PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe people can be so DUMB!!!

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2009, 03:56 PM
So I just got back from lunch and a co-worker called me to ask if I knew who drives the red jeep in the parking lot. As far as I know it's nobody that works with us. She says there is a dog in it!!! :eek:
So, of course, I jump up and go out to see. It's parked in the shade and all the windows are down. BUT, it's a big white fluffy dog. My Zoee has a double coat, but this dogs coat was three times as thick. It is 95 degrees here right now!!!:mad::mad:
I march right up to the window and start talking to the pup. He/she looks at me and sorta hiccups and is panting. We look around the vehicle and behind the front seat (where the dog was laying) on the floor was a dish of food and a collapsable water dish with a little water in it.
I went back in to my desk and got more water to give him/her. I took two other co-workers out with me just incase I encountered the owner. I wanted witnesses. I poured some more water in the dish and then brought the dish up and held it for him/her to drink from. He/she drank and drank and drank. I didn't let him/her have too much because I had no clue how long the car would be parked there. Also, I didn't want him/her to throw up. I know my Zoee throws up when she drinks too much too fast.
On our way back into the office we passed a man who works upstairs walking out on his cell phone. We stopped to see where he went and he went to that car, walked around and looked like he was coming back in. So we quickly went back to our office. Then I went to the original co-worker that told me about the dog and we went out another door to see if the vehicle was still there, because we were ready to call the police. The car was gone.
But another co-worker said she saw the same dog in a different car another day. So we are going to keep a look out for this dog and imediately call the authorities if it happens again.
I'm hoping the guy saw me at the car and won't do it again.

Why are people so stoopid?!?!

caseysmom
07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Thats horrible, it hotter than hell here today. My daughter is going to san deigo today I am so jealous, its in the 70's there, it is suppose to get to 105 here today.

What an idiot!

finn's mom
07-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I wonder if there's something that can be done for the guy and the dog so that this isn't the option he has to choose for the dog. :( I hope the dog's safe, either way.

moosmom
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd call Animal Control. Don't care if the windows ARE down and the car is in the shade. NO animal belongs in a car on a hot day. PERIOD!!!:mad::mad:

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
I wonder if there's something that can be done for the guy and the dog so that this isn't the option he has to choose for the dog. :( I hope the dog's safe, either way.

There was a childs car seat in the car as well. I thought maybe he was living in the car with the dog, but it didn't appear that way. Now that I know who owns the dog I might approach him if I see him again and talk to him about it.

I'd call Animal Control. Don't care if the windows ARE down and the car is in the shade. NO animal belongs in a car on a hot day. PERIOD!!!:mad::mad:

I agree. And if we see this dog in our parking lot again we will be calling. If I knew which company the man worked for I'd go there and ask for him.

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
OMG, I just looked out the window from my desk and he just moved the car.
I called animal control and she said there's nothing they can do about it as long as the temp inside the car is the same as outside and it's in the shade. But she will send someone out to "check". GRRRR!!!!
I am shaking right now. I think it is a Samoyed dog. If I see that guy again I am definitely going to say something to him.

My other co-worker was not happy that they won't do anything. While I was on the phone she said (loudly) and what if it was a child!!! I agree with her but I can only do so much. Someone else said I should go get the dog and bring it in here. I'm tempted but I can't.

Alysser
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
People SUCK! I can't believe AC won't do anything, then again I am not surprised. :mad: Can you call the police?

cassiesmom
07-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I have the seat right over the entrance to our office. I am surprised at the number of people who come to the office with their dog(s) in the car. We have a number of animal lovers in the office and someone will usually notice if there's a car with a dog inside, especially on a warm day. For the most part people are good about parking on the shady side of the building and leaving a window down. Most are inside for just a quick visit. One very hot day, there was a dog in a car and we all were worried. One of the gals went and found the owner and asked if she might bring the dog into the shade to cool off. Turned out the owner ended up being in the office longer than he'd planned, so he decided to take the dog home and return to take care of his business.

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
People SUCK! I can't believe AC won't do anything, then again I am not surprised. :mad: Can you call the police?

AC is located with the police department. Even if I called the police number they would have just forwarded me over to AC. Besides, I did call the police number and had to go through a bunch of "press this # for this" crap. So I found the direct number to AC and got a live person immediately.
I've already planned on calling every single day that I see this dog out there.

humanesociety
07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
AC is located with the police department. Even if I called the police number they would have just forwarded me over to AC. Besides, I did call the police number and had to go through a bunch of "press this # for this" crap. So I found the direct number to AC and got a live person immediately.
I've already planned on calling every single day that I see this dog out there.
yes, they wouldn't do squat about it. call this number: 650 340-7022 (x 608 for animal investigator of humane society) and they WILL press charges if they find any animal(s) in distress. the same thing happened to me recently and this investigator guy was very helpful. it may be out of your area but hopefully he can help.

(mayor, if you're not going to accept this, please pass this number to her - thank you!)

Taz_Zoee
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
yes, they wouldn't do a squat about it. call this number: 650 340-7022 (animal investigator of humane society) and they WILL press charges if they find any animal(s) in distress. the same thing happened to me last week and this investigator guy was very helpful. it may be out of your area but hopefully he can help.

(mayor, if you're not going to accept this, please pass this number to her - thank you!)

Thank you. I will keep this number on hand and if I see the dog again (it's not here today, but then it's not as hot today either) I will call AC and then this number if nothing is done.

kitten645
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's a spot where you can print out flyers to leave on peoples windsheilds telling them the dangers:

http://www.mydogiscool.com/b_flyer.php

People are morons! :mad:

Claudia