PDA

View Full Version : My senior Pidgelet, for the first time ever....

Medusa
07-18-2009, 09:43 AM
wanted up on my lap today! You have no idea what a big deal this is. She's always been a sweetheart and she likes to sit nearby and she'll tap me w/her paw when she wants to be petted but she has never wanted to sit on my lap. I was sitting here at the computer when I looked down and saw her staring up at me. I said "Would you like to come up?" and she made a move as though she was going to try to jump up. Well, at 21 years old w/cardiomyopathy, she's not as sure-footed as she used to be, so I lifted her up. She sat on my lap for about a minute or so and I stroked her and told her how happy she made mom, then she wanted down so I placed her gently on the floor. Not even a minute later, she vomited. A lot. Sigh. She wanted comfort from me, obviously, but I hope that this isn't a rerun of what Coco Puff just experienced. What in the world is making my cats sick? :confused: :(

catmandu
07-18-2009, 09:54 AM
I wonder if its a bad batch of Cat Food. There are some cans of SD Canned that my Cats dont even touch , although the Porch Cats do. I am getting leary of some Cat Foods especially the so called Premiuim Ones!:confused::confused:

Medusa
07-18-2009, 09:56 AM
That was my first thought, Gary, except that you'd think all the rest of the Fur Posse would get sick, too. So far it's been only Coco and Pidge. The only one who doesn't eat canned food is Creamsicle but she vomits nearly daily because she does the "scarf and barf". She eats so fast that it comes up nearly as fast as it goes down.

Taz_Zoee
07-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh my goodness Mary. I am so sorry there is something making your kitties not feel well. :( It's strange. But I'm thinking it's not the food because Pidgelet and Coco Puff did not get sick at the same time. Was that a new bag of treats??
Oh dear, I wish I knew what to tell you. I just hope your babies feel better soon and that nobody else get it.

katladyd
07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
It's funny how well we know our cats. When one of mine vomits (Ming) I get concerned, he's always sick when it happens. When Mac pukes, I just clean it up. He is King of the Scarf and Barf! I hope Pidge is okay:love: