PDA

View Full Version : Happy Vegetarian Day!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-30-2002, 12:30 PM
October 1st, is Vegetarian Day!

I have been a vegetraian for almost 7 years now. My mom always teases me about it. I was so amused when she sent me an e-card from Blue Mountain today :D

http://free.bluemountain.com/eng3gifs/lickles/veggieque/veggiequecp.gif

jenluckenbach
09-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey, today is Sept 30th. But now we know what to do tomorrow.
Love the e-card.

Dixieland Dancer
09-30-2002, 01:18 PM
My motto is "Where's the Beef?" I admire your ability to do without but it would be very hard for me. I am a meat lover!!! :eek:

ramanth
09-30-2002, 03:27 PM
What a cute ecard! I love a good Falafal any day! :D

FloppsyLadySally54
09-30-2002, 05:21 PM
!! I have been a vegeterian for about three weeks, but it is worth it!! It was hard t0 watch my friends choomp down on hamburgers at Burder King while I had a box of french fires.. anyway, it is worth it and I will never eat animals again!! love the e-card!!:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-30-2002, 05:43 PM
I do not think there is anything wrong with eating meat. That's not why I am a vegetarian. It's a personal choice, that's all.

Flafel is very popular where I come from. I love that stuff so much!

anna_66
09-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Flafel is very popular where I come from. I love that stuff so much!

What is Flafel? I've never heard of it.

Oh, and what a cute card!

Soledad
09-30-2002, 09:18 PM
I didn't realise that falafel was such an obscure food! I thought everyone knew about them!! Maybe that's just because I've been raised eating all sorts of foods. If you get the chance, try them, they're great....but make sure to get some nice sauce on them (tzatsiki, chili, or garlic yoghurt) as they can sometimes be dry.

Ann
10-01-2002, 05:53 AM
LOL, you beat me to it Souraya :D

Happy Vegetarian Day!!!! :)

The animals you eat are not those who devour others; you do not eat the carnivorous beasts, you take them as your pattern. You only hunger after sweet and gentle creatures who harm no one, which follow you, serve you, and are devoured by you as the reward of their service - John Jacques Rousseau

lovemymaltese
10-01-2002, 01:28 PM
That is a cute card, I did not know that there was a vegetarians day...interesting. :)