PDA

View Full Version : Holy.....!

smokey the elder
07-17-2009, 03:01 PM
We are having a hellacious thunderstorm right now! I guess I'll be hanging out at work surfing the net for a while. (I think I have my car windows cracked...grr.)

pomtzu
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Well you can just keep it there - okay??? I hate the darn thing, and being in the country, they always appear to be worse than in town. Guess it's because it's so open - all the farmland, etc.

We had a dandy not too long ago. I thought lightening struck the garage, but it hit one of the tall pines along the property line. It sounded like it was coming right thru the house. :eek::eek::eek:

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll take it...I'll take it!!!!

The lack of thunderstorms (or any rain for that matter) is one of the things that most makes me homesick.

It does not rain here from April to November and when it does it lacks any "drama."

I miss rain and thunderstorms so much I often wake up dreaming of them...:(

pomtzu
07-17-2009, 03:46 PM
ES - consider lack of storms a good thing. It wouldn't take much more than a couple of lightening strikes to burn the whole state down! :p

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2009, 03:49 PM
ES - consider lack of storms a good thing. It wouldn't take much more than a couple of lightening strikes to burn the whole state down! :p

Yet another reason I ponder....WHY do people live here.....sigh....

Karen
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I do love thunderstorms - Paul has been known to say my middle name is "inclement" as I love any kind of storm, really.

It is very muggy here now, we could use a good air-clearing thumper banger!

Hey, Sara - lots of people live in California for the "beautiful weather" - beauty obviously being in the eye of the beholder!

pomtzu
07-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I do love thunderstorms - Paul has been known to say my middle name is "inclement" as I love any kind of storm, really.

Hey, Sara - lots of people live in California for the "beautiful weather" - beauty obviously being in the eye of the beholder!

I just don't like the electrical storms.

I love a good blizzard, and I love being at the shore during a good Nor'easter. Ocean storms fascinate me.

And most of California is really beautiful - scenery-wise. I just couldn't live in the Land of Shake & Bake again. Too nerve wracking for me.

RICHARD
07-17-2009, 04:15 PM

Oh my Darling, Oh my darling
Oh My Darling, Inclement Time!:D

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
And most of California is really beautiful - scenery-wise.

The ocean/coastline is nice. But, especially this time of year I REALLY don't get it. Dried up, brown hills. When we drove to Utah and crossed Southern California eastward I REALLY didn't get it. If that isn't the end of the earth I am pretty sure you can see it from there. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Medusa
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I'll take it...I'll take it!!!!

The lack of thunderstorms (or any rain for that matter) is one of the things that most makes me homesick.

It does not rain here from April to November and when it does it lacks any "drama."

I miss rain and thunderstorms so much I often wake up dreaming of them...:(

My son says the same thing. When he was last home, he said that he was hoping for a storm. He should've been here today. We just had a good one.

Sirrahsim
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
It is supposed to start storming here sometime during the night. I am excited for it, we need rain in a desperate way!

Killearn Kitties
07-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Are you still at work Smokey? Did your car fill with water? What is happening?

kokopup
07-17-2009, 09:41 PM

I'm with you on that Karen. I love a storm, especially an electrical storm where the air is charged with ionized air. It is the most rejuvenating thing in the world to me. I will sit on my front porch during a storm and just take it all in.

pomtzu --- Believe it or not the most severe Electrical storm I have ever witnessed was in Providence not far from Roger Williams Park. I was driving a Fiat 600 (very small car) and the lightening was striking all around me. There were two strikes that occurred in a matter of seconds within a few feet of my car. That time I was scared.

happylabs
07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
oh my darling, oh my darling
oh my darling, inclement time!:d

lol!!

Medusa
07-18-2009, 06:35 AM

Excellent! :D

smokey the elder
07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
The storm passed in about half an hour, soaking my driver's seat (grr.) We had an even worse storm late Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday made up for it!

K9karen
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Oh R....you're so quick! :p

RICHARD
07-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh R....you're so quick! :p

Poor Paul,

I can hear Karen now.....

"Sing my theme song"!!!!;):D

kitten645
07-21-2009, 12:31 AM
When I first moved here from NY, I thought F the "golden CA hills" they are just burnt! There is flippin TUMBLEWEED here! :eek:
However as I've been HERE longer than THERE I've come to appreciate that I'd prefer a bit of the rare "shake" to a hurricane or rain or blizard or electrical ANYTHING.:cool:
ES, it's a matter of time..you'll see! No one could have convinced me of that way back when. :rolleyes:
My dream life would be working three months in London, three in SF, three in NY and three on vacation! :D
Claudia