brown) but I don't think it smells bad. Smells like mint. Reggie has some kind of toothpaste that is beef flavored and smells like puke, lol. The toothpaste we use at Petco smells good........it smells sweet like candy.......I don't remember the brand, but the container is white.

Cincy'sMom
10-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Glad Chewy is okay!

delidog
10-02-2002, 06:51 AM
so glad that chewy is alright!!!